• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 263 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Regarding the CBA & goodell's power, @RealMikeRob also had this to say about that:
Also..wanna limit Goodell's power...players will have to give owners more $ in next CBA! Wanna keep the money? Goodell's power won't change
Robinson is probably right, unfortunately. And they would have hard time putting that disciplinary decision making process by some new committee under Goodell, cuz Goodell would just manipulate the committee members, who'd be like his little puppets. Or they can't put that process under the owners cuz of conflict of interests. It won't be an easy solution.

All I can say is NFL has some weird things going on, between this and the Bradford situation.

Q: What recourse do Brady and the NFL Players Association have?

A: Brady, the NFLPA and his lawyers have two options for appeal. Although the dissent Monday by Katzmann gives Brady some support for these appeals, neither is likely to succeed.

The first avenue of appeal would be a request for a rehearing in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit before a much larger panel of the circuit's 22 judges. It is known as an en banc hearing. Jeffrey Kessler, Brady's top lawyer, is likely to ask for this. Four judges have now considered and made decisions on the Brady case. They include Berman, the two judges in the majority on Monday (Barrington D. Parker and Denny Chin), and Katzmann. The total score is now 2-2, a result that could push Brady to ask for an en banc hearing. In addition, Katzmann, the dissenting judge, is the chief judge of the court and could easily find other judges on the court who would agree to the reconsideration. But it should be noted that in a similar situation, Ed O'Bannon, the former UCLA basketball star who sued the NCAA, relied on a dissent by a chief judge in the Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit in his request for an en banc hearing and was unsuccessful.

The other possible appeal is an appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court. Brady would join hundreds of litigants who want the high court to consider their cases. The court accepts only 60 to 65 cases per year, and Brady's case is not likely to be one of them. The rule of law that protects arbitration decisions from review in the federal courts is a fundamental and widely accepted rule of law. It is unlikely that Brady could persuade the required four of the current eight justices of the court to consider his situation.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/15355424/new-england-patriots-quarterback-tom-brady-never-had-chance-deflategate-case-says-lester-munson

Maybe Brady should wait until after the election. If his pal Trump wins, maybe the Donald will appoint a justice sympathetic to Brady's case. Or what if Obama's choice for the SC--the guy the Republicans refuse to even give a hearing to--announced that he would favor taking Brady's case. Republican Senators would really hear it from Patriot fans.

Seriously, it's probably over. Brady could have taken a shorter suspension, one or two games, wouldn't do it, and now it appears that he pays the price for that. But there are a couple of consolations for him: 1) he negotiated his salary way down from last year. This was to free cap space, but it means that he loses I think less than $250,000 in a four game suspension; 2) Brady has to be near the end of his career. The four games he misses this year may well be less productive than four games he would have missed last year. Imagine if Manning had been suspended for four games last year. The Broncos would have actually benefited from that.

I tend to agree there about the suspension not hurting him. But also on the chances of an appeal, simply because of the wording in the CBA gives Goodell absolute power over such things. I don't know what tact he would take, something along right to work labor laws (not to be confused with "Right to Work" laws, like Wisconsin just enacted, which historically strip away workers rights, despite the title), but that's maybe it. Don't like the way King Roger rules? Kiss the ring and stay on his good side.

As to Sam Bradford, I have to call him out as a whiner here. There's no doubt he's not going to be on the team after this season and will be free to sign a big contract elsewhere. The Eagles rebuilding may start now, but the worst of it is likely to be in 2017. And, he's making a heap of money.

The Oakland Raiders are about to sell out all season tickets for the first time ever. Good things are coming, and it makes it easier to see why the NFL wants them to stay there.

