• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

O Gran Camiño 2024, Spain, February 22-25

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I was a fan of puncheurs when the trendy social credit score thing to do was dump on Valverde. So I'll say I'm at least consistent: there's nothing more exciting than an uphill demolition job in the final 500 meters.

I never cared for long rangers because the suspense for the win is non-existent.
Although seeing Stage 2's recap of the super wet riding conditions you have to admit Jonas did the wisest thing. Get away from everyone to assure a damage-free finish.

Not gonna lie, in this sort of form it's just really kinda sad Vingegaard isn't racing Strade or the Ardennes.
With what he is showing w some pretty long attacks, he can time trial alone from @40k and turn on a blistering pace and if you put some bumps in there his split times riding alone up hills are equal or bit faster than the chasers. I personally have never been able to self pace and to see a guy who can just kill himself riding alone is absolutely awesome, today he never stopped w a great cadence up, downhill and on the flats, looked like a sewing machine on high..really impressive..

Incredible form Vingegaard is showing already. Rather frightening for where he might be by July. At least Vingo can bury complaints that he does little outside the TdF. Tomorrow likely another exhibition. The rest of us can hope that Bernal can continue to perform well in the competition for 2nd place.
Him only performing in the TdF was always a saying of the willfully blind. 2022 was completely focused on the tour to see if it was even possible to win it, both before and after was very different.

Yeah he delivers in stage races all year, and always a spectacle. There’s no denying that. No classics, which is a shame, but when you’re the best GC rider of your generation and clearly don’t have the capacity to challenge the best classic riders, it makes more sense to chase the historical greats IMO.
You don't think he could win Lombardia or LBL with Visma's team? Or San Sebastian?

Reactions: Sandisfan
I guess Jonas is compelled to always attack now but then again the whole point in participating in such race is to do exactly that. Hopefully the field was resting a bit and we will get some fireworks on stage 4. Bernal likely can't do it alone, for the rest i hope some are hiding some form for the finale.

So hopefully for stage 4 to deliver a bit more then this exhibition rides by Jonas.

I guess Jonas is compelled to always attack now but then again the whole point in participating in such race is to do exactly that. Hopefully the field was resting a bit and we will get some fireworks on stage 4. Bernal likely can't do it alone, for the rest i hope some are hiding some form for the finale.

So hopefully for stage 4 to deliver a bit more then this exhibition rides by Jonas.
Clearly @CyclistAbi was not entertained.

• Haha
Clearly @CyclistAbi was not entertained.

From the beginning i am more or less in it for stage 4. For the rest i watch some recaps and do a bit of analysing. So lets see if Jonas can put a minute into the rest tomorrow, that could count as borderline entertainment. Or if Jonas doesn't win the stage, that would be interesting too. If Jonas wins tomorrow by less then a minute, then meh.

Last edited:
  • Wow
From the beginning i am more or less in it for stage 4. For the rest i watch some recaps and do a bit of analysing. So lets see if Jonas can put a minute into the rest tomorrow, that could count as borderline entertainment. Or if Jonas doesn't win the stage, that would be interesting too. If Jonas wins tomorrow by less then a minute, then meh.
You are more demanding with Vingegaard than with Roglic dear @CyclistAbi .