• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

NBA / NCAA Basketball

Page 34 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Hard to believe but it looks like the Bucks are about to be swept. Miami is yet to lose a game in the playoffs and have momentum while the Bucks don't look like the same regular season team. A few injuries haven't helped them. But i think the problem for the Bucks started last season when they didn't re-sign Brogdon. Yes they would have paid big for him but I think they could have moved other players around and managed to do it. If the Bucks go out early again which looks almost a certainty then the Bucks are going to do a whole lot of convincing to retain Giannis as he comes off contract although based on what Giannis has said in the past he would rather stay at Milwaukee than go and form a super team elsewhere.. Coach Bud also hasn't really got the results in his playoff career so far either. Not with the Bucks or his previous teams. The Bucks improved with Budenholzer after Jason Kidd moved on but have they improved more because Giannis has improved or the coach made the right changes ? No doubt coach Bud has the team playing a different brand of basketball to Jason Kidd with a lot more 3 pointers taken.

Houston had a good win against the Lakers in game one. The experts seem to think they will only get a win or two against the Lakers. I'm not so sure about that.

Miami look really good. The talk has been that whoever wins the Celtics/Raptors series is going to represent the East in the Finals, but I'm worried about Miami. Pundits are saying they can't adapt, but the way they are playing I don't think they need to. We'll wait and see but I can't see the Bucks coming back. Will Giannis stay? I think he'll listen to offers and I read somewhere Miami is thought to be looking at putting an offer in. They could clear up a lot of space this year and next.

Houston can beat the Lakers. I don't think the Lakers have looked great while in the bubble. Lost to the Nets, Raptors, Thunder, Rockets and Pacers. They'll need to pick it up quickly because Houston just look dialled.

Really hoping the Celtics take tonights game. Clutch shooting from Anunoby aside, they looked in control of the last game but just couldn't put it out of reach.

Reactions: movingtarget
Good comebacks by Toronto and Denver to level their respective series. I still expect the Clippers to prevail but the Toronto series is at an interesting point. They came from 2-0 down to beat the Bucks last season albeit with Kawhi. I wouldn't underestimate the Raptors coach who did a great job in the last playoffs.

Celtics sliding to 2-2 are starting to look like pre-COVID Celtics who, when someone in their top 6 had a bad game, had no-one to come off te bench and pick up the slack. Smart and Brown shooting 25% and 22% from the field, really missed Hayward being able to take some pressure off. It meant that they’d drop some games they shouldn’t have.

More interesting for everyone else, but stressful for fans! In that regard, good that Denver pulled one back to level it (is it bad if I hope LA get swept..? :) ). Let’s see if Miami are in for a long lay off after tonight...

Last edited:
Now that's how Boston should have been playing in game 3! Another game where they were never behind, they had a 30 point lead, three guys over +/-20 and Brown on 19. All 5 starters and Wannamaker +10 points. Hopefully they can close out the series as I think that Boston/Miami will be really interesting, but Miami would steamroll Toronto. Miami should close it out tonight.

Clippers go to 2-1 and we'll have to see if Denver can pull it back next time.

LA/Houston is going to be good. I can see Houston taking another and this going to 7 games.

Now that's how Boston should have been playing in game 3! Another game where they were never behind, they had a 30 point lead, three guys over +/-20 and Brown on 19. All 5 starters and Wannamaker +10 points. Hopefully they can close out the series as I think that Boston/Miami will be really interesting, but Miami would steamroll Toronto. Miami should close it out tonight.

Clippers go to 2-1 and we'll have to see if Denver can pull it back next time.

LA/Houston is going to be good. I can see Houston taking another and this going to 7 games.
Yes the Houston series could go the distance. Be surprised if the Clippers series went more than five games.

Nuggets force game 7 and Rockets go out in 5. That's pretty much the opposite of what I was expecting for those two series. I can't tell if Houston just didn't turn up or the Lakers were that good? Can the Nuggets pull off a big upset?

Boston Vs. Miami will be interesting. Boston match up well against Miami and Hayward should be back, hopefully adding a bit more scoring from the bench. It's going to be a tough call for Stevens on who starts. Smart was arguably the MVP of the Toronto series and he's the obvious candidate to drop if Hayward comes in. The talk before this last series was whoever wins from Boston/Toronto will be representing the East in the finals, no matter who won out of Miami and Milwaukee. I'm not so sure, but I hope it's the case. Celtics Lakers in the finals would be brilliant (as long as the Celtics win!).

Nuggets force game 7 and Rockets go out in 5. That's pretty much the opposite of what I was expecting for those two series. I can't tell if Houston just didn't turn up or the Lakers were that good? Can the Nuggets pull off a big upset?

Boston Vs. Miami will be interesting. Boston match up well against Miami and Hayward should be back, hopefully adding a bit more scoring from the bench. It's going to be a tough call for Stevens on who starts. Smart was arguably the MVP of the Toronto series and he's the obvious candidate to drop if Hayward comes in. The talk before this last series was whoever wins from Boston/Toronto will be representing the East in the finals, no matter who won out of Miami and Milwaukee. I'm not so sure, but I hope it's the case. Celtics Lakers in the finals would be brilliant (as long as the Celtics win!).
At the moment I think Denver has a good shot. Miami had a good record against the Bucks so that wasn't a total surprise. Coach Bud doesn't seem able to make adjustments in the playoffs like other coaches. He was out coached by the Raptors coach last year.

Celtics get one back with a much better performance, and the kind of performance I would expect, and the Nuggets take the Lakers to the wire. I'm unsure if the longer break will help the Celtics, but fingers crossed it will. The Nuggets seemed to work out how to limit scoring at the rim against the Lakers, which is going to help. Lets see if they can make the series interesting.

Celtics get one back with a much better performance, and the kind of performance I would expect, and the Nuggets take the Lakers to the wire. I'm unsure if the longer break will help the Celtics, but fingers crossed it will. The Nuggets seemed to work out how to limit scoring at the rim against the Lakers, which is going to help. Lets see if they can make the series interesting.
The Nuggets took their time but they worked out Utah eventually and the Clippers.

Denver gets one back. Lots of Lakers fans complaining about the refs !
It always funny because loads of other fans seem to be complaining that the refs are biased towards the Lakers. Are Lakers fans used to getting the better of the calls from refs, so when a game isn't called in their favour (and perhaps is just called fair?) they think they're being hard done by?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomad

TRENDING THREADS