JaMarcus Russell was mentioned the other day here. Well, he's now saying he's fit, and wants back in the NFL again, and will play a year for free, even on a practice squad. Seems pretty humble:

"I know that my name does not carry much weight in the NFL right now, but I am more than the image that others have bestowed on me. I've been labeled as a bust, I have been labeled as lazy and I have been the targets of many insults by the media. The blame for any negative press that I've received rested squarely on my shoulders. ... My tribulations have humbled me. I am a better man because of my struggles, and I simply desire an opportunity redeem myself."

One of the biggest problems is that no matter when he tried to play, for LSU, Oakland, or two years ago during his re-training, he just couldn't throw with enough accuracy. Has that changed? Here's the hard truth from me though, I'd invite him to camp before Johnny Manziel.

Re:

Alpe d'Huez said:
I tend to agree there about the suspension not hurting him. But also on the chances of an appeal, simply because of the wording in the CBA gives Goodell absolute power over such things. I don't know what tact he would take, something along right to work labor laws (not to be confused with "Right to Work" laws, like Wisconsin just enacted, which historically strip away workers rights, despite the title), but that's maybe it. Don't like the way King Roger rules? Kiss the ring and stay on his good side.

As to Sam Bradford, I have to call him out as a whiner here. There's no doubt he's not going to be on the team after this season and will be free to sign a big contract elsewhere. The Eagles rebuilding may start now, but the worst of it is likely to be in 2017. And, he's making a heap of money.

The Oakland Raiders are about to sell out all season tickets for the first time ever. Good things are coming, and it makes it easier to see why the NFL wants them to stay there.

JaMarcus Russell was mentioned the other day here. Well, he's now saying he's fit, and wants back in the NFL again, and will play a year for free, even on a practice squad. Seems pretty humble:

"I know that my name does not carry much weight in the NFL right now, but I am more than the image that others have bestowed on me. I've been labeled as a bust, I have been labeled as lazy and I have been the targets of many insults by the media. The blame for any negative press that I've received rested squarely on my shoulders. ... My tribulations have humbled me. I am a better man because of my struggles, and I simply desire an opportunity redeem myself."

One of the biggest problems is that no matter when he tried to play, for LSU, Oakland, or two years ago during his re-training, he just couldn't throw with enough accuracy. Has that changed? Here's the hard truth from me though, I'd invite him to camp before Johnny Manziel.
RE: Russell: If he would really play on a practice squad, NFC South teams should bring him in (even if his accuracy hasn't improved).

Thanks for posting all that Merckxi, Alpe & JDirt. Lots to digest here. It's like drinking from a fire hydrant - it'll rip your lips off. And the draft has not even started.

Re: on Brady recourse. While he could try testing his 2 legal options ending with Supreme Court, I hope he doesn't. And I'm not saying he's guilty or not. It's just that a case over NFL game ball pressure has no place going to the Supreme Court IMO. Going to the Supreme Court over this just does not feel right.

However, it is being reported on Bleacher Report NFL Rumors that 2 owners have come forward now saying the 4 game Brady suspension is too severe for the level of the offense compared to other offenses, and the suspension should be reduced to one or two games. Any bets Robert Kraft is one of them? But at least there are two. And it is also reported that those two owners have the verbal backing of two more owners.

It may not be so difficult as I originally posted for Goodell and the owners to come together and resolve this deflategate issue and any others. It all depends on #2) the owners kissing the ring (loved that image you gave Alpe) and acknowledging the King while pleading/ begging Roger to consider a reduced suspension, and then #1) Roger actually listening and agreeing to do so. Roger has already won the muscle flexing contest, and everyone knows now the CBA gives him ultimate power. So Goodell has nothing more to gain, except to put off a coming CBA war. IF the owners humbly approach him with this request for a suspension reduction AND IF he is willing to listen, then there could be a settlement that can end the deflategate battle, and as a result put off eventual war over the CBA language that gives Roger this power. That outcome would be a win-win for both sides; Roger remains King and players will not lose money by reworking CBA language to restructure Roger's power.

