• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 201 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sissies? RLY? NFL is a brutally tough sport. The normal person would not survive one minute out there with a bunch like that. Most of those fat sissies could prolly catch you in 10 yards. Then what?

I'd agree on being overpaid, but that's not a new consensus here.

The beauty of the sport though, is the struggle of 11 men all together as a unit. Any one member of the unit does not do his job and the execution can fail, and often does fail. The bond formed between those 11 men in the unit (offense or defense) is something those men often remember, cherish, and miss more than any single play during their career. Partly because it is so brutal. It's like going to war with each other without all the negatives of real war.

Re: Re:

In this thread, not of your own.

Meanwhile, camp is about to open in the NFL and we still have no clue what's going to happen with Brady and Goodell. One thing is for sure, the latest numbers indicate the NFL is making more money than ever, so no matter how badly Goodell stumbles, or how many gaffes or lawsuits he faces, the owners are going to keep him, as money is the almighty to them.

Justin Tuck says Jean Pierre Paul will be the same player as before, even though the idiot blew his finger off and disfigured his hand playing with fireworks. I'm not so sure.

Speaking of the Giants, they are looking to extend Eli Manning's contract with a long-term deal. Eli is already one of the highest paid QBs in the NFL, and we all know how good he is (or isn't), and any new contract would be back loaded, meaning the Giants are rolling the dice on the next season or two to get back to it's SB winning ways. What is most interesting is this coming season Eii will have his best receiving corps in some time (though an iffy OL maybe). What if they give him a big long term deal and he doesn't do well this year? Eli will be 35 before the end of the season.

On the flipside, Sam Bradford says he's not seeking a contract extension, and is willing to play out this season on his contract, stand or fall. He likely didn't have much of a choice, but it's a team friendly (fan friendly?) notion.

At age 30, when most players at his position decline, Adrien Peterson has restructured his contract to play three more years for the team. He's reportedly taking a pay cut, while getting a little more guaranteed money in return. The team I guess is expecting him to not get hurt, but not perform as well in the past. Had the old deal stuck, he would have been paid up to $16m in the last year of his deal. Insane numbers for a RB.

Finally, for the geeks, Bleacher Report issued it's list of 5 players in need of a reality check this season. That doesn't mean they stink, it means they could be under pressure to step up, or step down. They also have a guesswork list of each team's best training camp standout:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2525781-5-nfl-players-due-for-a-reality-check-in-2015/page/1

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2522590-predicting-each-nfl-teams-biggest-training-camp-revelation

Alpe d'Huez said:

Meanwhile, camp is about to open in the NFL and we still have no clue what's going to happen with Brady and Goodell. One thing is for sure, the latest numbers indicate the NFL is making more money than ever, so no matter how badly Goodell stumbles, or how many gaffes or lawsuits he faces, the owners are going to keep him, as money is the almighty to them.

Justin Tuck says Jean Pierre Paul will be the same player as before, even though the idiot blew his finger off and disfigured his hand playing with fireworks. I'm not so sure.

Speaking of the Giants, they are looking to extend Eli Manning's contract with a long-term deal. Eli is already one of the highest paid QBs in the NFL, and we all know how good he is (or isn't), and any new contract would be back loaded, meaning the Giants are rolling the dice on the next season or two to get back to it's SB winning ways. What is most interesting is this coming season Eii will have his best receiving corps in some time (though an iffy OL maybe). What if they give him a big long term deal and he doesn't do well this year? Eli will be 35 before the end of the season.

On the flipside, Sam Bradford says he's not seeking a contract extension, and is willing to play out this season on his contract, stand or fall. He likely didn't have much of a choice, but it's a team friendly (fan friendly?) notion.

At age 30, when most players at his position decline, Adrien Peterson has restructured his contract to play three more years for the team. He's reportedly taking a pay cut, while getting a little more guaranteed money in return. The team I guess is expecting him to not get hurt, but not perform as well in the past. Had the old deal stuck, he would have been paid up to $16m in the last year of his deal. Insane numbers for a RB.

