• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National championships June 2021

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Evenepoel 10 seconds down on Lampaert right now. Van Hooydonck might be the surprising 3rd today.

EDIT: Lampaert increases his gap. 13 seconds to Evenepoel at the unofficial T3. Campenaerts in pole position for 3rd place now (but it's close with 4 guys within 10 seconds).

EDIT2: Van wilder started slow, but looks like he still has a shot at the podium. Campenaerts will probably get that spot tho.

Last edited:
Well lampaert did not increase his advantage to Vermeersch at T5 (they don't show that intermediate on the broadcast) so maybe he did start a bit too fast. Vermeersch might just be riding a good last part of the TT tho.

EDIT: Campenaerts closed in too. But Evenepoel still at 20 seconds, so its gonna be 1. Lampaert, 2. Evenepoel 3. Campenaerts 4/5/6 Vermeersch/Frison/Van Wilder

Reactions: Sandisfan
Lotte Kopecky has retained the Belgian ITT title.

Fiona Zimmermann won the junior ITT in Switzerland. I tried to see, if she had any relation to Urs, and I came across a play. in which an Urs Zimmermann wants to send his spoiled daughter Fiona to Africa to discipline her. I don't think it was based on true events, though.
Now this is exactly the level of nuanced understanding of pro cycling that I come to this forum to get! ;) :)

I’m sure it would be difficult because of the way broadcast rights are held by different media groups in every country, but I would love seeing a broadcaster get the rights to show all the national title races and do an “old-style” ESPN March Madness broadcast (when they carried all the early round games), switching back and forth from one country to another as dramatic events unfolded or final kilometers approached.

I’m sure it would be difficult because of the way broadcast rights are held by different media groups in every country, but I would love seeing a broadcaster get the rights to show all the national title races and do an “old-style” ESPN March Madness broadcast (when they carried all the early round games), switching back and forth from one country to another as dramatic events unfolded or final kilometers approached.

Starting from next year, Denmark is doing a "National Championships week", which so far includes 25 different sports, with a total of 100 sets of medals, all doing their championships in the same week, in the same town, creating a festival atmosphere (like a miniature Olympics).

Cycling is going to be part of that too :cool:

Starting from next year, Denmark is doing a "National Championships week", which so far includes 25 different sports, with a total of 100 sets of medals, all doing their championships in the same week, in the same town, creating a festival atmosphere (like a miniature Olympics).

Cycling is going to be part of that too :cool:

I'm sure the international broadcasters won't mind a bit of random shot putting! As long as they aren't shot putting into the peloton, coz that would be... bad...

TRENDING THREADS