• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Nairo Quintana discussion thread

Page 351 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don't know - sure it is far from an optimal preperation to be hit by a car. But in the end it matters what he can do at the Tour. And it would just be a huge anti-climax if this is going to be another disappointing year after what he showed in the spring. The Tour Starts in 3 weeks. Thats not much time to improve from where he is now

That was a significant improvement in comparison to Thursday. There might be some hope yet to have a challenger to the duopoly.
Despite a slight, understandable dip following his accident, Quintana looks like he is recovering quite quickly. He could well be back to his early season form come the Tour.

To be honest I've been completely indifferent towards Quintana for the past seven years, but this year I've found myself cheering for him a bit and I hope he wins the Tour. I suppose there's nothing sexier than a man who rides for a French Pro-Conti team.

Despite a slight, understandable dip following his accident, Quintana looks like he is recovering quite quickly. He could well be back to his early season form come the Tour.

To be honest I've been completely indifferent towards Quintana for the past seven years, but this year I've found myself cheering for him a bit and I hope he wins the Tour. I suppose there's nothing sexier than a man who rides for a French Pro-Conti team.
And he definitely looks better in Arkea’s red kit!

Reactions: Sandisfan

Careful with the betting, though. You already lost your family...

Honestly it looks annoyingly similar to the Ineos kit from aerial shots. Several times I thought Bernal still had a teammate with him when I realised I was staring at Quintana's back.
It's all part of the plan. He's trying to assimilate the Ineos train and beat them with their own weapons. Bernal will just think a teammate has gone up the road to make Roglic chase when, in reality, the Condor stretches his wings..

It's all part of the plan. He's trying to assimilate the Ineos train and beat them with their own weapons. Bernal will just think a teammate has gone up the road to make Roglic chase when, in reality, the Condor stretches his wings..
They'll read Condor and think for a moment "wait am I reading Contador those nightmares are over" buying him vital time

I am much more positive about Quintana again after today. The most visible difference to the last years is in my opinion that he really looks mean and lean.

Hopefully the setback is over by now and he'll ride into that stratospheric form just in time. During the Tour Arkea needs to keep him out of trouble, annoy the hell out of everybody with Barguil and let pokerface do his thing. I am optimistic.

Reactions: ppanther92

TRENDING THREADS