• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 617 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Expect the Kansas running backs to get involved in the passing game as well with the Kansas WR's having injury issues. I'm sure Reid will throw the Eagles a few curveballs. Kelce has also been having some injury issues. Fair to say the Chiefs go into the game more banged up than the Eagles. Kansas will need some Mahomes wizardry but it was also telling that the Eagles QB wasn't throwing much against the 49ers either but they had the game under control at the half. Hurt's shoulder obviously isn't 100 % just like Mahomes ankle. Be interesting to see how much time Mahomes gets to throw.
Edwards-Helaire has been activated back to the roster from the IR. He & McKinnon are their best pass receiving backs. In fact, McKinnon is like a WR playing out of the backfield (catches everything & has sub-4.4 speed). I anticipate Pacheco getting most of the carries - and if he gets hot watch out Philly. And it looks like Pacheco, only a 7th rd pick (great size & speed), will probably supplant Edwards-Helaire, a 1st rd pick, as their #1 & primary RB moving forward. Edwards-Helaire has been disappointing missing significant time with injuries the last 2 yrs after a pretty solid rookie season.

I like KC in close one - maybe a late 4th qtr game winning TD or walk-off FG.

Last edited:
Reactions: movingtarget
Edwards-Helaire has been activated back to the roster from the IR. He & McKinnon are their best pass receiving backs. In fact, McKinnon is like a WR playing out of the backfield (catches everything & has sub-4.4 speed). I anticipate Pacheco getting most of the carries - and if he gets hot watch out Philly. And it looks like Pacheco, only a 7th rd pick (great size & speed), will probably supplant Edwards-Helaire, a 1st rd pick, as their #1 & primary RB moving forward. Edwards-Helaire has been disappointing missing significant time with injuries the last 2 yrs after a pretty solid rookie season.

I like KC in close one - maybe a late 4th qtr game winning TD or walk-off FG.
49ers unfortunately got nothing out of McKinnon due to injuries and then let him go after his two year contract expired. He's done well at the Chiefs which would frustrate the hell out of the 49ers. Helaire impressed me as a rookie but the injuries have mounted up. Picking the Chiefs to win.

Last edited:
Super bowl plans?

My neighbors are hosting a party.
I'm putting on an adult half time show.
Adult Milkshakes, that is.
I don't know if I am a Rihanna fan or not..? Like a couple of her singles and a duet w M&M.
.I will watch the first half at a wings-billiards-sports bar in support of a friend that works there.. second half at home with easier access to the refrigerator and bathrooms..
Also often my dogs and cats think that I am angry while watching football.. Screaming is confusing.
.I am really hoping that there are very few pan shots of Bradley Cooper, owners of both teams..Deeply annoying
Fly Eagles Fly

Both teams can win but I think if the Chiefs play cute like they did against the Bengals, the Eagles will capitalize on those mistakes. I also actually like the Eagles more in a close game based off their running ability to bring down the clock, on top oof Mahomes puts the ball out there for takeaways. Overall I think Eagles win by two scores.

This is one of those games like @jmdirt and @movingtarget were saying that they’d take the ball first instead of deferring. Eagles score a touchdown and if Chiefs don’t score, Eagles can start running it on them.

Both teams can win but I think if the Chiefs play cute like they did against the Bengals, the Eagles will capitalize on those mistakes. I also actually like the Eagles more in a close game based off their running ability to bring down the clock, on top oof Mahomes puts the ball out there for takeaways. Overall I think Eagles win by two scores.

This is one of those games like @jmdirt and @movingtarget were saying that they’d take the ball first instead of deferring. Eagles score a touchdown and if Chiefs don’t score, Eagles can start running it on them.
Though Eagles giving the Chiefs the turnover and score first!!!

Reactions: jmdirt
Oh my god
Chiefs turning into the Patriots getting the calls going their way. Whole game goes without a holding call, even on some crazy runs and returns yet one is thrown on a ball no where near the receiver and no clear view of an actual hold. Great for them to win despite struggling in parts and with the injury and almost everyone saying it’s a rebuild year. Turning into a dynasty.