• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official "another interesting piece I found on Floyd Landis" Thread

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

StyrbjornSterki said:
fmk_RoI said:
The interviewer was horrible beyond belief. Except for departing on the occasional social justice tangent, FLandis wasn't that bad. He did make a couple points I found relevant. He admitted he had used HGH, which I don't recall hearing/reading him admitting before. And he also stated that peptides were the PED du jour in the peloton because they are infinitely manipulate-able to evade detection. I'd been wondering what new PEDs they were up to ever since Contador's positive, because whatever it was gave him the ability to attack like he had a rocket up his bum (and which didn't return after his suspension), it wasn't clenbuterol in parts per billion.
I can't work out if the interviewer even knew why he was talking to Landis. He tried a couple of times to turn things to his self-help punchline ("Learning How to Take Your Life Back & Overcome Rejection") but generally just trotted through a fairly familiar story that could have been researched straight off Wiki.

WRT peptides: the question I have to ask is how Landis knows this. One moment he says he doesn't follow the sport, maybe watches it the odd time on TV, then you get this. Is it secondhand from his business partner?

Floyd's got weed to sell, so he's got to have an opinion.

On WADA and the IOC:
"But the one thing to this day that really bothers me – and I think everyone sees it for what it really is – is that WADA pointed the finger at me as if I was the bad guy and they were the good guys. We know that WADA are paid for by the IOC, and there's nothing that anyone can do to change that, but the most upsetting point – and this especially applies to Travis Tygart – is that he likes to say that he's protecting clean athletes.

"He's holding me up and putting me on a pedestal and saying I'm an example of what you shouldn't be, and that the reason they're destroying my career is because they're protecting clean athletes, but where the *** was he when I was 20 years old? We weren't allowed to be the clean athletes that they were meant to be protecting. Nobody protected us. Nobody. He refuses to acknowledge that and, until they do, they're not going to get any respect from athletes."
On being "the disgraced former Tour winner":
"I don't know if it's because they hate me, but it's surprising to this day that respected publications still call me the 'disgraced cyclist'. Like they can't think of another *** name for me. It's bizarre," Landis says after checking his daughter is out of earshot.

"I've done a lot of things, and that's one of them, but that somehow became my title," he says as he reclines in his chair.

"I don't know how long that's going to stay my title, but if that's all they can think of, then they haven't been paying attention."
On Valverde:
"At the end of the day, it's not Valverde's fault. People should be angry – but at the people who are selling them the idea that drug tests are working and that they're cleaning it up. All of the evidence, other than what they're saying, points to the opposite. Valverde's just taking advantage of a system that's broken, and they refuse to fix it. They refuse.

"If they wanted to get the truth – and I said this to Travis the first time I met him – then you give everyone immunity and just find out what's going on. But they don't want to do that because it would bring down the entire Olympic system. If you find out from everyone how it works, then the whole thing collapses. They don't want that at any cost. Valverde isn't the problem. He won, so good for him, good job. People get worked up but, at the end of the day, they're getting mad at the wrong people."
And on and on and on he goes...

Re:

fmk_RoI said:
Floyd's got weed to sell, so he's got to have an opinion.

On WADA and the IOC:
"But the one thing to this day that really bothers me – and I think everyone sees it for what it really is – is that WADA pointed the finger at me as if I was the bad guy and they were the good guys. We know that WADA are paid for by the IOC, and there's nothing that anyone can do to change that, but the most upsetting point – and this especially applies to Travis Tygart – is that he likes to say that he's protecting clean athletes.

"He's holding me up and putting me on a pedestal and saying I'm an example of what you shouldn't be, and that the reason they're destroying my career is because they're protecting clean athletes, but where the **** was he when I was 20 years old? We weren't allowed to be the clean athletes that they were meant to be protecting. Nobody protected us. Nobody. He refuses to acknowledge that and, until they do, they're not going to get any respect from athletes."
On being "the disgraced former Tour winner":
"I don't know if it's because they hate me, but it's surprising to this day that respected publications still call me the 'disgraced cyclist'. Like they can't think of another **** name for me. It's bizarre," Landis says after checking his daughter is out of earshot.

"I've done a lot of things, and that's one of them, but that somehow became my title," he says as he reclines in his chair.

"I don't know how long that's going to stay my title, but if that's all they can think of, then they haven't been paying attention."
On Valverde:
"At the end of the day, it's not Valverde's fault. People should be angry – but at the people who are selling them the idea that drug tests are working and that they're cleaning it up. All of the evidence, other than what they're saying, points to the opposite. Valverde's just taking advantage of a system that's broken, and they refuse to fix it. They refuse.

"If they wanted to get the truth – and I said this to Travis the first time I met him – then you give everyone immunity and just find out what's going on. But they don't want to do that because it would bring down the entire Olympic system. If you find out from everyone how it works, then the whole thing collapses. They don't want that at any cost. Valverde isn't the problem. He won, so good for him, good job. People get worked up but, at the end of the day, they're getting mad at the wrong people."
And on and on and on he goes...

The immunize idea is brilliant. The corruption it would expose would be staggering. Anybody know whether Fraud paid back his victims?

TRENDING THREADS