Finally, for the geeks, Bleacher Report issued it's list of 5 players in need of a reality check this season. That doesn't mean they stink, it means they could be under pressure to step up, or step down. They also have a guesswork list of each team's best training camp standout:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2525781-5-nfl-players-due-for-a-reality-check-in-2015/page/1

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2522590-predicting-each-nfl-teams-biggest-training-camp-revelation

-P. Manning will still be a top 5 QB in 2015.
-Romo will struggle without Murray, and Dez will be a problem all season.
-Murray will rush for 1,200 yards, and 500 yard receiving while helping the Eagles get deep into the playoffs .
-Peterson will have a solid year. He might be 30, but he's fresh after not playing much last year.
-Beckham will be a solid target for Eli in '15, but '14 numbers will be tough to match.
-Hyde? SF is going to have a tough season so he won't be the only 49er who will struggle.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Re:

on3m@n@rmy said:
Thanks, but I don't get out enough to know, what the heck's a 5.000? Anyway, I like my suds way too much to waste time on hard drinks. A good porter, stout, or malty, hoppy IPA are my favs. Hoppy makes me happy.

Only Pils. :)

Alpe d'Huez said:

:confused:

jmdirt said:
- (1) P. Manning will still be a top 5 regular season QB in 2015.
- (2) Romo will struggle without Murray, and Dez will be a problem all season.
- (3) Murray will rush for 1,200 yards, and 500 yard receiving while helping the Eagles get deep into the playoffs .
- (4) Peterson will have a solid year. He might be 30, but he's fresh after not playing much last year.

(1) Corrected for you :D
(2) Why shall Romo struggle without Murray?
(3) Sorry for spoiling the party ;) : RBs have no impact on bettering a offense team efficiency, unless they are above average blockers*... they just run fast forward, cut left and right (and are thrown into the dustbin once the inevitable injuries take their toll)... All RBs invited to NFL camps can do that.
History is proof again and again. My favo examples always being John Settle, Timmy Smith, any RB running behind the hogs OL (80/90s), any RB running behind the Broncos OL (90/00s), and latest added last years Vikings and Ravens, and then some many more ofc...
(4) But it doesnt matter (see 3)

(* and even then they are helpless if playing behind a crap OL, and/or without a talented QB > see any season by Walter Payton, except 1985 when McMahon made it trou a full season at least once)

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
on3m@n@rmy said:
Thanks, but I don't get out enough to know, what the heck's a 5.000? Anyway, I like my suds way too much to waste time on hard drinks. A good porter, stout, or malty, hoppy IPA are my favs. Hoppy makes me happy.

Only Pils.

Alpe d'Huez said:

jmdirt said:
- (3) Murray will rush for 1,200 yards, and 500 yard receiving while helping the Eagles get deep into the playoffs .
- (4) Peterson will have a solid year. He might be 30, but he's fresh after not playing much last year.

(1) Corrected for you
(3) Sorry for spoiling the party ;) : RBs have no impact on bettering a offense team efficiency, unless they are above average blockers*... they just run fast forward, cut left and right (and are thrown into the dustbin once the inevitable injuries take their toll)... All RBs invited to NFL camps can do that.
History is proof again and again. My favo examples always being John Settle, Timmy Smith, any RB running behind the hogs OL (80/90s), any RB running behind the Broncos OL (90/00s), and latest added last years Vikings and Ravens, and then some many more ofc...

