• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 630 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I can and can't see why Lamar turned that money down. I can because he wants more (or he wants out of Baltimore too), I can't because he's just asking for way too much, expecting too much.

Not sure why the Raiders signed two Patriot WRs, Myers and Philip Dorsett, but trading Waller was 100% a salary dump, as they didn't get that much in return.
Rodgers is determined to stay wacky until his career is over. The ex partners don't seem to want to re-sign him either............... The FA post was cut and paste from the NFL site.
I'm picture at this point the Jets have a contract with ink on it completely dry, ready to sign. Then Rodgers agent comes back, "Aaron would like to know if it's possible if he can get .48 cents on every hotdog sold at concessions during home games? Can you include that in the contract?"

For those who are keeping score. Aaron Rodgers dated:

Danica Patrick, who kind of moved on from him years back.
Shailene Woodley, who he was engaged to, but did dump him.
Blu of Earth, the hippie witch girl who introduced him to Ayahuacha tea. Casually dated a few times.
Mallory Edens, model and daughter of the owner of the Milwaukee Bucks. They had apparently been friends for some time, which I guess bugged Shailene. Well, now AR is dating her.

Stay tuned! ;)

I can and can't see why Lamar turned that money down. I can because he wants more (or he wants out of Baltimore too), I can't because he's just asking for way too much, expecting too much.

Not sure why the Raiders signed two Patriot WRs, Myers and Philip Dorsett, but trading Waller was 100% a salary dump, as they didn't get that much in return.

I'm picture at this point the Jets have a contract with ink on it completely dry, ready to sign. Then Rodgers agent comes back, "Aaron would like to know if it's possible if he can get .48 cents on every hotdog sold at concessions during home games? Can you include that in the contract?"

Blu of Earth, the hippie witch girl who introduced him to Ayahuacha tea. Casually dated a few times.
Mallory Edens, model and daughter of the owner of the Milwaukee Bucks. They had apparently been friends for some time, which I guess bugged Shailene. Well, now AR is dating her.

Stay tuned! ;)
Yes Rodgers owns a slice of the Bucks.

Raiders might have used one of those WR picks to get a defender ?

Lamar would have gotten abour 5 million more per season than Dak which is very good money. Mahomes next contract will probably shatter records, Be interested to see what Cousins gets next season when his extension is due. Also waiting to see what the 49ers pay Bosa, that could also go to the top of defender contracts. 49ers signed Darnold for only 4.5 mill but with bonuses and incentives it could go as high as 10 and that probably depends on the health of Lance and Purdy. Some people are saying its a sign that Lance could be traded if the progress is slow. Darnold like CMC has family in California and maybe he thinks has has a chance to start, looking at the big picture. Don't know if he had any interest from other teams but this will be by far the best team he's played on.

Stay tuned! ;)
LJ was looking at what other QB1s were getting. He turned it down betting on himself to have a good season, but then he got injured.

If other teams thought that he was worth the price ($32 MIL+ draft) we would probably know by now, but we will get that answer this afternoon.

Reactions: jmdirt

I'm surprised/not surprised about EE. I thought that they would figure something. I'm not sure who'll pick him up because there are so many factors at play.

I wish Mayfield luck, but this will likely be his last shot at being QB1. If this doesn't go well, he will either spend the rest of his career as QB2, or move to the booth (his 'sharp wit' won't translate well IMO).

Slay will be missed, but they will save a ton of money. Can they find someone in the draft who can step up big in year one, will they bring in a vet, or do they already have someone on the roster?

The shuffling of players in Philadelphia makes me think the Eagles are looking to 2024 or 2025, expecting a Super Bowl hangover, and saving a load of cash in the process.

