• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

O Gran Camiño 2024, Spain, February 22-25

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ok, got teased and just watched last 40k.
Vingo dropping Egan by the wheel ~1k before summit at small 7% section, not that surprising if it has been a long endurance stage.
But must've hit Egan's self-confidence getting dropped at the wheel in shelter of headwinds in some 315m desnivelée of which his closest competitor is just steadily pulling before jump. Whow, what a punch in his stomach.

And Jefferson Cepeda, wow, looking for more to come.

A pity with the weather in this beautiful region, but at least we had a race.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Ok, got teased and just watched last 40k.
Vingo dropping Egan by the wheel ~1k before summit at small 7% section, not that surprising if it has been a long endurance stage.
But must've hit Egan's self-confidence getting dropped at the wheel in shelter of headwinds in some 315m desnivelée of which his closest competitor is just steadily pulling before jump. Whow, what a punch in his stomach.

And Jefferson Cepeda, wow, looking for more to come.

A pity with the weather in this beautiful region, but at least we had a race.
I think you are a little premature in your judgement. There were other riders in the race? We will see how his season unfolds but I think it was a solid result.

Does TV2 have a bit of an obsession for Vingegaard, by any chance? :D

CWRwIZQ.png

I think you are a little premature in your judgement. There were other riders in the race? We will see how his season unfolds but I think it was a solid result.
Oh there were. And but fully aware Uijtdebroecks' performance is in the helper's role now for instance.

But on par with a Bernal surely in progress - taking out Vingo other-league of the equation it still was quite remarkable to me.