Great, right? IF this deflategate case is resolved that way (kissing, begging, petitioning, & listening; or more simply put, Roger gets owners buy-in by vote), this only sets a president for future issues. It does not put it in writing as a process to be followed. So the question becomes, can the NFLPA trust Roger to act in good faith in the future? Who knows? But I don't see how such a process could hurt Roger's position. But then I am not Roger.

Re: JaMarcus Russell, those are nice words to hear, and I believe he is a good guy unlike Manziel. But is he a good teammate? One criteria for being a good teammate is putting in the work and not being lazy. While the words are nice, if I'm evaluating a player I prefer going by the saying "What you do speaks so loudly I don't need to hear what you say" - Chuck Knox. That said, sure, bring him in for a look and see what he acts like. Does he always show up early? Does he leave late? Is he always mentally engaged? Then he has to take care of his body to be able to do all of that. But the minute he starts slipping back into other habits (maybe old habits) I'd cut ties with him.

Anyone who says he's willing to play on the practice squad for free, I'd at least give a look. But being on the practice squad is more than just practicing. You're essentially the teams 3rd string QB, but can't suit up for games. Some players view this as a learning opportunity, are total team players, and end up playing okay when they do play (Dennis Dixon comes to mind, guy ended up with 2 SB rings in the process, after spending over half his career on practice squads).

The lawman came down on Johnny Football, indicting him for abusing his ex-girlfriend. He's said to plead not-guilty. Does anyone care about this clown?

There's talk the Saints want to move up from 12 in the draft to get Paxton Lynch. If you ask me, Lynch has no business going that high to begin with. I didn't follow his college career, but from what I've seen in quite a few clips and analysis now, he has a long way to go. And I don't mean a year watching Drew Brees play. It's going to take much more than that. He's such an risk, I can't believe they're considering it. He has more work to do and more to learn than Connor Cook, though Cook may be more of a problem child. But does anyone really see the Cowboys (4), 49ers (7), or Browns (8) taking Lynch that high? In a draft loaded with defensive players with high potential?

One of the knocks against Trent Richardson last year in the preseason for Oakland is he wasn't in shape. Well, he's showed up to the Ravens early camp having lost maybe 20 pounds and looks completely ripped on the photo on the team's site. He seems to know that he's way under-performed, and this may be his last chance to make it.

Goodell says he's pleased with the latest ruling, but to be honest, I'm so done with Deflategate.

Re:

Alpe d'Huez said:
There's talk the Saints want to move up from 12 in the draft to get Paxton Lynch. If you ask me, Lynch has no business going that high to begin with. I didn't follow his college career, but from what I've seen in quite a few clips and analysis now, he has a long way to go. And I don't mean a year watching Drew Brees play. It's going to take much more than that. He's such an risk, I can't believe they're considering it. He has more work to do and more to learn than Connor Cook, though Cook may be more of a problem child. But does anyone really see the Cowboys (4), 49ers (7), or Browns (8) taking Lynch that high? In a draft loaded with defensive players with high potential?

Goodell says he's pleased with the latest ruling, but to be honest, I'm so done with Deflategate.
I just heard Gil Brandt on NFL Radio say that last night he spoke to one of the decision makers of the Saints draft team, who told Gil that they have plans to grab a QB possibly sometime during the draft, but not at the #12 slot in the first round. Gil speculated that the rumblings about the Saints taking Paxton at #12 overall is likely a rumor planted by Paxton's agent, and has no real substance. But you know, pre-draft posturing is what it is. Taken for a grain of salt sometimes. Who knows? Maybe the Saints planted a false thought in Gil's head.