(* and even then they are helpless if playing behind a crap OL, and/or without a talented QB > see any season by Walter Payton, except 1985 when McMahon made it trou a full season at least once)
1- :D
2-Romo will have to pass more and the Ds know that.
3-I don't totally disagree, but when you have a back like Murray or Lynch it makes your offense better not only because they move you down the field, they build momentum, and the D has to account for them. Would Seattle have been as good with 'any back in camp' instead of Lynch the last two years? I would argue no because he was the difference. A similar argument could be made about Murray '14. I'm not disregarding the O line, or the passing game, or the D, or special teams, but those are different (yes related) conversations.
4- see 3

Barry Sanders was amazing, but the Lions weren't amazing so a back isn't THE team, but in the case of backs like Lynch and Murray their teams are much better with them in the backfield.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site

jmdirt said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
on3m@n@rmy said:

Only Pils.

Alpe d'Huez said:

jmdirt said:

(1) Corrected for you
(3) Sorry for spoiling the party: RBs have no impact on bettering a offense team efficiency, unless they are above average blockers*... they just run fast forward, cut left and right (and are thrown into the dustbin once the inevitable injuries take their toll)... All RBs invited to NFL camps can do that.

1- :D
2-Romo will have to pass more and the Ds know that.
3-I don't totally disagree, but when you have a back like Murray or Lynch it makes your offense better not only because they move you down the field, they build momentum, and the D has to account for them. Would Seattle have been as good with 'any back in camp' instead of Lynch the last two years? I would argue no because he was the difference. A similar argument could be made about Murray '14. I'm not disregarding the O line, or the passing game, or the D, or special teams, but those are different (yes related) conversations.
4- see 3

Barry Sanders was amazing, but the Lions weren't amazing so a back isn't THE team, but in the case of backs like Lynch and Murray their teams are much better with them in the backfield.

2- Doesnt matter... NE rushed like 4 times and passed around 60 against No-1 Pass-D Pitt in 2007... and won.
SL in SB passed basically on every down against Tenn and won... PM and Favre battled it out trou their without running the ball... and scored a ton... and the stunner ;) : Every comeback in the NFL (and there are lots of them) comes... trou the air with the D knowing whats coming.
Look at 3rd and longs: Teams pass on 90% of downs (that includes the real ugly ones with a crap OL)... and pass efficiency is not going down. Bonus effect: The Run average balloons from 4 to 6 per carry!
Now ofc bad teams shall not pass often, otherwise their QB gets killed, literally. But in Romos case: I see zilch problems if he has to pass more (if coach lets him do, which is another question and theme). Actually a increase in offensive performance must be expected.
3- How is Lynch making a offense better? If Bo Jackson, Walter Payton, and Barry Sanders couldn´t lift their offenses how can it be said about Lynch who was running for exactly 4.0 per carry in Buffalo. A losing team with him and without him... See also (2)
So yes, Seattle would have been as good as they were, no matter which NFL caliber RB works behind the line (which is your usual 200+ pound interchangebale meatball that runs a 4.something at the combine)
4- see (2,3) :D

on3m@n@rmy said:
leftover pie said:
on3m@n@rmy said:
Thanks, but I don't get out enough to know, what the heck's a 5.000?

5,000th post !

Oh my. I'm no Capt. Obvious, but at times like that I'm Captain Oblivious.

LOLZ. :)

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
(3) Sorry for spoiling the party ;) : RBs have no impact on bettering a offense team efficiency, unless they are above average blockers*...
Interestingly enough, Lynch is considered one of the best pass blocking RBs in the NFL. And as you know, Walter Payton was maybe the best ever at it.

As I've alluded to in the past, I think the big mistake people make with RBs is look at yards, and highlight reels, and evaluate from there. While there are phenoms like Barry Sanders, when evaluating an RB the best are the ones who can run inside and out, cut and be tough, receive the ball out of the backfield or in motion (or even from the slot) and yes, pass protect. When you look back on Payton's career, that's what he did, and why he was the best (and he actually threw the ball surprisingly well on a few passes, plus ran back some kicks).

You are also correct on passing attacks. Take a look at last year's SB. Seattle was the best in the NFL at stopping the short passing game on defense. But that was New England's strength. What did NE do? Change their gameplan? No. They stuck to their game, and tried and tried and tried. It took a while, but in the end, they won the game.

