• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New Jerseys - 2024 Season - TeamKits-Maillots-Tricots-Tenues

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
True about protecting the brand recognition. But I thought the same was true for the Giro pink, especially since the original race sponsor, La Gazetta, still prints a pink newspaper (or it was the last time I saw one). But I don’t think there have been as many pro kits in pink aside from EF and old Telekom/T-Mobile, so it doesn’t come up as often?
And few, if any, other leader's kit in pink, so whether it is a GT issue is moot.

Other team sports have  home and away jerseys for the whole season.
Waaay too complicated to implement something similar in cycling I assume.

Definitely! Could you imagine if during stage 4 of theTour this year, all the French team had to stop and change from their "away" jerseys, to their "home" jerseys?
Or what about that stage in the Giro where they kept crossing back-and-forth between Italy and Slovenia?

True about protecting the brand recognition. But I thought the same was true for the Giro pink, especially since the original race sponsor, La Gazetta, still prints a pink newspaper (or it was the last time I saw one). But I don’t think there have been as many pro kits in pink aside from EF and old Telekom/T-Mobile, so it doesn’t come up as often?
Sufficiently distinct colours:

292105-24334907-2560-1440.jpg

The thing is it makes no sense why VismaLease bike have yellow jerseys anyway as neither of their main sponsors use that colourway.

It's almost like they went people will forget who we are if we aren't yellow anymore.

So they could have designed something that wouldn't clash, but chose not to

Yup, they're going to want to keep black and yellow as the main thematic colours since they've fully embraced the whole "killer bees" identity - and in the process, to my disgust, further bringing shame by association to the good name of the Wu Tang Clan.

They must have enjoyed the Alcaraz-Tsitsipas match from a few days ago.

I was befuddled that they didn't play Wiz Khalifa's Black and Yellow song in all the changeovers.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan