• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New Jerseys - 2016 Season - TeamKits-Maillots-Tricots-Tenues

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: New Jerseys - 2016 Season - TeamKits-Maillots-Tricots-Te

hayzer114 said:
Any new National champions jerseys presented yet?

Greipel's German jersey should be decent and along the lines of his two previous ones.
You are right, but this was an easy shot :)

From Greipel's FB profile:
10868120_1517350655205722_8714733547161377544_n.jpg

Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Green with red accents would make them even more recognisable ;) and I might not mistake them for Tinkoff so often
Haha, I've had the same problem this year!

Maybe they'll design something that includes more red for 2017. Red helmets would make them easier to distinguish as well (in 2011 they become much more distinguishable when they switched helmets colour to blue mid season).

LaFlorecita said:
Oliwright said:
LaFlorecita said:
"We've got a new co-sponsor, should we design a new jersey?"
"Nah, let's just slap their red logo onto our entirely bright green jersey, that'll look just fine"

;)

The green makes them so recognisable though
Green with red accents would make them even more recognisable ;) and I might not mistake them for Tinkoff so often

This would have been epic! Like christmas all-year round. Personally i liked their mostly blackish with green details jersey from last year the best but this would have been something special.

About the changing of layout, UCI apparently only allows for one kit-change per season but this seems to have quite a bit of wiggleroom.

cmmc4ulwgaa12cy_670.jpg

Is it just a coincidence or does the new Cannondale-Drapac jersey still symbolize some connection to Garmin /the design is very similar to old Garmin-Slipstream jerseys, just different colours?/

Edit: Aww, I've noticed the Slipstream logo in the upper left side only now. So probably the team has more to do with Slipstream backup then Garmin:)

Re:

Martin said:
cmmc4ulwgaa12cy_670.jpg

Is it just a coincidence or does the new Cannondale-Drapac jersey still symbolize some connection to Garmin /the design is very similar to old Garmin-Slipstream jerseys, just different colours?/

The only similar thing I note is the Argyle, and that is a pattern of Vaughters teams and of Slipstream, the structure behind his teams. It's not a Garmin corporate thing. :)

I can't say I'm liking this new trend of new sponsors joining the fold just for the Tour (or the Giro in Wilier's case). I know it's always happened, but really feels like there's a spate of them at the moment, July-time new sponsors who couldn't give a rat's rear end about the first half of the racing calendar, just want to add their coin for the one big event and pay half a season's worth. I also know nobody's going to turn down additional sponsorship money (they'd be crazy to) and some of these sponsors are hardly fly-by-night (Drapac sponsor their own team, for example), it just doesn't sit right with me in a sport where the teams are so readily identified with their sponsors that several companies will sponsor a team all year round, then get shunted to secondary status or forced to share team billing with somebody who's only signed on for one race, the other races they stay for are just a bonus.

Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
I can't say I'm liking this new trend of new sponsors joining the fold just for the Tour (or the Giro in Wilier's case). I know it's always happened, but really feels like there's a spate of them at the moment, July-time new sponsors who couldn't give a rat's rear end about the first half of the racing calendar, just want to add their coin for the one big event and pay half a season's worth. I also know nobody's going to turn down additional sponsorship money (they'd be crazy to) and some of these sponsors are hardly fly-by-night (Drapac sponsor their own team, for example), it just doesn't sit right with me in a sport where the teams are so readily identified with their sponsors that several companies will sponsor a team all year round, then get shunted to secondary status or forced to share team billing with somebody who's only signed on for one race, the other races they stay for are just a bonus.

In fairness to Drapac, aside from their prior record in sponsoring other teams, they have apparently signed up to a five year sponsorship deal with Cannondale-Drapac and have taken an ownership share in Slipstream. That's pretty much the opposite of signing up just for one Tour and only paying for half a season's sponsorship.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

LaFlorecita said:
"We've got a new co-sponsor, should we design a new jersey?"
"Nah, let's just slap their red logo onto our entirely bright green jersey, that'll look just fine"

;)
Every single Italian proconti team would probably do the same, but they still need 4-5 more sponsors on the jersey to reach that level. :D

Re: New Jerseys - 2016 Season - TeamKits-Maillots-Tricots-Te

$_57.JPG

Rumoured kit for the Irish Olympic team.

Wonder who are the manufacturers as New Balance do not manufacture cycling kit and the fabric pattern is not similar to other established brands.

As i said there has been no official press release but logos and overall shamrock design are in keeping with the rest of the official olympic kit unless it was an early prototype/trial design.

Previous irish olympic kits have poor
London
david-mccann-nicolas-roche-and-dan-martin-of-ireland-look-on-ahead-of-picture-id149444730

Beijing
INPHO_00301691.jpg

Zinoviev Letter said:
In fairness to Drapac, aside from their prior record in sponsoring other teams, they have apparently signed up to a five year sponsorship deal with Cannondale-Drapac and have taken an ownership share in Slipstream. That's pretty much the opposite of signing up just for one Tour and only paying for half a season's sponsorship.
Very true.

However I'm more disappointed that they will lose their Australian identity in the merger with Cannondale/Liquigas and Slipstream/Garmin. Most of all, I'm annoyed that their jersey goes from this:

jerseyfront.jpg

To this:

cmmc4ulwgaa12cy_670.jpg

TRENDING THREADS