As to Murray and the Eagles, the "good" news is that the team is overloaded at that position, so he won't be carrying the ball as much as last year. Philly is going to be an interesting team. If they somehow come together, they could make a run. But I just as easily see Bradford getting hurt, or just not playing well (or Mark Sanchez playing worse), and the team finishing in last place.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Yes maybe, who knows... But the little SEA is passing I could not evaluate if Lynch is one of the best blockers in the game. And even if, is he on a Bo Jackson, Barry Sanders, Gale Sayers, or Walter Payton RB level? Not in this universe, and not in the parallel ones... And even these all time greats couldn´t lift their teams offense efficiency to more than above average.

Can´t stop a perfect pass (with the foundation being pass-protection*). That is the NFL. Latest since Unitas hit the scence (but more likely with Sid Luckmans arrival), with a little bump in the road (early 70s)...

So, Romo could have a great season, if Garrett had the balls to let him unleash. But he most likely won´t. Still I don´t see Romo losing any efficiency in his passing game, no matter who is in the backfield...

With Philly I stand by my lone pre season prediction. Between 0 and 5 wins > Kelly fired/re-signing after season > Kelly heading back to colloge where he can play his funny games which won´t work in the NFL.

(* As one scout said early 90s, and ever since sticked to me: Every NFL QB can pick any NFL defense apart if given enough time to throw. I would disagree just a little, since many teams carry butter arms as back ups (or even starters) which is beyond me. And those QBs just dont have it to pick every NFL D apart (the McNowns, Fryes, etc, of this world)...)

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

bikinggirl said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
bikinggirl said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
but the game's a bit weird

That is the fun of it. Really takes some time, but once into it it´s addictive like true US football (unlike the pussy version of soccer or the crawling backwards "action" of Rugby ;) ).
The missing of the forward pass is more than equaled with non-stop play, and awesome kicks.
Tackles, speed, skill? Same level. Hallelujah!
What I really like about football is the short season, the dumbest sport on the planet.

You may got that wrong girl. This is the NFL thread, not the soccer one (which some people call football too); this thread, where people discuss matters of 22 people chase a ball to score one or two lucky goals, is somewhere else...
I didn't pick the wrong thread this is exactly what it is, American football the dumbest sport on the planet, got it. Look at these sissyes they all look like they just arrived on a motorbike, they run 10 yards and loose their breath. They are all overrated and overpaid. 8 home games a season? I like that.
Feed the troll.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Re:

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Who is trolling? I was making a sarcastic post to counter a dumb post...

If you didnt spot it, dont call me troll...
you can't see that this poster was trolling y'all? I was not saying they were feeding you. Obvious this person came in to get everyone to pile on the post. Because everyone who posts in this tread are football fans in some sense. But to come here and say it is a dumb sport and that they are sissies or whatever is just a troll in my opinion maybe I'm wrong?

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Oh, then we both got it wrong. I thought you mean my answer was trolling.
Yes ofc I was thinking she is trolling to some extend... But had looked forward a nice discussion, she explaing me what´s "dumb" about the sport. She´d have had a hard time.
Unfortunately she´s been banned.

Re:

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
...Bo Jackson, Barry Sanders, Gale Sayers, or Walter Payton RB level? Not in this universe, and not in the parallel ones... And even these all time greats couldn´t lift their teams offense efficiency to more than above average.
But you could say this about any individual player, couldn't you? Even the QB? I'm thinking back, and maybe the only QB I remember was when Montana went to the Chiefs in 1993, the team also picked up Marcus Allen though (maybe he lifted the team?!). But they were okay before him, he just gave them two great playoff wins. This all just shows what a team sport football is. The Hershal Walker trade being maybe the best example ever.