I'm going to hold you to that Deflategate promise. ;)

ESPN is losing Skip Bayless (http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/04/skip-bayless-leaving-espn-first-take-stephen-a-smith). The dude was born in 1951, making him 65 this year. So, congrats to him on his retirement. But in good fun, here are some of the craziest things he has ever tweeted (@RealSkipBayless). Of course he was paid to make bold statements. While this is MMQBing him, these are still funny:

The Houston Texans will forever regret it if they do not take Johnny Manziel with the No. 1 overall pick. He will haunt them. - 5:00 PM - 8 May 2014

Browns just stole a starting QB: Brandon Weeden. Much better than Tannehill. Will soon beat out Colt, have 6-7 good yrs. TRich AND Weeden! - 7:16 PM - 26 Apr 2012

Long term give me Josh Freeman over Cam. Better leader, more consistent passer, more clutch, more poised under fire, more careful with ball. - 10:25 AM - 16 Nov 2012

I KNOW what Tebow can do in the NFL. I've seen it over/over/over. I'm not sure what Andrew Luck can do or if he has Tebow's It Factor. - 11:03 AM - 27 Jan 2012

I'll say it AGAIN: Give me RG3 over Luck - any day, any night, any year, any career. - 5:02 PM - 14 Oct 2012

Manti Te'o: the next Ray Lewis. - 5:52 PM - 8 Dec 2012

You'd better believe I'm taking Tebow over ARodg in last 2 mins. I've SEEN Tebow do it again/again/again. ARodg hasn't had many chances. - 10:19 AM - 25 Nov 2011

While it would be extremely expensive and time consuming, I'd love to see Tom Brady fight this all the way to the Supreme Court. - 10:14 AM - 25 Apr 2016
The above compliments of: http://dailysnark.com/ten-dumbest-skip-bayless-tweets-time/

Ok, I give on the RG3/Luck tweet. RG3 still has a chance to rise.

ESPN is losing Skip Bayless (http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/04/skip-bayless-leaving-espn-first-take-stephen-a-smith). The dude was born in 1951, making him 65 this year. So, congrats to him on his retirement. But in good fun, here are some of the craziest things he has ever tweeted (@RealSkipBayless). Of course he was paid to make bold statements. While this is MMQBing him, these are still funny:

The Houston Texans will forever regret it if they do not take Johnny Manziel with the No. 1 overall pick. He will haunt them. - 5:00 PM - 8 May 2014

Browns just stole a starting QB: Brandon Weeden. Much better than Tannehill. Will soon beat out Colt, have 6-7 good yrs. TRich AND Weeden! - 7:16 PM - 26 Apr 2012

Long term give me Josh Freeman over Cam. Better leader, more consistent passer, more clutch, more poised under fire, more careful with ball. - 10:25 AM - 16 Nov 2012

I KNOW what Tebow can do in the NFL. I've seen it over/over/over. I'm not sure what Andrew Luck can do or if he has Tebow's It Factor. - 11:03 AM - 27 Jan 2012

I'll say it AGAIN: Give me RG3 over Luck - any day, any night, any year, any career. - 5:02 PM - 14 Oct 2012

You'd better believe I'm taking Tebow over ARodg in last 2 mins. I've SEEN Tebow do it again/again/again. ARodg hasn't had many chances. - 10:19 AM - 25 Nov 2011

While it would be extremely expensive and time consuming, I'd love to see Tom Brady fight this all the way to the Supreme Court. - 10:14 AM - 25 Apr 2016
The above compliments of: http://dailysnark.com/ten-dumbest-skip-bayless-tweets-time/

Right up there with Mel Kiper's analysis on the Seahawks 2012 draft, you know, the year they picked up Bruce Irvin, Bobby Wagner, Russell Wilson, Robert Turbin, Jaye Howard, Korey Toomer, Jeremy Lane, Winston Guy, J.R. Sweezy, and Greg Scruggs.

Kiper Jr. gave the Seahawks an overall grade of C-minus for this draft, and a D-minus for player value attained, worst in the league.

