• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 484 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Critical games on this week for playoff spots still up for grabs. Some good match ups on the agenda : Steelers/Colts, the Steelers badly need a win as they seem to have hit the wall but I'm picking the Colts. Picking the Titans to beat the Packers. GB's run defense has been a weakness for a while now and Derrick Henry won't need extra motivation. The Eagles and Cowboys both need wins to stay in contention in the NFC Least while Washington will be hoping to have Smith back at QB against the Panthers but a win for Washington should win them the division and I can't see the Ravens losing to the Giants. The Dolphins and Raiders should be a good game, Saints should beat the Vikings and the Cardinals have to beat the 49ers to stay in contention. 49ers have Kittle back but have lost Mostert and Deebo Samuel again and now have their third string QB on the field with CJ Beathard with Mullens injuring his elbow. A 49ers win would surprise me at this stage and their loss to the Cowboys was ugly.Seattle and the Rams should be a dog fight and maybe the game of the round especially after the Rams horrible loss to the Jets. Still I don't have much confidence in the Rams offense at the moment and I think this time Seattle might get their revenge.

Critical games on this week for playoff spots still up for grabs. Some good match ups on the agenda : Steelers/Colts, the Steelers badly need a win as they seem to have hit the wall but I'm picking the Colts. Picking the Titans to beat the Packers. GB's run defense has been a weakness for a while now and Derrick Henry won't need extra motivation. The Eagles and Cowboys both need wins to stay in contention in the NFC Least while Washington will be hoping to have Smith back at QB against the Panthers but a win for Washington should win them the division and I can't see the Ravens losing to the Giants. The Dolphins and Raiders should be a good game, Saints should beat the Vikings and the Cardinals have to beat the 49ers to stay in contention. 49ers have Kittle back but have lost Mostert and Deebo Samuel again and now have their third string QB on the field with CJ Beathard with Mullens injuring his elbow. A 49ers win would surprise me at this stage and their loss to the Cowboys was ugly.Seattle and the Rams should be a dog fight and maybe the game of the round especially after the Rams horrible loss to the Jets. Still I don't have much confidence in the Rams offense at the moment and I think this time Seattle might get their revenge.

Seahawks do have a real good shot at beating the Rams and winning the division for the first time since 2016, but is that a good thing? They play the Tom Brady-led Bucs in the playoffs. The other option is whoever ends up winning the NFC East.

Reactions: movingtarget
Was Dolphins and Raiders the weirdest game ever? It was an old school, line of scrimmage battle for ball control and limited scoring. Then the last 3 minutes turned into a pinball game played with industrial stimulants. Chucky may be the biggest loser of all through no fault of his own. They deserved to win, but didn't.
Bye the way; wasn't Waller the most amazing game breaker?

Was Dolphins and Raiders the weirdest game ever? It was an old school, line of scrimmage battle for ball control and limited scoring. Then the last 3 minutes turned into a pinball game played with industrial stimulants. Chucky may be the biggest loser of all through no fault of his own. They deserved to win, but didn't.
Bye the way; wasn't Waller the most amazing game breaker?
Raiders blew that one badly. A face mask and a blown coverage on the same play with seconds to go ? The coach looked gobsmacked and little wonder he was shaking his head. It will cost the Raiders a play off spot. What a brain explosion. Carr looked like he was going to have a stroke ............

The Bears winning and the Cardinals losing keeps the Bears in the mix. The Cowboys winning and the rest of the NFC Least losing means that division will go down to the wire next week. Jets won another game so it appears they never wanted the top draft pick ! The Hawks result didn't surprise me. Chiefs had another close one and if Rodgers plays well in his last two games he has to be a chance at winning the MVP. Ravens won again to remain in playoff contention. Surprised by the Browns loss. Steelers badly needed that win to get back on track.

Reactions: jmdirt
The Bears winning and the Cardinals losing keeps the Bears in the mix. The Cowboys winning and the rest of the NFC Least losing means that division will go down to the wire next week. Jets won another game so it appears they never wanted the top draft pick ! The Hawks result didn't surprise me. Chiefs had another close one and if Rodgers plays well in his last two games he has to be a chance at winning the MVP. Ravens won again to remain in playoff contention. Surprised by the Browns loss. Steelers badly needed that win to get back on track.
The Brown didn't have their receivers (C19).

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Goff had thumb surgery! Out??
Haskins unemployed.
One of the few times I get to watch MNF and the game is not very entertaining from a competitive standpoint.

Cam might be unemployed next year as well. Goff's back up is an unknown and Kyler Murray might be in doubt for the Cardinals who play the Rams. Both teams are not looking good at the moment but if the Cardinals win they will rue the 49ers loss. Seahawks look like the only team from the NFC West who might make some noise in the playoffs.

Rivera sounds confident that Alex Smith will be back for Washington for the Eagles game. They need him badly.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmdirt

Cam might be unemployed next year as well. Goff's back up is an unknown and Kyler Murray might be in doubt for the Cardinals who play the Rams. Both teams are not looking good at the moment but if the Cardinals win they will rue the 49ers loss. Seahawks look like the only team from the NFC West who might make some noise in the playoffs.

Rivera sounds confident that Alex Smith will be back for Washington for the Eagles game. They need him badly.
Cam might not be with the Pats, but I think that he could find a gig.

Cam might not be with the Pats, but I think that he could find a gig.
Everything seemed to be working for Cam and the Pats before teams starting making the offense beat them throwing the ball instead of running. Last night highlighted Pats lack of depth and quality even more with key drops. Before the season I thought 6-10 and with Cam 9-7 which some of the games could have gone their way. The team needs a big overhaul and has to keep pace with the Bills and Dolphins. There was an article Adam Gase was linked to the coaching staff!

TRENDING THREADS