• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession)

Page 400 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
MarkvW said:
Ahh, the irony.

That is the understatement of this entire thread.

MarkvW said:
It was pretty obvious that they were minors. BroDeal pointed that out in a rude and direct way. See Berzin's responsive edict.

Wasn't obvious to me that they were minors.

It could have been the twins (are they in their 40s yet?) and I would still have viewed it as a ridiculous thing for his miracleness to be doing, let alone caught on camera doing.

Lance is what he is. No surprise.

Dumber move than the guy with the lampshade on his head.

Dave.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Alpe73 said:
Why would you compromise the privacy and the security of the kids, by posting their images on a public forum, just to take a shot at Lance?

The security of children was compromised by that photo:confused:

The security of the children looked compromised by the shirtless middle aged man in amongst them!

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Alpe73 said:
Why would you compromise the privacy and the security of the kids, by posting their images on a public forum, just to take a shot at Lance?

Benotti69 said:

The security of the children looked compromised by the shirtless middle aged man in amongst them!

Alpe73 is still hurting because he was in the long line of fools who believed It's not about the bike...or dope. They all carry that sad face permanently, and so you have to understand their need to lash out at a world that suddenly lost all meaning when Lance went on Oprah.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:
Alpe73 is still hurting because he was in the long line of fools who believed It's not about the bike...or dope. They all carry that sad face permanently, and so you have to understand their need to lash out at a world that suddenly lost all meaning when Lance went on Oprah.

Someone tell them it is ok to feel hurt......:D

Benotti69 said:

Since we are still on this subject, does the shirtless wonder have some kind of motor skills problem? Even when he manages to put on a shirt he appears to have difficulty doing up the buttons. Maybe the result of too much cortisone.

lol
shirtless wonder

for those hurt by the posting of his idiocy in this thread..remember..no one is forcing him to do these foolish things IN PUBLIC. It is his own hubris and lack of judgement/ethics/empathy/class/social skills etc...(pick one) and he alone can clean himself up and remove himself from ridicule and derision.

mewmewmew13 said:
lol
shirtless wonder

for those hurt by the posting of his idiocy in this thread..remember..no one is forcing him to do these foolish things IN PUBLIC. It is his own hubris and lack of judgement/ethics/empathy/class/social skills etc...(pick one) and he alone can clean himself up and remove himself from ridicule and derision.

Post pics of topless lance - and not a post on froome or Contador from Monday's madness....seems odd.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Digger said:
Post pics of topless lance - and not a post on froome or Contador from Monday's madness....seems odd.

Actually I posted Veetoo's calculations, but don't let the facts get in the way of your ranting

I see you changed your signature. Smart move as it made you look silly to have it while you were baiting folks here.

mewmewmew13 said:
lol
shirtless wonder

Don't get why anyone would get hurt by that, was hilarious if you ask me! :D Lance going from Hollywood and the red carpet to some college disco and looking like he is 23 again, no shirt and a ******bag look!

Ohh, the bigger they are...

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
I agree.

At first I thought the girls were in college but it is clear that is not the case. I took down the links to their twitter pages.

As usual some try to twist what I posted. I thought the pic was funny, lance out having fun. If anything it goes along with what he has been saying to the media, that he has a good life and everyone still is friendly with him.

To be clear. I did not twist what you posted. I asked a question regarding the authenticity of the photo. It was bizarre without Contxt. That was all I said. That is not twisting.

Even still if it was a kids party we don't know if someone asked him to do that etc as a gag or what.

What we did get was some calling people perv's and others pilling on that person and AWAY it went. Freaking genius.

I read what you post because it has proved to be a source of information. This however seemed like bait to pull down someone else. Just my opinion.

No one want's you to stop posting valuable info here, I just did not expect you to go down that path with respect to the "picture" post.

Walkman said:
Don't get why anyone would get hurt by that, was hilarious if you ask me! :D Lance going from Hollywood and the red carpet to some college disco and looking like he is 23 again, no shirt and a ******bag look!

Ohh, the bigger they are...

He remains quite the spectacle.

We don't know the whole story, but you don't need the full 1,000 that the picture tells to observe that it looks like more confirming typecast behavior by Lance. Particularly so given that he is at this height of his legal battles:

Need for stimulation... check
Lack of remorse or guilt... check
Poor behavioral controls... check
Impulsivity... check
Irresponsibility... check

and on, and on.

The picture needs a caption.

How about: When the legal going gets tough, this is how a Psychopath parties.

Dave.

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
D-Queued said:
He remains quite the spectacle.

We don't know the whole story, but you don't need the full 1,000 that the picture tells to observe that it looks like more confirming typecast behavior by Lance. Particularly so given that he is at this height of his legal battles:

Need for stimulation... check
Lack of remorse or guilt... check
Poor behavioral controls... check
Impulsivity... check
Irresponsibility... check

and on, and on.