Can´t stop a perfect pass (with the foundation being pass-protection*). That is the NFL. Latest since Unitas..
I remember back in 1983 the talk about Marino and the perfect pass being a reason no one, including an excellent 49er secondary, could stop him. Maybe they didn't stop him, but they did slow him down enough. And the rest of the planet forgot about Montana being pretty good too. And don't get me wrong, SB win or not, Marino is one of the best QBs ever.
So, Romo could have a great season, if Garrett had the balls to let him unleash.
My concern about Romo is two-fold. One, is injuries. He's had some rather nasty ones and toughed them out. Can he stay healthy as he ages? The other is previous to 2014 he had some serious meltdown games where he tried to do too much, and took too high of risks and lost games. Were they statical anomalies? I don't know. maybe. Maybe he learned from them. But if you look at his overall ability, and career, he's definitely a top 10 NFL quarterback. He has a nice throw, and extends plays as good as any other QB in the league.

With Philly I stand by my lone pre-season prediction. Between 0 and 5 wins > Kelly fired/re-signing after season > Kelly heading back to college where he can play his funny games which won´t work in the NFL.
I still love it! Though you were also the guy who said Andrew Luck would bust. ;)

Beyond the trick play gimmicks, which never lasts long or has much impact in the NFL, my big concern though with the Eagles is I'm not sure who are they going to throw the ball to? And which QB will do it? Does anyone see Sam Bradford ripping through defenses throwing balls to...Jordan Matthews or Miles Austin? What about Mark Sanchez doing it? If their OL stays healthy it will help, but they were banged up last year (ask Nick Foles). Maybe if they stay healthy, given enough time Bradford will pick apart defenses??! But Sam has never impressed me with arm strength at all (either has Sanchez, really. But Mark is also an int machine, on par with Eli). Will a healthy Bradford have a stronger arm? I'm also concerned about the Eagles DL and defense overall. But the big concern is a passing game, even if Bradford is healthy. In a passing league, this does indeed look like they could finish with 5 wins. But who knows, they do have talent at other positions.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site

Alpe d'Huez said:
But you could say this about any individual player, couldn't you? Even the QB?

Yes sure. And I did many times...
The difference just is that the passing game has more influence. The right combo at the right time (OL sync, good Receivers, good QB) > wins...
Running game: OL sync = passing works, and running game as nice by-product works too...
Look at Edgerin James, his stats in Indy and Arz. Day/night difference, but same player. No OL > no "star" RB... And that makes Warner even greater than he is. A crap OL that couldnt plug holes for the "star" RB, and this QB still carries the team to the SB (as Leinart said: "He alone"). I am still amazed...

Alpe d'Huez said:
Hershal Walker trade being maybe the best example ever.

Yep. Another one. There are so many I even forgot to mention him. Or how about Eric Dickerson... Its endless.

Alpe d'Huez said:
I remember back in 1983 the talk about Marino and the perfect pass being a reason no one, including an excellent 49er secondary, could stop him. Maybe they didn't stop him, but they did slow him down enough. And the rest of the planet forgot about Montana being pretty good too. And don't get me wrong, SB win or not, Marino is one of the best QBs ever.

Marino. Yeah, we talked a lot about him. Fully agree. The 49ers may have been the only team in 1984 disrupting his quick release passing attack (btw, the all time great 46-Bears D could not do it in 1985).
You need to pressure or at least disturb the rhytm of the QB. Then you have a chance. Or a world beating CB.
Just remember the CB talking about Bruce 75 yard TD. "He cut once, twice, three times, the fourth time I couldn´t cover him anymore" > give the QB enough time to throw to the Rices and Bruces of this world, and you are doomed.

Alpe d'Huez said:
My concern about Romo is two-fold. One, is injuries. He's had some rather nasty ones and toughed them out. Can he stay healthy as he ages? The other is previous to 2014 he had some serious meltdown games where he tried to do too much, and took too high of risks and lost games. Were they statical anomalies? I don't know. maybe. Maybe he learned from them. But if you look at his overall ability, and career, he's definitely a top 10 NFL quarterback. He has a nice throw, and extends plays as good as any other QB in the league.

