• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 535 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Insane Cowboy game: DK takes off on a QB draw chewing up the remaining 14 secs left instead of taking some shots in the endzone. Got to like the umpire trying to crash through DK & 300 lb lineman to set the ball. Lol

I imagine Jones must be livid at his team's "one & done" that looked like one of his best SB contending teams in awhile. Hmmm...could McCarthy be fired over this?

Last edited:
Niners had a semi meltdown towards the end with some careless plays but they dominated most of the game. The Cowboys were useless in the first half and as the most penalized team in the league it seems they are slow learners in that regard, so many idiotic flags. Cowboys had trouble generating any offense even with Warner and Bosa both off the field along with Willis later in the game. Jimmy G missed two wide open receivers which should have sealed the game earlier and then threw his obligatory pick. Dak was mostly ineffective and the big plays by Deebo are regular now.

Dak's final decision to run the ball was ridiculous as it just chewed up the remaining seconds and the 49ers weakness is their corners...........hard to believe the game finished like that.

Skip's first comment after the game was that the Cowboys are the better team..........

Last edited:
Reactions: jmdirt
Yes, that was unreal. Chris Sims said after the game that Belicheck and Josh McDaniels have a rule in NE that you only run the ball like that when you have at least 18 seconds on the clock. There were 14 seconds when Dallas snapped the ball and tried that sneak. However, the Cowboys were lucky to be in that position in the first place. If SF were able to stay consistent (they haven't all season), they should have won by double digits. The won't be able to do this against Green Bay. But this is how SF has played all season. Long segments of games where they look like they can beat anyone, then mistakes, blown plays, bad throws by Jimmy G...enough for 49er fans to pull their hair out.

So far, I'm correct on all my pics, though I didn't expect the Buffalo-NE blowout. I don't think anyone did. 7 degrees (-7 with the windchill) in Buffalo! But the Bills played like it was 50 degrees and no wind. No matter how you slice it, that was an incredibly impressive performance. Heading to KC should be a very exciting game! Down after down, play after play, in the trenches where games are mostly won, I like Buffalo. But KC is so explosive, they can put up big yards, and points quickly, and late if needed. Should be great fun to watch.

As a Raiders fan I was really disappointed with that call, but I'm not convinced the Raiders were screwed, or would have won. They blew chances, and two out of three plays Carr looks like an all-pro. Presuming Derek Henry is truly healthy, the Bengals are going to need to put together long drives of their own to keep that game in reach. They will live and die on Burrow's arm and decisions on offense.

I don't see either LA or ARI going to TB and winning. I also like TB's chances against GB (or SF) as well, though GB, at Lambeau, will be harder for sure, but let's not get too far ahead.

Niners had a semi meltdown towards the end with some careless plays but they dominated most of the game. The Cowboys were useless in the first half and as the most penalized team in the league it seems they are slow learners in that regard, so many idiotic flags. Cowboys had trouble generating any offense even with Warner and Bosa both off the field along with Willis later in the game. Jimmy G missed two wide open receivers which should have sealed the game earlier and then threw his obligatory pick. Dak was mostly ineffective and the big plays by Deebo are regular now.

Dak's final decision to run the ball was ridiculous as it just chewed up the remaining seconds and the 49ers weakness is their corners...........hard to believe the game finished like that.

Skip's first comment after the game was that the Cowboys are the better team..........
It's with no small sense of satisfaction that I enjoyed the lowest seeded NFC West team thrash the 'boys in their pimphouse with Jerry the King watching. If he fires his coach it wouldn't surprise me.
That Jimmy G had shakey moments is no surprise. Their OC did one hulluva job, though.

I can see Bills and Rams winning next week. Chiefs and Tampa will want to score on their first drive and it wouldn’t surprise me if Tampa elects to receive first half again. But none of that will matter for TB if they’re down 1-3 olineman.

Packers could finally beat Niners in the playoffs but can get bullied by the run game. I think Titians will win a close one.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmdirt and SafeBet
Well I wasn't expecting much from the Cardinals in the Playoffs but that was quite embarassing. Rams dominate in the trenches once again and can cause some damage against the Bucs as well.
Niners @ Packers is a fascinating matchup. Packers haven't won a playoff game against SF in 20 years and I still vividly remember that 2012 game with Kaepernick running all over Green Bay and looking like the NFL was gonna be his playground for the foreseeable future.

Bengals have terrific skill players and Burrow is in the zone but I'm not expecting an upset against the Titans who will be rested and healthy.
Bills @ Chiefs is probably the best game on paper, both offenses were unstoppable in the WC.