Irvin was perhaps taken a bit high, and Wilson panned out better than almost anyone expected. But all of those players contributed at least a little, and some of them big time, Wilson, Wagner, Turbin, Lane, Irvin and Sweezy especially. Guy didn't play much because their defensive backfield was already loaded with talent, he went to Jax, and now Indy. Scruggs spent a lot of time on IR before heading to Chicago after his second season where's played okay. That's an enormous amount of overall positive production out of a draft.

If I were to regrade that draft, I'd give Seattle an A+.

on3m@n@rmy said:

First take will never be the same. Stephen A and Skip were perfect together :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqIrm4H9-7I

Billie said:
Ssssssweet video. And agreed on your First Take take. I loved first take, even tho one or both of them would drive me nuts with some of the stuff they'd say. Skip drove me that way far more often.

So, any suggested replacements for Skip Bayless on First Take? How about Colin Cowherd? Oops, there's his remark about mental capacities of a certain ethnic group. Well, someone has given it some thought here:
http://sportsradiopd.com/2016/04/who-will-replace-skip-bayless-on-first-take/.
Or how about Jim Rome (currently with CBS Sports Radio), who has the knack for bold takes, but who also does serious interviews with a variety of sports personalities? My guess is Rome is probably happy where he's at.

on3m@n@rmy said:
Billie said:
Ssssssweet video. And agreed on your First Take take. I loved first take, even tho one or both of them would drive me nuts with some of the stuff they'd say. Skip drove me that way far more often.

So, any suggested replacements for Skip Bayless on First Take?

PFTCommenter :D

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
on3m@n@rmy said:

...ain't sports "journalism" grand !....

Cheers

Well, we're through round 1 and underway. Here are some quick thoughts:

1. Goff - No surprise, though Rams likely traded too much to get him.
2. Wentz - No surprise, though Eagles traded way too much to get him.
3. Joe Bosa - Solid pick.
4. Eliot - Taken too high by Cowboys, IMO. Much too high.
5. Ramsey - Steal! Jax must have been doing backflips when Dallas took Elliott.
6. Stanley to the Ravens -Solid pick.
7. DeForest from (surprise) Oregon to 49ers. But NFL ranked him higher than Bosa.
8. Conklin to Titans (from Browns). A bit of a surprise they traded up and didn't take Gasman Tunsil.
9. Floyd to Chicago. Talented guy, undersized though, maybe a bit high.
10. Eli Apple to the Giants - Say what?
11. Hargreaves - Bucs must have all but fainted when NYG didn't take him.

13. Tunsil to MIA - The gasmask bong caused a near freefall for a guy who could have easily gone 3rd.
14. Karl Joseph to Raiders - A solid pick, the best true safety in the draft.
26. Lynch to Denver, who traded up to get him. Wow. But they need a QB to groom.
27. Clark to Packers. With four WRs off the board, GB went to the trench with a big DT.
30. Robert Nkemdiche - Arizona needed DL help, and gets it.
32. Germain Ifedi - I don't know much about him, but Seattle needs OL help.

First up in this second round is Cleveland. With all night to think about it. The big thing is that there are still a LOT of good defensive players left on the board.

Myles Jack, UCLA OLB who may have a bad knee, but a heap of talent.
A'Shawn Robinson - Monster DT/NG from Alabama
Mackensie Alexander outstanding CB from Clemson
Reggie Ragland, big, strong MLB from Alabama
Jarran Reed - The other big DT from Alabama
Jaylon Smith, LB from Notre Dame with a lot of talent.
Noah Spence, DE from E. Kentucky. Past drug issues seems to haunt him, but NFL talent for sure.

A lot of focus on character, health and attitude so far from teams. If Tunsil and Jack have fallen as far as they have, my hunch tells me Cook may fall to the third round.

Re:

Great summary there Alpe. First off, I really felt sorry for Miles Jack, with his freefall all because of injury.
Alpe d'Huez said:
Well, we're through round 1 and underway. Here are some quick thoughts:

1. Goff - No surprise, though Rams likely traded too much to get him.
2. Wentz - No surprise, though Eagles traded way too much to get him.
Agree on first two picks. And it is going to be turmoil in Philly.

