• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Nairo Quintana discussion thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dekker_Tifosi said:
quintana absolutely destroyed everyone in uphill ITT in tour l'avenir. Since then it's pretty obvious that when a ITT goes uphill he should not fear many, not even the amazing Porte

Porte seems over the top of his PN form tho.

Possibly a bit but the weather has been so brutal in the last few days it's hard to tell.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
JRanton said:
Yeah, he's the real deal this one.

I'm very curious to see how he'll do in a reasonably long flat TT. I guess we'll have to wait for the Dauphine.

I looked earlier but couldn't find a Dauphine parcours - has it not been announced yet?

As the ASO like to use the Dauphine as nothing more than a warmup race now perhaps we'll see the hilly TdF ITT in this year's Dauphine edition.

will10 said:
I looked earlier but couldn't find a Dauphine parcours - has it not been announced yet?

As the ASO like to use the Dauphine as nothing more than a warmup race now perhaps we'll see the hilly TdF ITT in this year's Dauphine edition.

Yeh it will have a decent sized flat ITT. Should really be doing Suisse where he'd be unbeatable.

That said he may not want to hit top form so just go for a couple of stages like many TdF'ers do.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
the asian said:
I meant in the Tour ofc. We all know Nibali will take care of Sir Bradley Borg in the Giro.

let's add samu to the menu. He doesn't look good at vais pasco, but hope he can can be another headache to deal with for sky besides quintana :D

Escarabajo said:
I saw it and I was going to post it. You beat me to it. The real problem is that Quintana does not speak English.

The only people I've seen accused of doping by the media are a Chinese swimmer a south African runner, a morocan runner and a mestizo Colombian cyclist who won a week stage race.

Others are perfectly free to win tdf's out of nowhere, run the 100m is 9.6, do the 5, 10 double, win 18 golds or whatever it was.

And if you ask questions of them its sedition.

TRENDING THREADS