• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 4 (Post-Settlement)

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Lance @50
The Dad narrative develops
It was the words of the first of his five children that made the Sheriff collapse: "Dad, my schoolmates torment me and tell me that you are a 'cheater', but I defend you and say that I don't it is true".
Reported in Gazzetta (Italiano, paywalled after paragraph one)

Since the only paragraph not paywalled mentions his son’s recent legal trouble : I’m not sure it’s an issue anymore. I don’t know how long these issues usually take, but during the TdF I wondered why there hadn’t been any news for months so I looked it up on google : no article but "something" (some kind of court appearence I guess) was scheduled mid september in a PDF with hundreds of others scheduled courtdates. I looked it up again about a week ago and there wasn’t anything scheduled anymore for a Luke Armstrong. Not a postpone date, just nothing anymore. So I don’t know, maybe it’s over...

Last edited:
Since the only paragraph not paywalled mentions his son’s recent legal trouble : I’m not sure it’s an issue anymore. I don’t know how long these issues usually take, but during the TdF I wondered why there hadn’t been any news for months so I looked it up on google : no article but "something" (some kind of court appearence I guess) was scheduled mid september in a PDF with hundreds of others scheduled courtdates. I looked it up again about a week ago and there wasn’t anything scheduled anymore for a Luke Armstrong. Not a postpone date, just nothing anymore. So I don’t know, maybe it’s over...
I'm sure Wonderboy had something to do with it "suddenly disappearing" from any dockets. Wonderboy STILL has millions and enough to make it all go away.

Look how long "The Bernie Madoff of Cycling" held off all the PED positives and lies he had, was over a decade. He knows who to contact, who to pay off and what to do, to make stuff go away.

With Covid, the courts are getting backed up, and a lot of cases are getting quietly dropped if they're not very strong. With this be a he said/she said, that could be what's going on here.

With Covid, the courts are getting backed up, and a lot of cases are getting quietly dropped if they're not very strong. With this be a he said/she said, that could be what's going on here.
Most likely something like that. Even without the Covid, a 3 years old accusation between 2 teenagers who (allegedly) kept having sex after the alleged assault was always going to be super hard to prove. I don’t and will never know if there was a rape but I definitly knew he was never going to go to jail. Anyway, we shall see but probably end of a chapter we would never have heard of if it wasn’t a famous people’s son

….about Armstrong:
It always starts with lying to yourself first. Do that and the rest comes easy.
I was good liar as a kid...but the lies would stack up and I learned the hard way to just come clean at the beginning. But what I learned from it all was how to tell a good liar from a bad one.

Armstrong is such a piece of work who continually lies. I can forgive someone who comes to terms with what they’ve done. But he hasn’t learned a thing even as he aged. Apparently, there’s just too much equity to give up for him…he really can’t sustain that kind of damage.

I’m not ready to ‘move on’ from him. And too many people give that guy a pass. The first day I saw an interview with him in the 90s I knew there was something wrong with that guy. I mean, I really wanted to think he was OK…but that little voice inside was dead right: Total Piece of Work.

….about Armstrong:
It always starts with lying to yourself first. Do that and the rest comes easy.
I was good liar as a kid...but the lies would stack up and I learned the hard way to just come clean at the beginning. But what I learned from it all was how to tell a good liar from a bad one.

Armstrong is such a piece of work who continually lies. I can forgive someone who comes to terms with what they’ve done. But he hasn’t learned a thing even as he aged. Apparently, there’s just too much equity to give up for him…he really can’t sustain that kind of damage.

I’m not ready to ‘move on’ from him. And too many people give that guy a pass. The first day I saw an interview with him in the 90s I knew there was something wrong with that guy. I mean, I really wanted to think he was OK…but that little voice inside was dead right: Total Piece of Work.
The podcasts with Johan tell you all you need to know, another psycho wh still enables Lance and tries to stroke his ego.