Alpe d'Huez said:
3. Joe Bosa - Solid pick.
Agree on Bosa at #3. My only comment on Bosa is but Jalen Ramsey would have been a better value pick for #3 overall, especially for SD. Bosa is good mainly as a 4-3 DE, not a 3-4 DE, which is what SD uses. So does SD adjust out of their base 3-4, go to a 4-3 just to help Bosa fit? Or does SD use him as a 3-4 OLB? My guess is the latter; Bosa will not have his hand in the dirt as much, he will be standing up. I don't think he was used much like that at OSU. So, we'll see. That will be one of those interesting player development things to watch. But to do that at the #3 overall? That's why i saw Ramsey as a better pick for SD.

Alpe d'Huez said:
4. Eliot - Taken too high by Cowboys, IMO. Much too high.
Absolutely agree. And Elliot was not even a pre-draft top-10 overall on the big board. He's like a #11 big board guy. So why pick him #4 overall? Reach. This pick again shows the pecking order in Dallas, because before the draft last week or so, JJones was saying how nice it would be to draft Ellliot. And this is why Jason Garrett is still the HC in big D; he is willing to be the puppet who does not contest the boss. But this does not mean Elliot fails to work in Dallas. With that OL and Romo I think the Dallas offense will be fine. However, I also think it would have been fine to pick up a featured RB later but use the #4 overall on a LEGIT #4 overall like Jalen Ramsey, who went to JAX at #5.

Alpe d'Huez said:
5. Ramsey - Steal! Jax must have been doing backflips when Dallas took Elliott.
...and when SD took Bosa.

Alpe d'Huez said:
6. Stanley to the Ravens -Solid pick.
7. DeForest from (surprise) Oregon to 49ers. But NFL ranked him higher than Bosa.
8. Conklin to Titans (from Browns). A bit of a surprise they traded up and didn't take Gasman Tunsil.
9. Floyd to Chicago. Talented guy, undersized though, maybe a bit high.
10. Eli Apple to the Giants - Say what?
11. Hargreaves - Bucs must have all but fainted when NYG didn't take him.

13. Tunsil to MIA - The gasmask bong caused a near freefall for a guy who could have easily gone 3rd.
14. Karl Joseph to Raiders - A solid pick.
Agree on all that.

RE: Eli Apple to NYG, Apple was not the highest rated CB still on the board at this draft position. Hargreaves (CB) taken by Bucs at #11 is higher rated CB and is more athletic. But Hargreaves stands 5'10", and Apple is 6'1". Apple is average athlete. Giants must have been going for length.

Just to fill it in: 12. Sheldon Rankins (DT) to Saints. Not a reach. At #12, he went about where he was expected to go, and should have gone.

RE: GasMask Tunsil to the Fins; how dumb can a player get (oh wait, there's Johnny), unless he wanted a sure fire way out of SD? But this is a great pick for MIA. He is not as polished in technique as Stanley, but a lot of this OL group have technique issues (e.g. SEA pick Ifedi at #31).

Big ramification for Ole Miss HC, who said on radio yesterday he knows Tunsil's mom was paid rent money by the school or boosters? Oh my. Remember Reggie Bush?

RE: Joseph (S) to Raiders; he is listed as SS on some boards, but is the best rated safety in the draft. Raiders don't really need a SS as much as they need a FS, so I'd expect the Raiders to try Joseph at FS.
But in the offseason Raiders on paper have put together one of the better linebacking groups in the NFL, and the DL is solid, so the Joseph pick is filling in the holes nicely. This could help make Raiders one of the better defenses in the NFL.

Alpe d'Huez said:
26. Lynch to Denver, who traded up to get him. Wow.
I call this a shrewd move by Denver, because I see SF sitting there thinking they might nab Lynch, AZ thinking the same to develop Lynch behind Palmer, or KC (with early 2nd round pick) thinking the same to develop Lynch behind Smith for a few years. Denver just ambushed them all.

