• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National championships June 2021

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Evita played the Muzic perfectly in France. . .
Clipboard.jpg
Clipboard.jpg

Reactions: Sandisfan
German women TT results:

1. Lisa Brennauer 40:33
  2. Lisa Klein 41:04
  3. Hannah Ludwig 41:34
  4. Corinna Lechner 43:17
  5. Tanja Erath 43:35
  6. Franziska Brauße 43:46
  7. Merle Brunnée 44:24
  8. Helena Bieber 44:27
  9. Adelheid Schütz 44:37
  10. Charlotte Becker 45:06
7th placed Merle Brunnée is a runner, today was her fist bike race apparently.

Off topic, why do so many of them have names like they are my grandmothers or at least 10 years older than me? Okay, so apparently Liane Lippert left the race half-way.
Corinna, Tanja, Adelheid, even Franziska is not a common name among under 30s. It must be a milieu-thing?

Off topic, why do so many of them have names like they are my grandmothers or at least 10 years older than me? Okay, so apparently Liane Lippert left the race half-way.
Corinna, Tanja, Adelheid, even Franziska is not a common name among under 30s. It must be a milieu-thing?

Adelheid is the most old-fashioned of those, but she's from Bavaria and some things are a bit differnt there. Corinna, Tanja and Franziska are typical names from the 70s I guess. Franziska is one of those names that come back every couple of years though.

Edit: Just read above that Adelheid Schütz is 47.

Franziska Preuß may beg to differ, and Tanja Erath is 31 and Adelheid Schütz 47.

Yeah... but Franziska... I don't know maybe it's different in southern Germany, but Franziska seems to be a name for my age group (end-30s) or older... a Tanja I would imagine to be 45... and Adelheid 75... I'm not holding that against them! I just find it interesting in terms of who does this sport on the highest level.

I mean, I would expect there to be tons of Emmas, Claras, Angelinas, Celines, Pias, Maras... there are some, but all in all the names appear really conservative.

Reactions: Samu Cuenca
Yeah... but Franziska... I don't know maybe it's different in southern Germany, but Franziska seems to be a name for my age group (end-30s) or older... a Tanja I would imagine to be 45... and Adelheid 75... I'm not holding that against them! I just find it interesting in terms of who does this sport on the highest level.

I mean, I would expect there to be tons of Emmas, Claras, Angelinas, Celines, Pias, Maras... there are some, but all in all the names appear really conservative.

Is Pia a common name nowadays?
It's grown out of fashion in Denmark, but that probably has something to do with the best known Pia being a controversial politician (in some people's eyes).

Is Pia a common name nowadays?
It's grown out of fashion in Denmark, but that probably has something to do with the best known Pia being a controversial politician (in some people's eyes).

:D
My sister who's younger than me always seemed to have a lot of Pias around, that's why that name came to my mind. Looked it up and it was quite popular from 1990-2015, but probably there's always a regional aspect in that as well.

Reactions: Samu Cuenca

TRENDING THREADS