Darnold like CMC has family in California and maybe he thinks has has a chance to start, looking at the big picture. Don't know if he had any interest from other teams but this will be by far the best team he's played on.
He makes too many mistakes, doesn't move well enough in the pocket, and lacks accuracy down the field. He did cut his int. rate down this season in Carolina at least. It's really hard to say, but sitting on the bench in SF for a year, or longer, could actually help his career, maybe a lot.
LJ ...If other teams thought that he was worth the price ($32 MIL+ draft) we would probably know by now, but we will get that answer this afternoon.
I think there's several things going on. First, if some team made an offer to Lamar, it's pretty likely the Ravens would just match it, as no team is going to offer him $250m over 6 years guaranteed. Next, the Ravens are in a position of power here. They can listen to what he wants, and accept it, negotiate, or just compel him to play on the tag. I would be quiet and not say a single word to the media, and be cordial to Lamar (and his mom) but stick to business if I were the Raves brass too.
The most ironic thing about Rodgers rumored receivers request is for years Packer/Rodgers fans have been saying he needs better receivers than Cobb, Lewis, and Lazard to the point of calling them bums on occasion. Yet here Rodgers is wanting them.
He had Devonte Adams too for several years! One of the top WR in the league. The guy got almost everything he wanted, at least until last year.

I won't be shocked if once Rodgers is on the Jets (once they get that hotdog % written into his contract), the Raiders at least look at trading Adams to the Jets.

[Edit. NFL Network now saying it's just final paperwork and signatures].

Last edited:
There were others before.. In my opinion Lamar Jackson could be a pro bike racer, basketball, baseball or NFL superstar.. I watch him seeing a graceful, gifted athlete.. No matter what discipline.
Rodgers is acting silly in the musical chairs.. Music has started and stopped and the number of teams that can or would sign him is getting smaller. I would guess that he is doing all the posturing because handshake has already happened and as it took place, everyone involved realizes the value of public hype is an awesome revenue source for everyone.
I have been to mega sports bars in Mexico and the US and seldom see many sets of eyes glued to a Jets vs anyone game.. Rodgers and all this regale is good..
Raiders dodged a bullet

Rodgers is acting silly in the musical chairs.. Music has started and stopped and the number of teams that can or would sign him is getting smaller.
Uh, there's only one team left: The Jets. It's the Jets, or retirement. There's nothing else. No other remaining options. I'm all but certain of it.

The Green Bay return path is gone. I imagine if he now told them "I want to return" he would be told he'd be doing so sitting on the bench. Plus, I'm all but sure Jordan Love is somewhere tossing a ball around with Doubs and Watson, getting ready for the next several years.

Isn't it ironic how when Rodgers went into his little hibernation thing he said he would come out and make a decision, it wouldn't be like the past, stringing things out. Granted, FA just started, but it's like little has changed. Everything is pins and needles. The Jets have said they wanted him all along. Even the Packers are saying they aren't expecting top draft picks for him in return. The only common denominator to all the madness is Rodgers. He will be a first ballot HOF, the guy isn't a jerk, not a criminal, and has been great, but he's also one of the strangest players to ever play sports.

Agree Lamar is the kind of athlete that would probably excel in just about any and every sport. Not saying he's at the level of Bo (obviously), or Dieon, (Jim Thorpe for old school). But there were plenty of dual sport guys people sometimes forget about Charlie Ward come to mind. Danny Ainge, Ken Norton, John Elway was a hell of a college baseball player (3B, pitcher, LF). I remember years ago seeing something about I believe swimmer Janet Evans, how her friends said she was pretty much better than everyone in every sport she tried. People that are both physically gifted, and determined. That combination gets people a long, long way in athletics.

Reactions: jmdirt and SHAD0W93
I wish Mayfield luck, but this will likely be his last shot at being QB1. If this doesn't go well, he will either spend the rest of his career as QB2, or move to the booth (his 'sharp wit' won't translate well IMO).
Probably the booth or commercials is his destination. He's already a bust: 29-30 in 4 yrs at Cleveland with just one winning season & 1-1 in the playoffs that season. He had all that incredible offensive talent & one of the best OL in the business and that was the best thee #1 OA from 2018 could do? And last season he was on 2 different teams - couldn't cut it with the Panthers or Rams. Lol.

