• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National championships June 2021

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Meanwhile, the Danish U23 races where also being held this weekend.

ITT yesterday, Price-Pejtersen apparently doesn't like sharing. He just wants all the titles...

And the Road Race today:

Marckus Njor is clearly the most consistent

Anybody else caring to watch the British National Men's road race just now? Ethan Hayter looks insanely strong but in the chase group.

Of course. Though I didn't go away for a little while to watch the race over in Italy.

Clipboard.jpg

Not sure what else Wright could have done. He had to close down the attacks as Swift was playing the Hayter card, if he had gone before the last climb Tanfield would have closed him down.
Yeah, not much. I was taking the opportunity to make a cheap pun.

I think Hayter could have bridged across, but he's such a smooth rider that it's hard to tell just how hard he's working.

Good race but I always find it disappointing how few riders that Sky/Ineos bring to the national championships. Yeah I know riders have programmes and all that but you'd have thought it might be a nice gesture to ride in front of their home fans and promote the sport. They should be like Italy and not consider no shows for the national team.

it does feel disappointing when some UK riders choose not to ride nationals, weirdly in June theyd have more of an excuse for conflicting programmes, but at the end of the season it feels...I dont want to say disrespectful...but it is like ok so what was it that you were doing that was way more important than this ?

but is that the done thing in Nationals nowadays ? I thought it was supposed to be every rider for themselves

Trade teams and the number of riders often play a result in National Championships - Drops was a good performance because they are a continental team - Even in the men's race, Hayter was strong enough to bridge to the front, however he stayed in the second group because Swift was in the front group.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Good race but I always find it disappointing how few riders that Sky/Ineos bring to the national championships. Yeah I know riders have programmes and all that but you'd have thought it might be a nice gesture to ride in front of their home fans and promote the sport. They should be like Italy and not consider no shows for the national team.

It would have been cool to have Pidcock and TGH, not to mention Yates, GT and Rowe, but probably issue is timing. By now a fair number of riders have shut down their seasons...I really enjoyed both the crit and the RR.

It would have been cool to have Pidcock and TGH, not to mention Yates, GT and Rowe, but probably issue is timing. By now a fair number of riders have shut down their seasons...I really enjoyed both the crit and the RR.

It was late this year but they very rarely send their big names.
There was an impressive array of WT and PC jerseys on display though. So many riders from French-based teams.

TRENDING THREADS