• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

NBA / NCAA Basketball

Page 39 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
its hardly a failure when you have so many injuries, on the other hand, they could have been swept if they played a competent team (which luckily there isnt one in the east anyway :D), i kinda feel bad for Durant, he was great even tho its his fault to tie himself to a human ball and chain (irving)

hoping for 76ers in conference finals to pair with bucks - i really dont want to see more of bad trae young haircut - two teams that cannot stop shooting themselves in the foot, ultimately tho you can hardly not to cheer for Pandemic P and the Clippers, with kawhi and cp3 out he actually might be the best player left in the west, i would like Clippers to win it all, followed by bucks,76ers and suns

Nah, it's a failure. There's always going to be reasons but that team was put together to win a Championship and should have been able to get past the Bucks. Let's see how they go next year.

trae young goes 5/23 how do you lose a game like that :D ben simmons is awful, he hasnt improved at all since the day he was drafted

I've seen a few interviews with quotes about Simmons supposedly surrounding himself with family and "yes men", not listening to anyone, not training etc. Not sure how much I believe it, as I feel like Doc wouldn't stand for it, but it does seem to correlate with his performance. His excuse for not taking that dunk from under the basket and handing the ball off was laughable. The dude is 6' 11", he should never, ever be giving up the ball in a situation like that and he never used to, there's videos all over Youtube of him hammering dunks like that in much tougher situations. I'd even go so far as to say he's got worse since he was drafted.

And 34% FT in the play-offs?! I haven't played in literally years and I reckon I could beat that.

Clippers lose a close one. Next game critical for them.

Smart play by the Suns to take that win, should be a really good series.

Reactions: movingtarget
And the Bucks take it. Hard on Chris Paul to lose again, but Giannis needed this to stop the question marks over his ability.
And he did it without a super team although Middleton has definitely improved. The most impressive part of the win is that Giannis does it at both end s of the floor unlike most other current superstars and he doesn't use load management during the regular season to the degree that many others do.

Reactions: jmdirt
And he did it without a super team although Middleton has definitely improved. The most impressive part of the win is that Giannis does it at both end s of the floor unlike most other current superstars and he doesn't use load management during the regular season to the degree that many others do.
That's a very good point. It's also very important to note that he doesn't have the choice of load management that other guys have. The Bucks need him there. Sure, they can get a few wins without him, but if he takes time off like some do I don't think they're making the play-offs. The Celtics are in a similar spot. If the Jay's can't play they aren't going anywhere.

TRENDING THREADS