• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

NBA / NCAA Basketball

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sorry, not an NBA fan. However the NCAA Tournament is starting this week. Hopefully I can find a way to get all my work done for the week before Thursday afternoon so I can sit down and watch first round Tournament games. Plus 1 set of brackets already filled out.

Re:

Koronin said:
Sorry, not an NBA fan. However the NCAA Tournament is starting this week. Hopefully I can find a way to get all my work done for the week before Thursday afternoon so I can sit down and watch first round Tournament games. Plus 1 set of brackets already filled out.
GU will be playing a five minute ride from my house! Not only do I enjoy the regional tournament contender, my sister is a GU alum.

Re: Re:

jmdirt said:
Koronin said:
GU will be playing a five minute ride from my house! Not only do I enjoy the regional tournament contender, my sister is a GU alum.

Wow, that's cool. Are you going to the game? If you do, enjoy it. Living 5 minutes away I'd have a hard time not getting tickets and going.

Koronin said:
jmdirt said:
Koronin said:

Wow, that's cool. Are you going to the game? If you do, enjoy it. Living 5 minutes away I'd have a hard time not getting tickets and going.
Depends on work, but hopefully.

jmdirt said:
Koronin said:
jmdirt said:
Koronin said:

Depends on work, but hopefully.

Totally understand that.

Seeing as no "true Pac-12 NW" team will be competing this year I'll just try to keep myself excited by cheering for Gonzaga.

Haven't filled out my bracket yet, but you know it'll be the usual suspects in the Final Four. (*** Kansas, possibly Duke... ugh, I don't even want to think about it!)

Tricycle Rider said:
Koronin said:
Gonzaga has a shot in the West region of getting to the Final Four. I've done one set of brackets and have UVA vs 'Nova in the finals.
That's actually what I have right now, but this is my only bracket.

EDIT: And Villanova will win it by about three points.

I'm thinking this is going to be a popular Championship game pick. I've got UVA winning, but I can easily see Villanova winning instead.

Koronin said:
I'm thinking this is going to be a popular Championship game pick. I've got UVA winning, but I can easily see Villanova winning instead.
Let the dancing begin!

My dad's bracket is hilarious, every year it is. (He's got Kansas St. v Florida in the final, no more needs to be said.)

Ah well, at least no money is on the line, and it doesn't hurt to dream. :lol:

Tricycle Rider said:
Koronin said:
Let the dancing begin!

My dad's bracket is hilarious, every year it is. (He's got Kansas St. v Florida in the final, no more needs to be said.)

Ah well, at least no money is on the line, and it doesn't hurt to dream. :lol:

:lol: Well that's an interesting bracket. Yes as long as no money you can dream about whomever you want in the Final Four and championship game.

Didn't see the game, but a 20 point beating of the #1 seed??? Usually upsets are a one or two possession outcomes, but rarely double digits and even more scarce at 20 points. WOW. There were several other games that could have ended up as upsets, but didn't quite pan out.

BullsFan22 said:
Didn't see the game, but a 20 point beating of the #1 seed??? Usually upsets are a one or two possession outcomes, but rarely double digits and even more scarce at 20 points. WOW. There were several other games that could have ended up as upsets, but didn't quite pan out.
This March Madness is really living up to its name - UNC also got blown out, and Xavier is out as well.

I still haven't figured out how some people manage to get a perfect bracket, suddenly dad's doesn't seem so silly anymore. (Although it's really quite busted also.)

At least Gonzaga is still in it, but with the way things have been going I can see how they could lose to Florida State.

Re:

Tricycle Rider said:
Wow, UVA broke the internet last night, my bracket is certainly busted.

Did you bet any money on the tournament, Koronin? (Read somewhere that March Madness is something like a $10bn industry, I'm sure some people are crying right about now.)

Nope. I've got 3 brackets, but all are free internet ones. One at ESPN (that is a small league with some friends), one at CBS, and one at one of the Raleigh TV/Radio stations.

Virginia broke most people's brackets as well, including mine. Although I do still have my other 3 Final 4 teams left. Otherwise I lost 1 other Elite 8 team and 2 more Sweet 16 teams. The nice part about the ones at the local TV station is after each weekend you can redo your brackets for the rest of the tournament.

I'll add to my above comment, I had Kansas out in round two along with Xavier and NC loosing in the Sweet 16, so those losses didn't kill my brackets. Virginia on the other hand I had beating 'Nova in the Championship game. My other 2 Final 4 teams are Duke and Gonzaga. And here I was more worried about 'Nova and Duke as both have had issues of loosing in round 2.

Koronin said:
Nope. I've got 3 brackets, but all are free internet ones. One at ESPN (that is a small league with some friends), one at CBS, and one at one of the Raleigh TV/Radio stations.

Virginia broke most people's brackets as well, including mine. Although I do still have my other 3 Final 4 teams left. Otherwise I lost 1 other Elite 8 team and 2 more Sweet 16 teams. The nice part about the ones at the local TV station is after each weekend you can redo your brackets for the rest of the tournament.
Are ESPN's brackets more unreadable than usual? I'm at ESPN also, and maybe it's just age...

The madness continues, not really shocked Gonzaga lost, had them going no further than the Sweet Sixteen. But who are these Loyola Chicago people?

Guess I'll for them now, seeing as I like Chicago and don't really have anyone else left to root for. Well, maybe Villanova, seeing as I have them in the final on my bracket, but am not really emotionally invested either way.

Tricycle Rider said:
Koronin said:

Are ESPN's brackets more unreadable than usual? I'm at ESPN also, and maybe it's just age...

The madness continues, not really shocked Gonzaga lost, had them going no further than the Sweet Sixteen. But who are these Loyola Chicago people?

Guess I'll for them now, seeing as I like Chicago and don't really have anyone else left to root for. Well, maybe Villanova, seeing as I have them in the final on my bracket, but am not really emotionally invested either way.

Actually yes. It does seem theirs are not easy to read.

No idea who these Loyola Chicago people are, but they obviously know how to play.

Injury concerns for Curry and Irving leading into the playoffs ? It's clear that Golden State are not the same team without Curry and the Celtics rely so much on Kyrie Irving. Does this bring the Cavs back into the equation ? Or even Houston ? Toronto still has many doubters for the playoffs. Be interesting to see if they can reverse their playoff woes. I think they are looking better this year.

Re:

movingtarget said:
Bucks go down to Celtics on OT. Entertaining game. Cavs lose their first game easily against the Pacers. They never looked like winning.

Cavs defense is atrocious and to struggle the way that they did offensively and at home at the very start of the playoffs has to be troubling for them. Their defense has been an issue throughout the season, before and after the major roster upheaval that they had.

When they first brought in Clarkson, Nance and Hood I thought that they would be an instant injection of energy to a team that seemed to be completely lacking in fire and intensity. That lasted all of about a week or two and they resorted back to a similar level of minimal intensity as they displayed before the trades/acquisitions.

TRENDING THREADS