The picture needs a caption.

How about: When the legal going gets tough, this is how a Psychopath parties.

Dave.

I don't see the connection to his legal troubles and a need to stop partying.

I mean, drinking with hs kids is a bad idea. But its not like its going to change the ruling in the SCA case. Its not like he's on trial for DUI or something.

Much of this has already been covered, so its not like the shirtless pic reveals some surprising side of Armstrong's personality or anything. Cycle of Lies skewers him way worse than this.

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Bluenote said:
Cycle of Lies skewers him way worse than this.

That book and Reeds comments about him reading everything about himself like a sponge suggests to me there's a very decent probability he subscribes to this very thread. I don't want to pick holes in him as he's been doing a good impression of being carrion and being constantly pecked apart with so called loyalists coming out of the woodwork with more dead meat to peck at, it will go on and on..

Hurry up and nuke cycling with a doping telling all will ya please LA? Scorching the earth utterly - about doping from methods to those up high in the UCI from 95-2010 will be a resurrection worthy of a fellow devout atheist. Only way you truly deserve them 7 yellows back fella.

The truth (at least for that period) will set him free :D

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Glenn_Wilson said:
To be clear. I did not twist what you posted. I asked a question regarding the authenticity of the photo. It was bizarre without Contxt. That was all I said.
No, you did more than just ask about the authenticity of the photo.

Glenn_Wilson said:
I wonder what type of party that was? Do we know the context ???....of why dude bro has his shirt off with the shades and head band?

I't can't be a typical "kids party" if he has a "large Bordeaux" half full of the "two buck chuck".

If we gonna have the picture up to discuss lets discuss.
I'm just wondering, where was that discussion going to go, really?

We had a poster confirm that at least one of the girls was a minor. So what was there to discuss?

"Oh look. I found her Intagram photos of her and her friends wearing yellow bikinis. Ya' know YELLOW! LOL"

"Here's a Google street view of her house!"

"Here's a Vine video of her passing out next to her neighbor's pool."

"On Facebook she says she's attracted to 'older guys' :eek:"

I mean, really. How informative, or pertinent to this thread, would a further discussion about the "context" of that pic have been? If those girl were minors, then as far as I'm concerned, there is no "context" to pursue.

I stand by my original argument that if everything from RR's initial post regarding this onward (and right up to now) were to be nuked from this thread, the world would hardly be a lesser place as a result.

I get the original intent of the humor.

I get that Lance is an easy target (Christ, I've put him in the comedy crosshairs countless times myself).

I get that we often stray into absurd tangents.

But one thing that as always been reinforced by the members of this forum itself—even in the midst of the lunacy that often prevails, especially in Lance threads—is that kids are off limits. Period. I would extend that to these girls as well.

Whatever though. There's been no mod intervention yet, so I suppose there won't be any.

I've already wasted more time on this subject than I care to.

Have at it. I'm done.

Edit:
[Apologies to sittingbison. I missed your last post while typing.]

Edit 2:
[And apologies to Afrank because clearly, as I now see, you've been cleaning up this thread. Patience has never been my strong suit.
Feel free to nuke this entire rant of mine if need be.] :D

Gavandope said:
That book and Reeds comments about him reading everything about himself like a sponge suggests to me there's a very decent probability he subscribes to this very thread.

Lance has been reading the Forum since the day it was started. He's been in and out of every thread about him since. He also knows who the Forum 12 and few of the rest of us who've been around awhile are, either through the industry or common acquaintances.

And no, that's not a misguided sense of self-importance or paranoia...

Hi Lance.

PS, Don't read the next post....

Granville57 said:
I get the original intent of the humor.

Curiously, I didn't see the picture as an attempt at humor (although I can definitely see it in retrospect). I actually saw it as an illustration (proof?) of the dichotomy between how Lance portrays his financial and social condition and how he's actually living his life. The photo certainly doesn't convey a sense of financial or emotional despair, nor a sense of a contrite and repentive adult.

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
MacRoadie said:
Lance has been reading the Forum since the day it was started. He's been in and out of every thread about him since. He also knows who the Forum 12 and few of the rest of us who've been around awhile are, either through the industry or common acquaintances.

Hi Lance.

Not a surprise then, I thought he simply had to. I have no clue about any of you never mind a forum 12. Just a bloke who used to take roids bodybuilding, gave up being a bad person plus bull**** and lies in 1998 and is pig sick of watching blood dopers still make mountains out of level playing fields in cycling.

Now I'm only accused of being too honest and being totally unemployable as a diplomat!

I wish he'd read mine more often, I could save him a fortune in lawyers cos the advice he's still acting on is as effective as wiping with a toilet roll :D

MacRoadie said:

Hi Lance.

Thanks for saying this in a far more succinct manner than I was going to.
Those of us who have been around for the long term 'Lance hunt' know better

TRENDING THREADS