Injuries are always in sight. But that one is impossible to predict. Some got lucky on one end of the scale (Parilli, Kevin Greene), others unlucky on the other end (Curt Marsh, Jim Otto)...
As we discussed before, Ints regress to the mean (happened to Brock Huard and Co. on one end of the scale, will happen to Eli on the other end > thus expect another one of his usual 20 Ints seasons :D ). So, as you said, it may have very well been a statistical anomalie.
Otoh, if we look at a big sample sizes like passes thrown with a high career Y/PP, Romo is to be expected to shine again... Too bad people only remember his 4 or 5 meltdowns. Heck, Nervous Playoff Manning has them by dozens (in the playoffs alone its a dozen, at the worst possible times).
So yes, Romo is a good QB...

Alpe d'Huez said:
I still love it! Though you were also the guy who said Andrew Luck would bust. ;)

Yes true. Still waiting for it to happen. ;)
But I guess you´d admit my predictions normally are right (RG3, PM, Glennon, Peterson, Ray Rice, etc)...

Alpe d'Huez said:
Will a healthy Bradford have a stronger arm?

No... unless he grows a new one during the next few months. ;)

Alpe d'Huez said:
In a passing league, this does indeed look like they could finish with 5 wins. But who knows, they do have talent at other positions.

Especially at the RB position. Fully loaded. LOL... Kelly, what to say more? A joke.

jmdirt said:
If the Lions start Kellen Moore, they would be better. If they made him the OC they would be better.

I think he means the Lions are going to stink. They got rid of their two best defensive linemen, and had what was considered one of the worst drafts.

Here's an optimists view of how Sam Bradford will thrive in Philadelphia. I'm sure if someone wanted, they could create a page showing the opposite.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/Eagle-Eye-Why-Sam-Bradford-Will-Thrive/53ab5112-b677-48db-9cae-f972f4ff2ec2

Found another link that said Bradford has twice the arm strength of Nick Foles. Really? Foles came out of college with one of the strongest arms in the draft. I think he was throwing close to 60mph, which is at the elite end. Now, there is more to arm strength than just pure speed, but it's at least a number we can use as a gauge. Bradford does make a nice throw in that video above, but coming out of college he was injured and skipped both the combine and had no pro day, so no measurement of speed was ever taken. But I'd be surprised if it's faster than that. Of course, "twice as strong" would mean 120mph. Even "cannon arm" QBs from the past like Elway, Russell, Boller, or Druckemiller weren't much above 60 would be my guess.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/05/what_i_like_and_dont_like_about_sam_bradford_as_th.html

This link says despite a few throws, he doesn't have much of an arm to throw deep.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/3/18/8235173/eagles-contend-championship-sam-bradford-super-bowl-rams

I guess we'll soon find out. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site

Alpe d'Huez said:
I think he means the Lions are going to stink. They got rid of their two best defensive linemen, and had what was considered one of the worst drafts.

No, no, I think he meant if RBs are interchangeable, why not QBs? Why not change Stafford with kind of Moore guys, and then expect a change to the even better? ... Well, I think my posts explained it to 90%. For the rest 10% of uncertainty; I am open for new ideas. Not that I assume that there are much. :D But who knows? May Bo knows? :) ...
History tells us what we evaluated trou 5.000 posts of deep football knowledge; RBs just dont matter, but QBs do, if given a in-sync-OL, and good Receivers.

Alpe d'Huez said:
Here's an optimists view of how Sam Bradford will thrive in Philadelphia.

Yes, sure. And I will find at least ten people who still think the earth is flat. ;)

Alpe d'Huez said:
Found another link that said Bradford has twice the arm strength of Nick Foles.

Just LOLZ. What can I say more?

