• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

New shoe recommendations

Jun 18, 2009
2,079
2
0
Visit site
My Sidi zetas are feeling a little tired these days so looking at some new shoes. I love the fit of the Sidis but the Zetas aren't the best ventilated.

What do you guys like for shoes these days?
 
Aug 4, 2009
1,056
1
0
Visit site
I have Sidi genius but I also have shimano that I prefer they are stiff and strong and last for years.

Get a good fit and forget the heat molding.
 
Jun 20, 2009
654
0
0
Visit site
richwagmn said:
My Sidi zetas are feeling a little tired these days so looking at some new shoes. I love the fit of the Sidis but the Zetas aren't the best ventilated.

What do you guys like for shoes these days?

Grrr, I am envious of those who find Sidi a good fit :D. My hoofs are too wide unfortunately.

I went heat moldable Louis Garneau and they rock. First time in 20+ years of riding that my feet don't hurt after 3 hours in the saddle
 
laziali said:
Grrr, I am envious of those who find Sidi a good fit :D. My hoofs are too wide unfortunately.

I went heat moldable Louis Garneau and they rock. First time in 20+ years of riding that my feet don't hurt after 3 hours in the saddle


Have you tried Sidis in the mega width?
 
May 12, 2009
207
0
0
Visit site
I've got the Shimano R300. Very stiff, well-ventilated. Heat-molded, which worked well for me. And available in wide for my pontoon-like feet.
 
Started with Sidis.
Tried Diadoras.
Went back to Sidis.
Tried Lakes.
Went back to Sidis.
Tried Carnacs.
Went back to Sidis.
Tried Gaerne.
Went back to Sidis.
Tried Nikes.
Went back to Sidis.
Tried SPDs.
Went back to Sidis.

It might not be obvious to the untrained eye but I think I detect a pattern.
 
Oct 24, 2009
61
0
0
Visit site
I have been in Sidi mega's for the last 10 years and for the 1st time tried a pair of northwave aerlite sbs. 1st thing I noticed is no heal slip! (unlike the Sidi's). Absolutely the best move I've ever made!
 
Jun 20, 2009
654
0
0
Visit site
Black Dog said:
Have you tried Sidis in the mega width?

Yup, but unfortunately not wide enough. A pity, because apart from the personal fit issue, Sidis were the best shoes I ever had. My 1992 Genius2 were just awesome for their time.
 
Jan 4, 2010
115
0
0
Visit site
laziali said:
Yup, but unfortunately not wide enough. A pity, because apart from the personal fit issue, Sidis were the best shoes I ever had. My 1992 Genius2 were just awesome for their time.

I tried the Lakes but they were too wide for me and I generaly have a wide foot.