• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Nairo Quintana discussion thread

Page 355 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
He looks to be doing very well considering his hampered training. The Alps should suit him more if he has aspirations I think we will see him bide his time generally and attack hard on stage 15 if he has the legs, the climbs are steep relatively long and suit him as does stage 17. He probably needs about 2:30 before the final TT so will have to go on the offensive.

He hasn't looked this good in the Tour for several years, but he's still a very long way from winning it. He needs to take a lot of time on Roglic with only two MTFs left and without much team support in the finals. There's also Pogacar, who looked the strongest yesterday, and Bernal, who's in the same situation as last year after the Pyrenees. So I'm rooting for him, but he will really have to dig deep.

Looks like a strong podium chance, and overall victory is certainly not out of the question. Dumoulin and Pinot suddenly out of contention is a big help.

They could still be in contention and it wouldn’t matter for Nairo. If his knee isn’t hurting him, he’s proven to have great shape this year...more than Dumoulin and he’s almost always better than Pinot. He would have out performed them regardless. He’s just been at a higher level this year.

Reactions: Pantani_lives
He surprised you every day, maybe he'll keep doing that and we really have no idea where he'll be in the end. This guy.....I can't dislike him, but every time you warmed up to him he'd get funny and it didn't seem he cared that much and just flicked an elbow or rode tempo in the 4th group something. I mean, today wasn't that bad at all, at least he showed some will after the climb, but a worse day in 3rd week shouldn't be a surprise anymore, at least less than suddenly going mythical.

yyfm4GV.png

TRENDING THREADS