• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official lance armstrong thread, part 2 (from september 2012)

Page 83 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Very interesting...back to Lance being mean to Landis, although Floyd conveniently forgot that he got a lot of money to defend himself from the Weisel group.

According to this article that USADA investigation nearly didn't pan out and there is no trace of a DOJ official listening in on the interviews with Grand Jury transcripts? That info always seemed a bit odd.

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Maxiton said:
New York Times: How Lance Armstrong's Wall of Silence Fell Rider by Rider

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/21/s...-one-rider-at-a-time.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

armstrong-articleLarge-v2.jpg

Real Gone by Sheryl Crow

I'm American made but I like Chevrolet
My momma taught me wrong from right.

I was born in the South
Sometimes I have a big mouth
When I see something that I don't like
I gotta say it.

Well, we've been driving this road for a mighty long time
Paying no mind to the signs
Well, this neighborhood's changed
It's all been rearranged
We left that team somewhere behind.

Slow down, you're gonna crash,
Baby you're a-screaming it's a blast, blast, blast
Look out babe, you've got your blinders on
Everybody's looking for a way to get real gone
Real gone.
Real gone.

But there's a new cat in town
He's got high-faded friends
Thinks he's gonna change history

You think you know him so well
Yeah you think he's so swell
But it's just a front you wait and see

Look out, you've got your blinders on
Everybody's looking for a way
To get real gone
Real gone.
Real gone.
Real gone.
Uhh.

Well you can say what you want
But you can't say it 'round here
'Cause they'll catch you and give you a whippin'

Well, I believe I was right when I said you were wrong
You didn't like the sound of that
Now, did ya?

Look out, you've got your blinders on

Well here I come and I'm so not scared,
Got my pedal to the metal, got my hands in the air
Look out, you take your blinders off
Real gone.
Real gone.
Ooh.
Real gone.
Real gone.

Zweistein said:
Real Gone by Sheryl Crow

I'm American made, Bud Light, Chevrolet My momma taught me wrong from right I was born in the South, sometimes I have a big mouth When I see something that I don't like I gotta say it
We been driving this road for a mighty long time Payin' no mind to the signs Well this neighborhood's changed, it's all been rearranged We left that change somewhere behind
Slow down, you're gonna crash Baby you were screamin', it's a blast, blast, blast Look out babe you got your blinders on Everybody's lookin' for a way to get real gone Real gone, real gone
There's a new cat in town, he's got high paid friends Thinks he's gonna change history You think you know him so well Yeah you think he's so swell But he's just perpetuatin' prophecy Come on now
Slow down, you're gonna crash Baby, you were screamin', it's a blast, blast, blast Look out, you got your blinders on Everybody's lookin' for a way To get real gone, real gone Real gone, real gone, uh
Well, you can say what you want but you can't say it 'round here 'Cause they'll catch you and give you a whippin' Well, I believe I was right when I said you were wrong You didn't like the sound of that Now did ya?
Slow down, you're gonna crash Baby, you were screamin', it's a blast, blast, blast Look out, you got your blinders on Everybody's lookin' for a way to get real gone
Well, here I come and I'm so not scared Got my pedal to the metal, got my hands in the air Well, look out, you take your blinders off Everybody's lookin' for a way to get real gone Real gone, real gone, ooh! Real gone, real gone

That sounds as if it's totally about Lance.

I'd like to see a television interview with several riders on at the same time. Tyler, Floyd, JV, Dave Zabriskie, and one or two more. I can't see George Hincapie condescending to an interview, he admitted because he had to. Can't see him EVER doing an interview. Perhaps one or two of those who walked away when faced with doping.

webvan said:
Very interesting...back to Lance being mean to Landis, although Floyd conveniently forgot that he got a lot of money to defend himself from the Weisel group.

According to this article that USADA investigation nearly didn't pan out and there is no trace of a DOJ official listening in on the interviews with Grand Jury transcripts? That info always seemed a bit odd.

An interesting note in the USADA reasoned decision...Emma O Reilly 's testimony...#84..if trouble came up or she was caught first person she would call --Tom Weisel.

gooner said:
This is Robbie Hatch who has commentated on a few races this year for Eurosport.

