Teams & Riders Nairo Quintana discussion thread

Page 351 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So the organizers of Burgos have decided not to invite the team of the two time winner. Fortunately he's sure to start in the Tour, but I don't see Arkéa on the start list of the Giro nor the Vuelta either.

It looks like the Mont Ventoux Challenge and the Tour de l'Ain will be his first races. Then he will probably ride the Dauphiné. This is a good preparation schedule for the Tour, but it looks like he won't have many chances to race outside of France this year.

After his accident and resting period he probably wouldn't have been in top shape yet. Hopefully he will be able to hit his best form within a month.

Vuelta was literally never going to invite them. There are 3 Spanish Pro Continental teams and la Vuelta only has 2 wild cards. If The one Pro Conti team that got the automatic wild card didn't take it for la Vuelta that 3rd Wild Card was going to the 3rd Spanish Pro Conti team. The only teams that were ever one their list to invite. The Giro took 2 Italian pro Conti teams and Van der Poel's team as their 3rd Wild Card.

Absolutely. But if you can invite non world tour teams to a race, you’d think they’d go for the teams who will bring the most action/views/exposure to the race. I do understand there are local continental teams that want to ride and base their year around these races.
No necessarily. When you're talking a Spanish race and Spanish Pro Conti/Conti teams those Spanish teams are the ones that are more likely to bring viewers and audiences to the races. It's also about trying to help "home" teams survive.

I don't know - sure it is far from an optimal preperation to be hit by a car. But in the end it matters what he can do at the Tour. And it would just be a huge anti-climax if this is going to be another disappointing year after what he showed in the spring. The Tour Starts in 3 weeks. Thats not much time to improve from where he is now

That was a significant improvement in comparison to Thursday. There might be some hope yet to have a challenger to the duopoly.
Despite a slight, understandable dip following his accident, Quintana looks like he is recovering quite quickly. He could well be back to his early season form come the Tour.

To be honest I've been completely indifferent towards Quintana for the past seven years, but this year I've found myself cheering for him a bit and I hope he wins the Tour. I suppose there's nothing sexier than a man who rides for a French Pro-Conti team.

Despite a slight, understandable dip following his accident, Quintana looks like he is recovering quite quickly. He could well be back to his early season form come the Tour.

To be honest I've been completely indifferent towards Quintana for the past seven years, but this year I've found myself cheering for him a bit and I hope he wins the Tour. I suppose there's nothing sexier than a man who rides for a French Pro-Conti team.
And he definitely looks better in Arkea’s red kit!

Reactions: Sandisfan

Careful with the betting, though. You already lost your family...

Honestly it looks annoyingly similar to the Ineos kit from aerial shots. Several times I thought Bernal still had a teammate with him when I realised I was staring at Quintana's back.
It's all part of the plan. He's trying to assimilate the Ineos train and beat them with their own weapons. Bernal will just think a teammate has gone up the road to make Roglic chase when, in reality, the Condor stretches his wings..

ASK THE COMMUNITY