• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New Moderators

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

I keep waiting for one of the suits to PM me asking if I'll moderate so I can tell them, "No".:)

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome. You'll probably find that I keep a fairly low mod profile until I get a better grasp on what I'm doing.

The Hitch said:
I dont know why you all took on the jobs though.
When they called for mods, I laughed to myself and shook my head. Then I thought, well I've been putting posts in the moderators thread so maybe I need to step off the sidelines and lend a hand. I'm sure there are other heads shaking now.

forty four said:
all that is needed is moderators who can be absolutely free of opinions...
I'm afraid that is unrealistic, we are human and come with opinions. But hopefully I can temper them and keep my own bias out of moderation duties until the day that improvements in technology result in the first batch of CN forum robots.

Hugh Januss said:
With regard to the new mods, welcome aboard, you all suck, please don't ban me.:D
1) Thank you. 2) Er.... thanks? 3) They gave me the keys to the mansion but not the combination to the gun cabinet. You're safe... for now.

auscyclefan94 said:
More mods added. Lets see if there will be some action...:rolleyes: Just a band aid on some real problems.
Wow, I hadn't even found out I was a mod and you'd already called me a band aid... damn this IS going to be fun. Seriously, I can tell you with sincerity that the mods/admins have had long and active discussions about many situations and they do react to member feedback. Make suggestions for improvements, but recognize that the forum might not be moderated exactly as you would choose.

A

Anonymous

Barrus said:
You had not even applied :rolleyes:

To be fair, he couldnt apply because he couldnt pm any of you because he was under suspension. :confused:

One might almost suspect you lot suspended tff deliberately while the application process was underway. ;)

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
To be fair, he couldnt apply because he couldnt pm any of you because he was under suspension. :confused:

One might almost suspect you lot suspended tff deliberately while the application process was underway. ;)

ssshhh, he was not supposed to know that. We deliberately banned a lot of people during this time, just so that they could not apply :p;)

I don't understand why there were so much applicants. I've bene admin and mod on a cycling-related forum (multiple actually), you just don't want to :p As françois said, it's a pretty thankless job. I wouldn't want it anymore (especially not volunteering)

Good luck though :D

A

Anonymous

TeamSkyFans said:

Or maybe I got myself suspended during that process so that I didn't have to apply and get shot down thereby adding to the mountain of self esteem issues I have? But then again, if I am that calculating, I might be pretty smart, and therefore have some assets that are worth feeling good about? Then again, maybe I jumped to an opinion a little too quickly, and got my just desserts?

Either way, I am back and I am a new man!...:D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Yeah well, I recently got 2 points as well and I almost never agree with a single god damn thing that you post. Maybe it's not the message but the delivery?

With regard to the new mods, welcome aboard, you all suck, please don't ban me.:D

well im not p.c. and i speak freely and directly in this day and age that is considered purposely hostile which is quite unfortunate as thats not the case.
i take these forums with a grain of salt lately it is what it is.:cool:

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
WTF? What about Wonderlance?

Or has he been appointed as a mod to oversee the mods... a 'Supermod?'

Or maybe he is just too busy fighting Cancer? & Jeff?

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Spider1964 said:
WTF? What about Wonderlance?

Or has he been appointed as a mod to oversee the mods... a 'Supermod?'

Or maybe he is just too busy fighting Cancer? & Jeff?

Wonderlance was so overqualified for the position, it was embarrassing.

Plus CN gets revenue from traffic. If he would deploy even half his natural skills here, the usual baker's dozen would stop complaining about the ****-poor moderation here, halving our forum's traffic, hitting the site right in the financial voolnerables, endangering the very existence of this forum.

So, it was decided that we should continue handing out dubious and hotly contested rulings, so our ad imprint figures, and page visits figures, would remain healthy.

Our next scheme is to hand out week-long bans to anyone who dares to state that the Omloop isn't the real start of the cycling season, or that Gesink is soft after all (with a special ring of hell reserved for the twerp that started that meme).

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Just curious with both new mods and old mods following this thread

Is there a possibility to upgrade the forum software to V-bulletin version 4?

I'm not sure what version CN currently runs here but the new version has more features..etc..

Thank you for considering...

Francois the Postman said:
Our next scheme is to hand out week-long bans to anyone who dares to state that the Omloop isn't the real start of the cycling season, or that Gesink is soft after all

Looks like my race is run. CN finaly worked out my presence halves traffic.

Ill try to go out with a bang though. Maybe a " Bobby meet karma, karma meet Bobby" thread next time Gesink falls.

with a special ring of hell reserved f
Its a good thing then that you only control the virtual world, and not the afterlife.

I would have ben mightly screwed, what with my avatar, name and signature being blasphemus against god in heaven, and my postings being blasphemus against his Orange soldiers on earth.

Dont get me wrong, you had me for a second. Do they not say that the devil is who you least expect.

But you gave yourself away when you said there would be rings in hell. Rings are in heaven, rungs are in hell. Yes the i and the u are close to eachother on the keyboard, but Francois rarely makes any spelling mistakes, and the devil even less.

So to conclude, you can take away our accounts you can crush our opinions, you can destroy our existence, but you can never take our souls.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
nickel999 said:
Just curious with both new mods and old mods following this thread

Is there a possibility to upgrade the forum software to V-bulletin version 4?

I'm not sure what version CN currently runs here but the new version has more features..etc..

Thank you for considering...

We are not in charge of the platform for the forum, CN is. I can and will pass on the request, but software issues are beyond our remit.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
But you gave yourself away when you said there would be rings in hell. Rings are in heaven, rungs are in hell. Yes the i and the u are close to eachother on the keyboard, but Francois rarely makes any spelling mistakes, and the devil even less.

It was a double Dantendre. The Devil is in the detail :cool:

That, or there is a deep frying wok with your name on being brought up to temperature.