NBA / NCAA Basketball

Page 32 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I've been really impressed with the Celtics this year. They've managed to build up a strong squad, when many people might have thought the loss of Thomas and then Irving and Horford would cause problems, that has been able to cope with injuries. Big praise to Stevens. Coming in for Rivers and rebuilding that team so quickly was impressive. Hope we hang on to this group of players.

I've been really impressed with the Celtics this year. They've managed to build up a strong squad, when many people might have thought the loss of Thomas and then Irving and Horford would cause problems, that has been able to cope with injuries. Big praise to Stevens. Coming in for Rivers and rebuilding that team so quickly was impressive. Hope we hang on to this group of players.
Haven't watched much basketball of late but now the NFL is finished that will change. From what I have seen of the Celtics, I think it looks positive. The 76ers on the other hand don't look that good at all and many picked them to win the East. The Raptors also have done well without Kawhi. If I was a betting man I would say the 76ers won't make the conference final. Bucks versus ?

It’s pretty open. If the Celtics don’t have any injuries they can trouble anyone, Raptors and Heat look pretty good to and I wouldn’t say the Sixers or Pacers are out of it yet. Don’t think Brooklyn have a chance.

I’ll call it as Bucks/Celtics East and Clippers/Lakers West.

It’s pretty open. If the Celtics don’t have any injuries they can trouble anyone, Raptors and Heat look pretty good to and I wouldn’t say the Sixers or Pacers are out of it yet. Don’t think Brooklyn have a chance.

I’ll call it as Bucks/Celtics East and Clippers/Lakers West.
I think that will be close to the match ups unless the Bucks mess up. 76ers loss of Reddick and Jimmy was big and Embiid just isn't consistent enough.

Forgot to say, the Raptors are getting a roll on with Siakam returning, but they just lost Powell to a broken hand (I don't see him slamming many dunks so not sure how that happened). That's going to put a lot of pressure on Davis and maybe Thomas and McCaw.

Forgot to say, the Raptors are getting a roll on with Siakam returning, but they just lost Powell to a broken hand (I don't see him slamming many dunks so not sure how that happened). That's going to put a lot of pressure on Davis and maybe Thomas and McCaw.
Raptors have a good coach and a solid squad even without Kawhi. be interesting to see how Miami go. Don't see the Nets doing much. Pacers are doing well as are the Jazz. Houston are out of sorts.

Big trade and a lot to unpick here:

Firstly, I'm not sure what Houston get out of this unless it's just salary cut, possibly some better D? Losing Nene and Capela and bringing in Covington and Bell. Firstly, who's going to play at centre? Tucker..? I know they've been playing this agile, small man style but I wouldn't say it's working that well. Losing Capela's rebounds is going to hurt and who's going to pick up those lost points? Bell plays low minutes for not much gain, maybe he'll develop. On top of this they get a second round pick? There was talk of the Celtics giving up their Grizzlies pick (which is a potential lottery pick) to get Capela with maybe Theis or Kanter going with it. Both of those guys make more sense for Houston, with that first round pick being a massive plus, so I'm guessing it was just rumours (which I'm happy about, seemed a poor deal for Boston). I know this years draft doesn't look great, but that pick is something they could have traded for later on.

Hawks make out quite well in this. Capela and Nene over Drummond seems to fit well.

The Timberwolves pull in some potential and are loading up on picks. This season is done for them and while the draft class isn't seen as very promising, half a couple of high first round picks is going to do them well, either as trades or for taking what the draft has to offer. There's some reasonable guards in the class, I think they might be what Minnesota are after.

The Nuggets don't get much out of this. I'd guess they're planning something else or they were just clearing the decks.

Celtics continue to win, beating a losing Magic team, without Kemba. Being able to rest him agains tthe worse teams and still get goods wins bodes well. Good to Langford getting some long game minutes in, there was talk of trading him out already and hopefully this is an indication that's been put on the back burner. Tatum is on fire at the moment, Brown is showing why he was a potential all-star (call me biased but I think he should be in) and Hayward is still putting up good numbers.

After the Mookie/Price trade (seriously, what the hell was that?!) at least one of the teams I follow looks to be going to the play-offs in a good position.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS