• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 4 (Post-Settlement)

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nah, This is an Armstrong thread, here you go Wonderboy fanboi! More Wonderboy goodness. Remember, He didn't dope, honestly, how come? He "was on his bike 6 hours a day & was tested 947 times & never 1 positive. He could get 10 people to say you doped too Greg"(upon offering up the princely sum of $300k I believe it was to ANYONE who'd say they saw him(Greg)dope too- no one took him up on his generous offer-it was crickets chirp from everyone, including his dog).

You might want to seek counseling for this.

Do you have a source for Walsh saying Wiggins was clean? I have a source for Walsh saying he was a cheat.
Back before he was a cheat. Walsh was on board with the clean team right? After that he jumped on the pummel wagon. I'm talking pre. that point where his opinion shifted. I like to ignore him doing that to clean wiggins. I think walsh only did that so he could keep up appearances.

Walsh is such a beacon and champion for integrity of journalism.

• Sad
Reactions: fmk_RoI
[Padilla] left and joined Athletic Bilbao (any soccer fans know if there was any proven doping during his time there?)
There's not any firm evidence of team-wide doping at Athletic as far as I know, but in 2002, with Padilla at the head of the team's medical services, their player Carlos Gurpegi tested positive for nandrolone. He eventually received a two-year suspension. Both the team and Padilla vehemently defended Gurpegi until the very end and he returned to the team after his ban.

Given the state of antidoping controls in football and Padilla's pre-existing reputation*, this is usually interpreted by Spanish analogues of The Clinic as a sign that there was team-wide doping at Athletic around that time.

*He didn't earn his nickname Sabino Pastilla ("pill") for nothing.

To try and bring this back to Armstrong;

The point about all of this is relatively trivial, it's about the notion of a mythical level playing field, and whether an unlevel field is more level where the knowledge is being shared around a bit (Ferrari) or less level when it's being corralled in one team (Padilla). It doesn't excuse Ferrari or make light of his contribution to doping. It asks us to really consider how unlevel people like Padilla made the field.
Add to your insight was the unbalanced team budgets that allowed one team to lock down much of the competition as domestiques (think of Floyd riding away from Armstrong). Add to that a very cozy UCI relationship and you have a completely unbalanced situation. Revisionists don't want to complicate their theories with the historical facts.
Current day programs are much harder to manage after the fall of Lance. The singular benefit of his participation IMO.

You're one hell of an act. You pivot from damning Indurain for doping to demanding of others proof for your own claim he doped. Now you can't work out how to use a hyperlink.

How 'bout we get back to the topic(s) you keep trying to derail? (Padilla versus LA's doping doc, or the legal supplement you accuse your Betty Noor of using, L-Carnatine. You choose.)
I do? I've asked FROM THE BEGINNING of your nonsense, to asking you(or ANYONE) to please provide any credible/verifiable source(s) that show or prove Indurain and LeMond have doped @ ANY time in their careers, and its been nothing but silence and deflection from you and everyone else.

I'll ask AGAIN, Please provide 1/any credible/verifiable source(s) claiming either doped? Times, dates, who administered said drugs, dosages, when, where, etc?

AGAIN, You or whomever can PM that info to me if you prefer. Stop ignoring/deflecting and provide what I've asked you for at least 6 times now. Why is that so difficult to comprehend?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Lets see it? I believe you on this.
Lmao! You cant help yourself can you, youre either trolling or youre just not smart enough to let it go. You have to keep responding to this, so I'll do us both a favor and say this will.be my last post on the subject.

Please provide the info I've asked you for 7 times now, we both know you wont, because you don't have said info, likely because neither happened to neither rider & that would confirm what I've mentioned earlier.

Please move on from the thread, or at the very least, stop responding to MY posts. It keeps things simple that way. Keep responding? You'll get no answer from me going forward, so you'd be essentially proving my point that you're a troll and that you'd be wasting your time.

I'm tired of talking to you about this, as it's obvious you just want to troll & refuse to provde any of the info I've asked you for.

Last edited:
  • Sad
It is well known that LeMond thinks that EPO increased speeds post-1990 so much that he couldn't compete, but it is in the book "Bad Blood" by Jeremy Whittle where LeMond tells the following specifically:

Funny that you described a person with those views as "a wonderboy troll" earlier when you didn't know it was LeMond whose opinion I was referring to.
Even funnier, is that you equate that second quote from me, i never posted that.

Instead of trying to one up me, why not try quoting what I actually DID say before posting?

• Sad
I don't read with microscope every.post, but here is our very short dialogue in essence:

ME: "I read somewhere one cyclist estimating that already at the 1991 Tour there were sixty or seventy cyclists on EPO and that it was practically impossible to win clean... Opinions are just opinions, and out of curiosity, do you believe that this guy with this view is just plain wrong or perhaps even dishonest?"

YOU: "Yes! I also think he's a Wonderboy troll."

There is only one third person singular mentioned in the related posts by me, so who this "he" who was "a Wonderboy troll" was if not LeMond?

I don't read with microscope every.post, but here is our very short dialogue in essence:

ME: "I read somewhere one cyclist estimating that already at the 1991 Tour there were sixty or seventy cyclists on EPO and that it was practically impossible to win clean... Opinions are just opinions, and out of curiosity, do you believe that this guy with this view is just plain wrong or perhaps even dishonest?"

YOU: "Yes! I also think he's a Wonderboy troll."

There is only one third person singular mentioned in the related posts by me, so who this "he" who was "a Wonderboy troll" was if not LeMond?

So you admit that you don't read much unless it benefits YOUR narrative? Good to know.

Stop deflecting as well, just post 1 credible/verifiable source claiming that : LeMond Or Indurain doped, just one? It's open to EVERYONE and anyone.

I'll wait........

I was talking about how I believe he( that fmk fellow) was a Wonderboy disciple, as he just refuses to acknowledge or admit his boy is the laughingstock of cycling, but you just can't help yourself when it comes to responding to me either, right. Then you went off on some random diatribe about god knows what, claiming I said something that I didn't. When i asked you where I supposedly said what you claimed, it went suddenly silent on your end.

Last post here on this subject as it relates to you as well.

Last edited:
"So you admit that you don't read much unless it benefits YOUR narrative..."

Ironic comment from someone who admittedly started ranting about a fellow poster instead of answering a direct question when I asked your opinion about veracity of comments made by a cyclist (LeMond) who thought that 60-70 guys were on EPO in 1991 and that it was virtually impossible to win clean.

What actually is your opinion about LeMond's comments who explicitly stated that the gap between his team and the "dopers" became more pronounced the further the 91 TDF went on?

Prepare to be offended. New Armstrong doc - featuring the Fallen One - scheduled for Sundance. Deets:
Also playing in the special events sidebar are Matthew Heineman’s human trafficking exposé The Trade, Alexandre O. Philippe’s Leap of Faith: William Friedkin on the Exorcist, James Lee Hernandez and Brian Lazarte’s McMillions and the Armstrong doc, which boasts unprecedented access to the former cyclist's world, offering a powerful study of the star who fell spectacularly and publicly from grace. Emmy winner Zenovich is well-versed in that genre, having directed two previous documentaries on Roman Polanski, including Wanted and Desired, and, more recently, Robin Williams: Come Inside My Mind.
More deets:
The festival describes the project as an examination of 'a man who’s both winner and loser, saint and sinner,' and a 'a powerful study of that 21st century phenomenon: the celebrity who falls spectacularly and publicly from grace.'

TRENDING THREADS