Mayfield as a football player - not impressed. Mayfield as an actor in commercials - impressed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alpe d'Huez
Agree with that. He thought way too highly of himself when he got to the Browns. Bust is a big word, and I don't know if it truly applies, as one could conclude half the #1 overall picks are then busts (Murray, Winston, Clowney, Bradford, Long, Russell, Williams, Palmer, Carr, Vick, Couch, etc. None lead their teams to any championships). But he in no way has lived up to the expectations of him. In fact, his best game to date may have been that walk-on game for the Rams - against one of the worst defense in the NFL. Some of those guys got close, closer than him (Long, Vick, Palmer), some didn't.

Agree he does have a real opportunity in front of a camera though if he pursues it. His ego could serve him well there. :cool:

There were others before.. In my opinion Lamar Jackson could be a pro bike racer, basketball, baseball or NFL superstar.. I watch him seeing a graceful, gifted athlete.. No matter what discipline.
Rodgers is acting silly in the musical chairs.. Music has started and stopped and the number of teams that can or would sign him is getting smaller. I would guess that he is doing all the posturing because handshake has already happened and as it took place, everyone involved realizes the value of public hype is an awesome revenue source for everyone.
I have been to mega sports bars in Mexico and the US and seldom see many sets of eyes glued to a Jets vs anyone game.. Rodgers and all this regale is good..
Raiders dodged a bullet
Lamar to Indy could be a resurrection for his skills and dedication. He's been analyzed and partially dismissed so why work there? He has the physical ability as you've pointed out.

Rodgers has done what we, in high school always cautioned each other when flirting with fringe commerce: "don't smoke you own dope". We learned that in school. A-aron done messed up and doesn't 'member.

Uh, there's only one team left: The Jets. It's the Jets, or retirement. There's nothing else. No other remaining options. I'm all but certain of it.

The Green Bay return path is gone. I imagine if he now told them "I want to return" he would be told he'd be doing so sitting on the bench. Plus, I'm all but sure Jordan Love is somewhere tossing a ball around with Doubs and Watson, getting ready for the next several years.

Isn't it ironic how when Rodgers went into his little hibernation thing he said he would come out and make a decision, it wouldn't be like the past, stringing things out. Granted, FA just started, but it's like little has changed. Everything is pins and needles. The Jets have said they wanted him all along. Even the Packers are saying they aren't expecting top draft picks for him in return. The only common denominator to all the madness is Rodgers. He will be a first ballot HOF, the guy isn't a jerk, not a criminal, and has been great, but he's also one of the strangest players to ever play sports.

Agree Lamar is the kind of athlete that would probably excel in just about any and every sport. Not saying he's at the level of Bo (obviously), or Dieon, (Jim Thorpe for old school). But there were plenty of dual sport guys people sometimes forget about Charlie Ward come to mind. Danny Ainge, Ken Norton, John Elway was a hell of a college baseball player (3B, pitcher, LF). I remember years ago seeing something about I believe swimmer Janet Evans, how her friends said she was pretty much better than everyone in every sport she tried. People that are both physically gifted, and determined. That combination gets people a long, long way in athletics.
GB front office wil be happy that the Rodgers drama is sloooooowly coming to an end. It seems every off season was the same with Rodgers and he knows how to play the media games. Short of getting an underwear allowance, Rodgers will get everything he wants as the Jets are too committed now and their other choices have dried up. If this big splash plan doesn't work out and many have their doubts then the Jets can always go back to failing with draft pick QBs but even the Jets have to eventually strike gold in the draft by design or not.............eyes were rolling at the Jets probably watching Purdy play last season..........but then again Purdy has a much better supporting cast. If The Jets don't make the playoffs or go out early expect heads to roll in the next few seasons.

