• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Championship Discussion/Results

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
so which one will finish first?
dutch,belgian or french?

i remember last year i was watching the french one and it was a superb race.this year though the race is flat,long but flat.
the belgian...we already know the winner....tommeke will strike again...and the route is boring...although see last year...

so the dutch nationals it is.difficult route,now i hear,atrocious conditions....and the beast ready to eat those raboboys

i hope there will be plenty of live streams here :)

where do you follow it?

He was poor in Suisse and he didnt properly feature in any of the sprints and is certainly a long way of top form.
Guys like GVA and Roelandts are in better form and can certainly give him a run for his money.

crazy weather also in france:

gadret just attacked:
2e_passage.jpg

DSC_0407.jpg

in this photo,chavanel looks exactly as phil lol
Chavanel_et_Lappartient.jpg

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Netherlands

-R.Kreder and Stamsnijder to the hospital. Kroon also given up and w/bandages
-About 15 riders have given up already, among them.. Lieuwe Westra :confused: (he didn't fall)
So Westra has given up? I wouldn't be surprised if he'll eventually get second place. :p

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Pentacycle said:
Gilbert won't win, he should work for Greg for the first time in his life. Phil will have a hard time surviving 250 kms, and GVA has a better sprint.

hard time surviving 250km?? Seriously??
In some recent interview he mentioned that his form is improving.
I won't be surprised if he attacks today.
Anyway I don't think GVA can win a sprint against boonen.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
hard time surviving 250km?? Seriously??
In some recent interview he mentioned that his form is improving.
I won't be surprised if he attacks today.
Anyway I don't think GVA can win a sprint against boonen.

Remember that the riders call this a 250 kms kermiskoers, and that Gilbert struggled to ride top 100 in Gullegem koerse, which is only 170 kms. He won't contend imo. He'll have a hard time sprinting after every corner in the last laps, no matter how much he wants to keep his jersey.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Pentacycle said:
Remember that the riders call this a 250 kms kermiskoers, and that Gilbert struggled to ride top 100 in Gullegem koerse, which is only 170 kms. He won't contend imo. He'll have a hard time sprinting after every corner in the last laps, no matter how much he wants to keep his jersey.

That's different, I remember el pistolero or one of the belgian posters mentioning, a break went away early and the rest of the peloton sat back and weren't bothered. So he just rolled in, in the middle of the pack.

Weren't the previous editions of the belgian nationals like this too???

I think he has it to be there in the final.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
That's different, I remember el pistolero or one of the belgian posters mentioning, a break went away early and the rest of the peloton sat back and weren't bothered. So he just rolled in, in the middle of the pack.

Weren't the previous editions of the belgian nationals like this too???

I think he has it to be there in the final.

Of course he'll always have an excuse, but with his favourite weather today blowing over the Benelux, he'll lose fair and square. Of course he can always surprise me, and if he can get a top 10 today, I think he's on the right track to at least getting one win this year.

Quote: Team Argos-Shimano ‏@1t4i
The gap between the peloton and the breakaway is around one minute. Five laps (of 10.3 km per lap) down, twenty-two to go!
Is the Dutch race really 275+ kilometres long?

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Pentacycle said:
Of course he'll always have an excuse, but with his favourite weather today blowing over the Benelux, he'll lose fair and square. Of course he can always surprise me, and if he can get a top 10 today, I think he's on the right track to at least getting one win this year.

Is he really that bad in these type of races????

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
he said before the race he wouldn't take any risks. It's very windy and rainy here. I live 40km from the start place and I wouldn't go on my bike in this weather ;)

Only 56 riders are left btw, and it's still 2 hours till the live TV and 4 hours till the finish

Is it really that bad in Limburg? :eek:

It's bad wheather over here too, rainy and windy, in South Holland, but nothing like "only 56 riders left in the race before the TV coverage even starts"-bad wheather.

Do you know whether the lap in Kerkrade has open spots in the wind btw?

TRENDING THREADS