Well I wasn't expecting much from the Cardinals in the Playoffs but that was quite embarassing. Rams dominate in the trenches once again and can cause some damage against the Bucs as well.
Niners @ Packers is a fascinating matchup. Packers haven't won a playoff game against SF in 20 years and I still vividly remember that 2012 game with Kaepernick running all over Green Bay and looking like the NFL was gonna be his playground for the foreseeable future.

Bengals have terrific skill players and Burrow is in the zone but I'm not expecting an upset against the Titans who will be rested and healthy.
Bills @ Chiefs is probably the best game on paper, both offenses were unstoppable in the WC.
Be surprised if the Bengals won but the Titans can have an occasional shocker. 49ers game could be the match up of the round. They lost to GB by a point earlier in the season when both teams had injuries but notably the Niners didn't have Mitchell at RB that day and the GB defense played well.

The Cards seemed to check out about a month ago, noticeable drop in performances. interested to see if the Bills can repeat that performance, I have my doubts.

Reactions: SHAD0W93 and jmdirt
I can see Bills and Rams winning next week. Chiefs and Tampa will want to score on their first drive and it wouldn’t surprise me if Tampa elects to receive first half again. But none of that will matter for TB if they’re down 1-3 olineman.

Packers could finally beat Niners in the playoffs but can get bullied by the run game. I think Titians will win a close one.
As ever the question mark for the Niners is jimmy G. Deebo and Mitchell have proved hard to stop on the ground attack, for most teams.

Reactions: SHAD0W93 and jmdirt
Be surprised if the Bengals won but the Titans can have an occasional shocker. 49ers game could be the match up of the round. They lost to GB by a point earlier in the season when both teams had injuries but notably the Niners didn't have Mitchell at RB that day and the GB defense played well.

The Cards seemed to check out about a month ago, noticeable drop in performances. interested to see if the Bills can repeat that performance, I have my doubts.
A lot depends on how Josh Allen plays. Cause the best version of Josh Allen (like the one we've seen against the Patriots) is arguably the top QB in football, but the worst version of Josh Allen can put his team in a hole and there's no coming back against the Chiefs. He's been very up and down this year. Bills have the highest ceiling in the AFC to me, because they can win games on both sides of the ball.
I still have the Chiefs as favorite though.

I think for every game this week, who ever scored the first touchdown will win the game.

If TB scores first Rams start to get worried, especially if TB keeps putting up points and Stafford starts making mistakes. If Rams score first their defense turns up to 1000% and prevents a comeback like before.

If Niners score first they can keep the ball away from Rodgers while if the Packers score that can lead to Jimmy G making the mistakes.

Bills and the Chiefs both have the ability to go score for score but if either falls behind it’d be too hard to overcome.

Bengals have the more explosive offense with the weaker defense. If they score first Tannehill starts screwing up while if Titans score they can run the clock out.

I’m hoping for far more competitive games this week and I think the NFL should look at the seeding with the extra team. The last two years they have gotten bullied. Now this year if the Chargers and Saints got in it would have been different but maybe instead they do:
2 vs 5
3 vs 6
4 vs 7
That way it is closer to their talent level vs 2 vs 7.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmdirt
I could see him going to the Saints.

Watson should be in high demand from the Texans as well. I can see Saints, Steelers, Broncos, and Colts putting in big bids for him.
Watson is a peculiar case. He might not play next year (or ever again for what we know) so his price is likely lower than his talent suggests, but it's a big risk for anyone trading for him (even if that requires only minor assets).

Carr is a solid NFL starter and I could see the Saints and Steelers make a move for him. Colts I'm not sure. Broncos will target a bigger name imho. I don't really understand why the Raiders would let Carr go since there's little QB talent in the draft this year, but it's the Raiders so... Unless they manage to get Wilson or Rodgers obviously.

Watson is a peculiar case. He might not play next year (or ever again for what we know) so his price is likely lower than his talent suggests, but it's a big risk for anyone trading for him (even if that requires only minor assets).

Carr is a solid NFL starter and I could see the Saints and Steelers make a move for him. Colts I'm not sure. Broncos will target a bigger name imho. I don't really understand why the Raiders would let Carr go since there's little QB talent in the draft this year, but it's the Raiders so... Unless they manage to get Wilson or Rodgers obviously.
That's exactly what I'm thinking, who can LV get who will play better than Carr?

Reactions: SHAD0W93

TRENDING THREADS