Alpe d'Huez said:
Now, there is more to arm strength than just pure speed

Ball speed > arm strength. If you hit 60 mph, you are NFL caliber... I guess MI could give more inside views of air resistance, trajectory, (ball) travel distance, and what the heck else. I am not being sarcastic here. Just saying I understand the basics of physique, but not the nuances.

Alpe d'Huez said:

Who considered it a bad draft? I think most Lions fans are very happy. And as a Lions fan I'm not worried about them stinking. Suh was good, while Fairley only played half the season.

PS. Kellen Moore is a special QB. I think the Lions are going 4-0. ;)

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Alpe d'Huez said:

No, no, I think he meant if RBs are interchangeable, why not QBs? Why not change Stafford with kind of Moore guys, and then expect a change to the even better? ... Well, I think my posts explained it to 90%. For the rest 10% of uncertainty; I am open for new ideas. Not that I assume that there are much. :D But who knows? May Bo knows? :) ...
History tells us what we evaluated trou 5.000 posts of deep football knowledge; RBs just dont matter, but QBs do, if given a in-sync-OL, and good Receivers.

Alpe d'Huez said:
Here's an optimists view of how Sam Bradford will thrive in Philadelphia.

Yes, sure. And I will find at least ten people who still think the earth is flat. ;)

Alpe d'Huez said:
Found another link that said Bradford has twice the arm strength of Nick Foles.

Just LOLZ. What can I say more?

Alpe d'Huez said:
Now, there is more to arm strength than just pure speed

Ball speed > arm strength. If you hit 60 mph, you are NFL caliber... I guess MI could give more inside views of air resistance, trajectory, (ball) travel distance, and what the heck else. I am not being sarcastic here. Just saying I understand the basics of physique, but not the nuances.

I think that I meant that K. Moore is the best QB on that roster, and understands offense better than anyone in that organization.

EDIT: QBs are interchangable, just ask Denver! :D

ToreBear said:
jmdirt said:
If the Lions start Kellen Moore, they would be better. If they made him the OC they would be better.

Patience grasshopper, patience. The world is not yet ready....

But in a few weeks they will begin to open their eyes. Meanwhile here is a little video with #17 slaughtering buffalo.
https://youtu.be/uwmgOm78XMA?t=5m40s

When signed as an UFA you knew Kellen Moore was not ready. He could barely outrun my grandmother. But I have not seen him play since joining the Lions. But he is a smart QB with pretty good accuracy. I HOPE he does well, b/c he's a local product.

Lots to be intrigued about this coming season:
Bills: pretty good defense
Jets: better yet defense
Browns: really itching to see DT Danny Shelton wreak havoc. Does the silence concerning Manziel mean he's learned from mistakes and will make a turnaround?
Rams: scary defense (I like defense), but will Foles and offense make them contenders? Not great OLine.
Eagles: how these 2 new RBs work out (in the wing-T ;) ), and does Chip Kelly belly flop?
Cards: scary team if QB stays healthy.
Cowboys: DeMarco who? With that OLine, who cares? Watch for double tight end sets utilizing extra tackles. There can't be a better situation for Romo.
Colts: Can't wait to see what impact if any Gore has for them.
The QB sagas: there used to be all that talk about Luck vs RG3 vs Kaep vs Wilson. Now we have Winston vs Mariota to fuel the conversations.
...just for starters.
SEA: has a number of middle to lower round draft picks from this and last year that might make an impact. Not to mention the ex-CFL WR. The biggest question will be how the bad taste from the SB fuels this season for them.

And for now we can still talk about RG3. Some think he's done in WASH. Maybe done in the NFL. Others think he just needs another chance outside of WASH. I think there's just too much speculation going on there. But here a couple links to reports on that subject.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ous-coach-says-rgiii-is-done-in-espn-qb-poll/
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/p...t-griffin-iii-might-be-done-in-washington-but

TRENDING THREADS