Alpe d'Huez said:
27. Clark to Packers. With four WRs off the board, GB went to the trench with a big DT.
30. Robert Nkemdiche - Arizona needed DL help, and gets it.
32. Germain Ifedi - I don't know much about him, but Seattle needs OL help.

A lot of focus on character, health and attitude so far from teams. If Tunsil and Jack have fallen as far as they have, my hunch tells me Cook may fall to the third round..
RE: Clark to Packers; Clark not as high rated as Vern Butler (who was still on the board). Clark is more of a 4-3 DT, and Butler is more of a 3-4 DT. Thing is, Packers are more of a 3-4 base defense, right? So, I'm a little confused, but the video of Clark is amazing, so.

RE: Robert Nkemdiche to AZ; Cards took reward over risk, something Dungy would not have done. But no doubt Nkemdiche will make them scary.

RE: Germain Ifedi to SEA; Ifedi is athletic, with quick feet, 7-foot wingspan, and can play both Guard and Tackle. Something SEA lacked with short-armed Sweezy. In video of Ifedi, he lacks pass block technique, especially with footwork; he holds too much; he does not hammer defenders in run blocking like Cable likes, but is very quick off the ball; and he could use better leverage. But all those little things are correctable techniques that OL coach Cable can fix. The only thing Cable requires is effort, and Ifedi said in his pro day workout with Cable, that Cable put him through the most rigorous workout of all the scouts. And about that, Cable said Ifedi was gritty and gave all he had. According the NFL Network draft panel including Mayock, they all say Ifedi has huge ceiling for potential.

Won't be surprised if J'Marcus Webb starts at RT and they put Ifedi in at RG or LG. Gilliam is going to be the SEA starting LT. The problem for Ifedi at RT is tendency to hold. Both RT and LT positions, those players are out there on an island and are going to get caught holding much more readily than Guards. It is just harder to see holding going on with Centers and Guards. So, putting Ifedi at Guard can hide some of that. But with that wingspan SEA is going to be tempted to play him at RT. Versatility to play multiple positions won't hurt.

Don't see the problem with Tunsil. It's stupid from teams to let him drop. Especially the Titans. Would have been the winners of the draft had they done that. Instead of taking Tunsil at one would have him at 8 with a cheaper contract and loads of extra Rams picks. The video (a couple years old already, he never tested postive for marijuana) was posted minutes before the draft, so obvious someone is out to get him. The ig picks of the texts are funny as hell tho, he did nothing wrong but Ole miss will be in some trouble for that.

WInners:
Browns: Coleman is good WR (they need it) and got loads of extra picks (probably getting another first next year for nr 32 today)
Dolphins: top player at 15
Redskins: think Doctson is best receiver in the class, especially over Fuller for who the Texans traded up with Was.
Jags: Ramsey at 5

Losers:
Eagles: doubt Wentz worth it. They have now invested 60 million guaranteed in 3 QB's this offseason
Giants: a guy named Eli to play for the Giants in the big Apple. Atleast the name fits
Redskins

on3m@n@rmy said:

How about Foxxy Brown? He knows the NFL, and if you want controversy, he would make Curt Schilling look like a pussy cat.

How about a conspiracy theory for Tunsil? Someone on the Dolphins hacked his account and leaked the bong picture, because they really wanted him, and knew he'd be long gone before their pick unless something bad about him emerged. When you think about, that would be a great way for teams to get high draft picks at a bargain. With all the research they do into these players, they must dig up a lot of dirt they can use. Most college players probably have smoked pot, and many have probably been paid (not even mentioning the fact that for all the money they bring in, they should be paid).