Unbelievable if true, Verbruggen and McQuaid have some neck on them.

If the UCI take this to CAS and get their way in the end, I am finished with cycling for good.

No they have wonderboy and his wealthy guys breathing down their neck...

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I said from the beginning that UCI would appeal, if they are going to have their money train put in danger, they, along with Armstrong, are going to scorch the earth that used to be cycling.

They don't care at all, they'll destroy it for a generation to prove a point.

Maxiton said:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/21/s...-one-rider-at-a-time.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

It's actually pretty incredible that Tygart was able to get the affidavits he did. The UCI, which has everything to lose, will probably announce tomorrow, although I hope the rumors are wrong about this, that it will fight USADA in CAS. They are a spineless and thoroughly corrupt organization. If so, then it should be a real blood bath and I hope that the governing body of cycling comes away irreparably damaged.

So with 7 hours and 30 minutes to stew...

Another sticky wicket and further indication of a sham is the news that LA resigned as chairman of the Board of LAF/Livestrong.

The under-reported reality is that yes he is no longer chairman, but he still sits on the BOD?

Another bait and switch by the Liestrong camp.

Most of the public will assume Livestrong cut all ties, not true.

The cult lives on.

Still firmly entrenched.

Business as usual, with all sponsors still attached to the new submariner LA/LiveStrong/LAF?

~ Sir WTF

May 14, 2010
Visit site
rhubroma said:
It's actually pretty incredible that Tygart was able to get the affidavits he did. The UCI, which has everything to lose, will probably announce tomorrow, although I hope the rumors are wrong about this, that it will fight USADA in CAS. They are a spineless and thoroughly corrupt organization. If so, then it should be a real blood bath and I hope that the governing body of cycling comes away irreparably damaged.

I agree, it is incredible. I think his success in getting the testimony and then affidavits is directly attributable to the federal investigation - the testimony having already been coerced under subpoena and limited immunity. The cat was out of the bag.

I would be surprised if UCI disputes these findings. At this point I think they know they have no choice but to cut their losses (and their protege's throat; he's dead anyway, so it doesn't matter - not that they would care if he was quite alive and it did matter, if it served their own personal interests). They'll uphold the USADA findings, I think. (Though I hope they do otherwise, as it will hasten their demise.)

Maxiton said:
I agree, it is incredible. I think his success in getting the testimony and then affidavits is directly attributable to the federal investigation - the testimony having already been coerced under subpoena and limited immunity. The cat was out of the bag.

I would be surprised if UCI disputes these findings. At this point I think they know they have no choice but to cut their losses (and their protege's throat; he's dead anyway, so it doesn't matter - not that they would care if he was quite alive and it did matter, if it served their own personal interests). They'll uphold the USADA findings, I think. (Though I hope they do otherwise, as it will hasten their demise.)

Let's hope so!

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Maxiton said:

But what will it really mean?

Go with USADA, they then leave Armstrong out in the wind and move on and nothing gets them (UCI) dirty.

Against USADA, and then will USADA need to provide the smoking gun?

What is next?

If the UCI isn't brought up on charges then it means the riders testimonies are not enough or was Armstrong just overstating his questionable test results since those Tour of Swiss tests have not come out to be conclusive?

It all seems to fall flat at present.

ElChingon said:
But what will it really mean?

Go with USADA, they then leave Armstrong out in the wind and move on and nothing gets them (UCI) dirty.

Against USADA, and then will USADA need to provide the smoking gun?

What is next?

If the UCI isn't brought up on charges then it means the riders testimonies are not enough or was Armstrong just overstating his questionable test results since those Tour of Swiss tests have not come out to be conclusive?

It all seems to fall flat at present.

I say the Swiss lab was in on it. Didn't Tyler say Bruyneel and a UCI rep. met with the lab director or something like that, and then it was taken care of?

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
rhubroma said:
I say the Swiss lab was in on it. Didn't Tyler say Bruyneel and a UCI rep. met with the lab director or something like that, and then it was taken care of?

I think the last release confirms that, but they too are cutting their losses, hence the 2002 reference / suggestion. A lot of people are ready to throw former UCI accomplices under the bus but are holding back and will only do so if they really need to. That need hasn't arisen yet, but the threat is there.