• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession)

Page 179 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Crow makes a good point, Betsy seems very bitter....Lance was part of Crow's life for just three years and he cheated in bike racing....most people i'm sure couldnt give a toss, Crow seems relaxed about it as she should be....Betsy on the other hand.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
JRTinMA said:
I didn't know Betsy said those things about her. She has to reign her anger in she didn't even know Cheryl according to the article. Betsy needs to make amends here and maybe ask Cheryl about tips on "moving on".

Trolltasitc!

As the T-Shirt says, Betsy was right

“Sheryl was by his side when he was trying to destroy people and she said nothing. That’s unconscionable. It just astounds me.”

JRTinMA said:
I didn't know Betsy said those things about her. She has to reign her anger in she didn't even know Cheryl according to the article. Betsy needs to make amends here and maybe ask Cheryl about tips on "moving on".

I'm in agreement. You shouldn't chastise someone's wife or partner to "speak".

That behavior is the realm of Lance. Should never stoop to that level. The Feds spoke to Sheryl. That's the time & place for that discussion.

thehog said:

That behavior is the realm of Lance. Should never stoop to that level. The Feds spoke to Sheryl. That's the time & place for that discussion.

She's a bully. I guess thats why her and lance never could get along. Personalities were just to similar. Good point hog.

JRTinMA said:
She's a bully. I guess thats why her and lance never could get along. Personalities were just to similar. Good point hog.

Plus Sheryl did a 1 hour 26m for d'Huez!

Crow was done over by Lance. She has incentive to rub his face in it. But there's a time to move on. Crow being a celebrity only knows too well of airing the dirty laundry of another. Celebrity omertà is just as strong as cycling omertà.

The real dirt is with Kik. But she's has spousal privilege.

I was just thinking how awful it would be for Lance's case vs. USPS if the US gets to put Lance's threat after threat after threat in front of the jury to prove that Lance fraudulently concealed his doping (to avoid the SOL), and then examines Lance over each individual threat. Any jury will positively loathe him after that--and they'd be the people deciding money damages....

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:

You change your mind fast

thehog said:
Sheryl did d'Huez in 89 minutes.

I'm starting to suspect her time.

Do you think she nailed a bag as well?

thehog said:
She would have looked in the closet in Girona. She spent some time there & followed him all around Europe in 2005 to write that p1ssy album.

F0ck it. Call Sheryl Crow as a witnesses. Make it a celeb trial. Gets fans holding a vigil out the front.

thehog said:
Darn get Sheryl on the stand. We broke up because Lance took me to the 2005 Tour so he could hide his blood and coke in my guitar case.

thehog said:
Oh god please. Get rid of her. The pain, the pain. You're a drug mule. Plain and simple.

All i want to do is transport drugs in a dog Kennel

Not at all. Speak to the Feds and that what she did. She didn't decline.

That's just what Vaughters did. He didn't speak in public either. Or is he treated differently?

And to be fair; It's not for others to tell her to speak out in public.

She's a rock star. I don't think it's difficult to understand. Nothing gained from her telling all.

Give her a break.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:

That's just what Vaughters did. He didn't speak in public either. Or is he treated differently?

She's a rock star. I don't think it's difficult to understand. Nothing gained from her telling all.

Give her a break.

You should read what Betsy actually said before you stick up for bullies and their enablers

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:

Give her a break.

That's the important part. Y'all need to stop judging Crow according clinic, or cycling, moral standards. No one ever said Keith Richards cheated because he used drugs to stay up all night writing songs or Hendrix should lay off the LSD because it gave him an unfair advantage in writing psychedelic lyrics. Why on earth would anyone expect a rock star to be anti-drug? It's a different culture. With the smuggling and needles, she probably just thought that Lance was the Keith Richards of pro cycling, and that was just fine by her.

Race Radio said:
You should read what Betsy actually said before you stick up for bullies and their enablers

Your a good guy Race Radio but less rhetoric. Try not to draw everything down into "I'm right, you're wrong"

Middle ground might be your new friend.

No one is sticking up for bullies and enablers. Your defending your friend Betsy. That is understandable and very noble of you.

My point is nothing can be gained from chastising Crow in public. Crow responsibility is the law and to speaking with the Feds. That she did.

As did Vaughters.

I think Betsy is a marvel. What she endured and he lengths she went to is astounding and most admirable.

I know you actually get it but you just want to show me up. So that's fine.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Wallace said:
That's the important part. Y'all need to stop judging Crow according clinic, or cycling, moral standards. No one ever said Keith Richards cheated because he used drugs to stay up all night writing songs or Hendrix should lay off the LSD because it gave him an unfair advantage in writing psychedelic lyrics. Why on earth would anyone expect a rock star to be anti-drug? It's a different culture. With the smuggling and needles, she probably just thought that Lance was the Keith Richards of pro cycling, and that was just fine by her.

Is ruining people also part of being a rock star?

Wallace said:

Exactly the point I was making. Rock star omertà! The things she seen on tour would make Lance small time.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
Your a good guy Race Radio but less rhetoric. Try not to draw everything down into "I'm right, you're wrong"

Middle ground might be your new friend.

