• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National championships June 2021

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
This is the main reason why everyone saying Evenepoel would almost certainly have won Lombardia 2020 was a bit quick in that judgment imo. I could see Evenepoel being the strongest that day but if you can stay in his wheel you win. And I have a feeling that Pologne 2020 was the last wake-up call the peloton needed about now reacting to Evenepoel's attacks.

This is the main reason why everyone saying Evenepoel would almost certainly have won Lombardia 2020 was a bit quick in that judgment imo. I could see Evenepoel being the strongest that day but if you can stay in his wheel you win. And I have a feeling that Pologne 2020 was the last wake-up call the peloton needed about now reacting to Evenepoel's attacks.
Lombardia was difficult enough terrain, this wasn’t. The WC is difficult enough terrain for him to drop people.

Reactions: postmanhat
Masnada is such a melonhead, today hel pulled more for Colbrelli than he did for Almeida during the entire last Giro.
Ok, he had no radio, but when the motobike tells you than only a single guy is 19sec behind you with under 5kmto go you stop pulling. Instead he kept leading during the final km and tried to beat Colbrelli of all people with a long sprint. A total moron!
Respect for Zoccarato who finished 3rd and was in the early breakaway.

TRENDING THREADS