• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New Jerseys - 2024 Season - TeamKits-Maillots-Tricots-Tenues

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
That right shoulder on the Bora kit is light green, not yellow. The Hindley photo makes it look yellow but you can see in this photo that it is actually light green.

dWH4zCfqQN8CSbTf26PyH5-1200-80.jpg.webp

Reactions: Sandisfan
That right shoulder on the Bora kit is light green, not yellow. The Hindley photo makes it look yellow but you can see in this photo that it is actually light green.
Despite what you and whoever wrote the Cyclingnews headline see, I see yellow*, as did RHD, Sciatic & Rackham.

In general it's best to avoid definitive statements when referring to colour perception.
a) The Hindley photo is an actual jersey, yours is a computer generated image of how it was intended to look, before the right sleeve sponsor name was added.
b) People see colours differently, even between left and right eyes on occasion.
c) There are learned differences in what name to use for a colour, The turquoise colours between blue and green are notorious for this.
d) expectations derived from the surrounding parts of the image can have a profound impact. You may remember The Dress, a photo of a black & blue dress that went viral in 2015, with about 2/3 of many millions of viewers seeing it as white & gold.

* RGB values picked from the right sleeve of the two images: 216,220,141 & 239,228,138

dWH4zCfqQN8CSbTf26PyH5-1200-80.jpg.webp
Looks a lot better on that picture than it does on the Hindley one. Think I would have preferred regular yellow, though, but it will be distinct regardless at least.

Despite what you and whoever wrote the Cyclingnews headline see, I see yellow*, as did RHD, Sciatic & Rackham.

In general it's best to avoid definitive statements when referring to colour perception.
a) The Hindley photo is an actual jersey, yours is a computer generated image of how it was intended to look, before the right sleeve sponsor name was added.
b) People see colours differently, even between left and right eyes on occasion.
c) There are learned differences in what name to use for a colour, The turquoise colours between blue and green are notorious for this.
d) expectations derived from the surrounding parts of the image can have a profound impact. You may remember The Dress, a photo of a black & blue dress that went viral in 2015, with about 2/3 of many millions of viewers seeing it as white & gold.

* RGB values picked from the right sleeve of the two images: 216,220,141 & 239,228,138
Lemon-lime?

• Haha

I also saw yellow....which is why I made that reference to Hindley and the Australian national colours.

I assume that the cyclingnews journalist would have contacted the BOH PR department to confirm the official colours. No journalist worth their salt is going to run with a headline without 100% checking the facts.

The new Bora kit is my favourite so far. I love the lime green addition.

My least favourite kit is the new Bahrain one. Too white, too bland. The orange, red, black with the beautiful sky blue looked gorgeous.

Therrs too many whiteish kits, going to be hard to tell some teams apart from any distant camera shots. UAE need a drop of colour, at least on the sleeves! Astana kit is quite nice. Can't wait to see Visma's new kit!!

Last edited:
The new Bora kit is my favourite so far. I love the lime green addition.

My least favourite kit is the new Bahrain one. Too white, too bland. The orange, red, black with the beautiful sky blue looked gorgeous.

Therrs too many whiteish kits, going to be hard to tell some teams apart from any distant camera shots. UAE need a drop of colour, at least on the sleeves! Bahrain kit is quite nice. Can't wait to see Visma's new kit!!

You sure changed your opinion quickly about the Bahrain kit! ;)