No one is sticking up for bullies and enablers. Your defending your friend Betsy. That is understandable and very noble of you.

My point is nothing can be gained from chastising Crow in public. Crow responsibility is the law and to speaking with the Feds. That she did.

As did Vaughters.

I think Betsy is a marvel. What she endured and he lengths she went to is astounding and most noble.

I know you actually get it but you just want to show me up. So that's fine.

We get it, you are cool with people sitting back and doing nothing while peoples livelihoods are destroyed.

We know you actually get it, but hey it's no fun unless you can clog the toliet

Race Radio said:
We get it, you are cool with people sitting back and doing nothing while peoples livelihoods are destroyed.

Problem being is you don't know what Crow knows or what she told the Feds. You also don't know what she did if she saw or heard anything.

She did break up with him did she not? What does that tell you?

She was also the partner of Lance Armstrong. She wasn't chief of anti-doping or anti-bullyboy tactics division at the UCI.

If you're suggesting that we go call up Ryder's wife and tell her speak publicly about her husbands cheating then I think you may have lost sight of the law and basic human goodness. Or Vaughters. He said nothing for a very long time.

Race you need to draw a line on the wives and partners. You can't drag them into the crossfire. Not their fight.

Again I think Betsy is amazing. But there's nothing to come of a Crow v Betsy shoot-out. Leave it to the courts.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
Problem being is you don't know what Crow knows or what she told the Feds. You also don't know what she did if she saw or heard anything.

She did break up with him did she not? What does that tell you?

She's was also the partner or Lance Armstrong she wasn't chief of anti-doping and anti-bullyboy tactics division at the UCI.

If you're suggesting that we go call up Ryder's wife and tell her speak publicly about her husbands cheating then I think you may have lost sight of the law and basic human goodness. Or Vaughters. He said nothing for a very long time.

Race you need to draw a line on the wives and partners. You can drag them into the crossfire. Not their fight.

Again I think Betsy is amazing. But there's nothing to come of a Crow v Betsy shoot-out. Leave it to the courts.

Again, you should read what Betsy actually said. Crow stood by while Lance ruined people. She was there for the the height of the bullying. LeMond, Anderson, Frankie, Betsy.

She stood by and did nothing. You are ok with ignoring lance working to destroy people's life, most are not.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Race Radio said:

If you are so serious about anti-doping, why are you sitting back and doing nothing about what Walsh has become?

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Hog, I don't know why you bring Vaughters into this. It's totally different as Crow had a personal relationship where she had Lance's ear and could directly try and influence his behaviour.

Judging by her company with Lance on his transfusion trip to Belgium she did jack **** and was happy at helping continuing the myth by saying nothing while Greg, Emma and Betsy were getting decimated. All this when Crow knew they were telling the truth. It does not look well on her one bit.

Betsy is more than entitled to ask questions of her silence during this period.

Blaming someone girlfriend is idiotic. Will Betsy blame Matthew Mcougna-however-you-spell-it next? She really should have kept her mouth shut about Crow. It makes what Armstrong said about her being obsessed and unbalanced look true.

If people want to blame others for standing by while Armstrong destroyed people then fire should be directed at JV. He knew. He kept quiet. Even after Landis came forward, he kept quiet. One detailed interview at that time would have brought Armstrong down. Instead he played both ends against the middle to enrich himself.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Blaming someone girlfriend is idiotic. Will Betsy blame Matthew Mcougna-however-you-spell-it next? She really should have kept her mouth shut about Crow. It makes what Armstrong said about her being obsessed and unbalanced look true.

If people want to blame others for standing by while Armstrong destroyed people then fire should be directed at JV. He knew. He kept quiet. Even after Landis came forward, he kept quiet. One detailed interview at that time would have brought Armstrong down. Instead he played both ends against the middle to enrich himself.

Crow is a hypocrite.

Great Post.

JV has played the sport to his own ends. It is why i totally doubt his team.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
Plus Sheryl did a 1 hour 26m for d'Huez!

Crow was done over by Lance. She has incentive to rub his face in it. But there's a time to move on. Crow being a celebrity only knows too well of airing the dirty laundry of another. Celebrity omertà is just as strong as cycling omertà.

The real dirt is with Kik. But she's has spousal privilege.

No she doesn't. Lance has the right to deny her testimony because of confidential communications to a spouse, but that is not the same as spousal privilege. For spousal privilege, you need to be a spouse. She ain't that anymore. For confidential communications, you need to have made the communications when you were married, but you no longer need to be married to claim the privilege.

Plus, in most states, the testifying spouse holds the privilege with spousal privilege, not the defendant spouse (which is irrelevant here, because Kik isn't a spouse anymore). With confidential communications, both hold the privilege regardless of current marital status so long as the communications were made during the marriage. For anything she knows after they were married, a contractual agreement might protect the information (thought there is an argument a court would not allow her to abide by those terms if the plaintiff needs the information), but if not, she may claim 5th Amendment protection if she might be criminally implicated, but if not, she has to testify truthfully or face contempt of court.

Sorry, I'm studying for the bar, and the details matter.