• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New Jerseys - 2012 Season - TeamKits-Maillots-Tricots-Tenues-and-Exotics

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
com_cyclingteam_complete.jpg

ramjambunath said:
Katusha looks nice, they never could do justice to the Kremlin on their strips. It never seemed imposing.

Has the GE strip been released? I'm asking because two or three websites are selling their jerseys with this image-
1314600647.jpg

The yellow on the right thigh looks like the rider's ****ting himself after seeing a speed bump.

The dummy doesn't make it look better either. Total shapelessness.:p

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Tuarts said:
Are people still thinking that is the real strip? FFS, I didn't think the average cycling fan was this stupid...

hahahaha - that and GE clothing technical sponsor is Santini - most definitely a china special.

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Can someone please tell me again...

is that the real Green Edge kit?

Because I noticed Marco Pinotti and I dodnt realise he was a Green Edge singing.

;)

:D

ramjambunath said:
Katusha looks nice, they never could do justice to the Kremlin on their strips. It never seemed imposing.

Has the GE strip been released? I'm asking because two or three websites are selling their jerseys with this image-
1314600647.jpg

The yellow on the right thigh looks like the rider's ****ting himself after seeing a speed bump.

This just totally made me LOL!!! ..also La Florecita's comment..
The manequin on the right looks like he's running away to find a WC and in trouble anyway. :D

in other words not showing the kit to its best advantage

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
That's the Specialized-Lululemon kit, the women's team founded from the ashes of HTC. It's not too bad but perhaps a bit too influenced by the characterless corporate jerseys in the men's péloton this last year or so.

I'm going to be keeping an eye out for them this year as I've raced with one of their new signings (Lauren Rowney). Also because once I was riding to a race and I got a flat (I was only 500m away), her dad who was driving to the race was kind enough to stop and give me a lift to the race so I could change the tube and sign on in time.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
I'm going to be keeping an eye out for them this year as I've raced with one of their new signings (Lauren Rowney). Also because once I was riding to a race and I got a flat (I was only 500m away), her dad who was driving to the race was kind enough to stop and give me a lift to the race so I could change the tube and sign on in time.

FYI Lululemon sells yoga clothes and other sportswear. I do wonder whether they're looking for a title sponsor, with the front of the jersey left blank.
facebook said:
"the website will be at http://www.velociosports.com/ and will launch on Jan 1, 2012"

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
craig1985 said:

That sounds like one hell of a guy.

taiwan said:
FYI Lululemon sells yoga clothes and other sportswear. I do wonder whether they're looking for a title sponsor, with the front of the jersey left blank.

This is women's cycling. Of course they're looking for a title sponsor. Selle Italia continued to sponsor a team long after their men's team had been bought out. This is the HTC team that is still around despite the disappearance of the men's unit, while several teams have had sponsors that haven't really been products (Michela Fanini Record Rox, Leontien.nl) or have simply been funded out of the team owner's back pockets where no sponsor could be found (Noris, Vision 1)

luckyboy said:
Haven't seen a nice kit yet. Katusha is really boring and characterless. FDJ is ok, mostly the same as last year obviously, but not a patch on the old four-leaf clover design.

I have to disagree about Katusha. Their kits have been a favorite of mine for the past several years; this year looks to be no different.

That Lululemon kit also looks nice--it's reminiscent of Liquigas from 2007:

Liquigas_BH-702579.jpg

(I'm pretty sure that's Pippo, second from left.)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
20111219-133049.jpg

another shot of a possible greenedge kit, the rider is African champion Daniel Teklehaimanot on an actual Scott Foil team bike.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Afrank said:
another shot of a possible greenedge kit, the rider is African champion Daniel Teklehaimanot on an actual Scott Foil team bike.
Is there any chance that that is the final kit? It looks pretty finished. Why are you going to spend all the time/money to design and produce an original kit that you'll be wearing in two races? You'd just use some off the shelf jersey.

[edit] note the detail: it's not a straight horizontal border between the black and white areas.

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Afrank said:
20111219-133049.jpg

I actually quite like the kit. Hope it is the final one... as taiwan said, it would be strange that they would produce an original kit for a few races

It's... bland. Corporate, and will be difficult to spot from above. But not quite as bad as the previous iteration.

Too many teams are going with what looks cool in the publicity shots and not enough are going with what looks good in an actual race. Far too much black and white these days. Where are the Saecos, the ONCEs, the T-Mobiles, the Liberty Seguroses?