I guess this means the 49ers will keep Kaepernick. They had two picks in the first round, and didn't use either to get a QB. And Denver took Lynch, so presumably they're no longer interested. Cleveland I imagine will wait till next year with all their high picks. Not sure about the Niners' second pick, though. A 300 lb OL? This is a guy who's going to be lining up every ten seconds without rest in Kelly's system?

Eli Apple, what a perfect name. So now the Giants have E1 and E2.

Merckx index said:
on3m@n@rmy said:

How about Foxxy Brown? He knows the NFL, and if you want controversy, he would make Curt Schilling look like a pussy cat.

How about a conspiracy theory for Tunsil? Someone on the Dolphins hacked his account and leaked the bong picture, because they really wanted him, and knew he'd be long gone before their pick unless something bad about him emerged. When you think about, that would be a great way for teams to get high draft picks at a bargain. With all the research they do into these players, they must dig up a lot of dirt they can use. Most college players probably have smoked pot, and many have probably been paid (not even mentioning the fact that for all the money they bring in, they should be paid).

I guess this means the 49ers will keep Kaepernick. They had two picks in the first round, and didn't use either to get a QB. And Denver took Lynch, so presumably they're no longer interested. Cleveland I imagine will wait till next year with all their high picks. Not sure about the Niners' second pick, though. A 300 lb OL? This is a guy who's going to be lining up every ten seconds without rest in Kelly's system?

Eli Apple, what a perfect name. So now the Giants have E1 and E2.

I still think Kaep will leave the 49ers within the next year. QB injuries through the year and how Gabbert goes in competition with Kaep, all will be revealed and the 49ers may still pick up a late round QB. I guess we will see what the next season brings but Elway has already said he was surprised that Kaep did not take the offer and now the offer has gone with Lynch's signing. He also seemed happy to have Sanchez. With Hackenberg going to the Jets that was Kaep's last possible port of call for this season closed off as the Jets also expect to eventually come to an agreement with Fitzpatrick. There was a lot of talk about Connor Cook and the 49ers but he has slid down the draft list surprisingly as many had him ranked higher than Lynch but once again reported behavior problems in the past and a questionable attitude to being a team player may have cost him.

Kaep could have taken a pay cut a sizeable one and gone to the team that just won the Super Bowl so you wonder how badly he actually wanted to leave. If it was simply just about the money well he could have painted himself into a corner if the 49ers cut him later or he finds like Elway that he was asking for way too much on the current market. He either gets back to something like his old form which not many expect or he leaves in the future for less than Elway was offering him. 49ers say that they have no intention of cutting him at the moment but all of the trade talk came from Kaep himself not the 49ers. He was the one that asked for a release. I think the 49ers would have to be happy with their first round draft picks Buckner and Garnett.

Rounds 2 and 3 showed me two other quick things:

The Raiders are stacking their defense for the future. Taking two defensive linemen, after safety Karl Joseph; Jihad Ward and Shilique Calhoun. Both are pretty high prospects and from all I can read very good picks for the team. I can't say for sure in 2016, but if these guys pan out at all they will be joining Khalil Mack and Bruce Irvin, and eventually Aldon Smith (if he can stay out of trouble) which could be the best pass defense front 7 in the league over the next few years.

Here's the other thing - The Jets took Christian Hackenberg in the 2nd round. He needs work, but may supplant Geno Smith as their backup in the future, and could develop beyond that. I thought the Texans would take him in the 2nd or third round (reuniting him with Bill O'Brien, who coached him best in college). The Patriots, yes Patriots, took QB Jacoby Brissett, and the Browns Cody Kessler, in the third round. I don't know much about these guys, but looking at quick clips and analysis says they are probably back-up QBs to be developed.

In case anyone isn't paying attention, this means Connor Cook has dropped to the 4th round. The Browns have two picks coming up, and are likely to trade out, we'll see. Then we get the Cowboys, Chargers, Jags, Ravens and Chiefs. Three of those teams could use a QB to sit and learn and develop. But is that QB Cook?

TRENDING THREADS