Probably the booth or commercials is his destination. He's already a bust: 29-30 in 4 yrs at Cleveland with just one winning season & 1-1 in the playoffs that season. He had all that incredible offensive talent & one of the best OL in the business and that was the best thee #1 OA from 2018 could do? And last season he was on 2 different teams - couldn't cut it with the Panthers or Rams. Lol.

Mayfield as a football player - not impressed. Mayfield as an actor in commercials - impressed.
Rams gave Baker a one year deal, same with Buccs. That says it all. Panthers got him out quickly.Played his best football with the Browns but like Wentz, regressed pretty quickly. While Goff also went backwards fairly quickly at the Rams but seems rejuvenated at the Lions. If Baker can't do an adequate job at the Buccs he's probably heading down the Josh Rosen path.

Rams gave Baker a one year deal, same with Buccs. That says it all. Panthers got him out quickly.Played his best football with the Browns but like Wentz, regressed pretty quickly. While Goff also went backwards fairly quickly at the Rams but seems rejuvenated at the Lions. If Baker can't do an adequate job at the Buccs he's probably heading down the Josh Rosen path.
Baker has already done way more that Josh.

Wow! I did not expect the Bengals to get Brown! They must have been planning this for a couple days pretty strategically.

Bills re-signed Jordan Poyer, but they need some depth at LB having lost the talented Tremaine Edmunds. Though I can see why the Bills kept Milano instead, as Edmunds vanished in that playoff game against the Bengals.

Jalen Carter had his Pro Day, which should have been significant since he was unable to perform at the Combine. Well, by the looks of it he wasn't that interested. Showed up overweight. Didn't even run some drills. Looked just so-so. The guy was looking like a top 5 pick when the college season ended. Now? He could fall deep into the 1st round. This costs him a couple million dollars. Even the notion of not seeming that interested can hurt you. It was one of the reasons Geno Smith fell the year he was drafted. He skipped the Combine, and his Pro Day was just so-so.

Christian Gonzalez apparently ran almost every drill at his Pro Day, saying he wanted everyone to know that his outstanding Combine wasn't a one-time thing. Here's a guy who when the college season ended looked like he could maybe go in the early rounds, now is likely to go in the top 10.

Here's a list of every school's Pro Day. March 23rd is when the world will finally get a look at Bryce Young.

I have a feeling the trade-to-move-up frenzy hasn't stopped just because Carolina did to get #1 overall. I posted before how trading up usually doesn't pan out the way teams hope. It sometimes does, but not usually. I have also posted I think this year's QB class is average, not great, not bad. All the top 4 guys need at least some heavy work and learning. At the combine only one guy really looked NFL ready (Stroud, though Richardson was an impressive physical freak). But that won't stop the frenzy from continuing. I honestly could see some desperate team trade up with Arizona who sits at #3. Atlanta? Tennessee? Jets if they don't get Rodgers?! Making these 4 QBs go 1, 2, 3, 4. I'm not sure that has ever happened. If it does, it makes me wonder what 2024 will be like, as next year is supposed to have several QBs come out that already play in pro sets, or close to it, and throw the ball a lot (Williams, Maye, KJ Jefferson, Bo Nix, McCarthy).

I have disliked ERodge for many years, I appreciate what he could do on the field, but I have always disliked him (or the persona that he presents). Over the last three years he has taken it up a notch, a notch, a notch, but this off season he seams to have cranked it up. Does he think that he is gaining fans by doing this? By all accounts he has turned more people off than on. Unless he plays completely lights out, he is going to get eaten alive in the NY/NJ market.

I have disliked ERodge for many years, I appreciate what he could do on the field, but I have always disliked him (or the persona that he presents). Over the last three years he has taken it up a notch, a notch, a notch, but this off season he seams to have cranked it up. Does he think that he is gaining fans by doing this? By all accounts he has turned more people off than on. Unless he plays completely lights out, he is going to get eaten alive in the NY/NJ market.
It seems that GB are holding up the trade. They are tweaking the trade package details and Rodgers sounds frustrated which is kinda funny, thinking of what GB have had to put up with !

TRENDING THREADS