• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official "Ride" the TdF Thread

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I have had to skip the prologue because I was working late yesterday, but from tomorrow I will make the effort. Being in London means no real hills though

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
5.89 miles in 16:21...not so great but was fun riding down MLK BLVD, pretending to be in the TdF. I rode 8 miles in about 21 min to get to the start point averging around 17.5 or so, probably should have not ridden my warmup so aggressive.

My coworker did the 5.89 in about the same time, maybe 5 secs less if I recall. He is 26, myself 37, so this old man needs to show him up in the overall at the end of the tour. Will be fun to look on Mapmyride tomorrow to see how we did against others.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Probably around eight miles of single track on the MTB. They don't hit the road until tomorrow, and I didn't really want to cook in the 90 heat.

As a unexpected bonus, Devo was playing a concert within comfortable earshot of my trail.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Devo?? Did you ride through a time warp?

:) I couldn't believe what I was hearing. But yeah it really was Devo playing at the Minnesota Zoo amphitheater. Sounded pretty good at a distance and the crowd still went wild.

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
40 decent miles today in about a hour or so,(20 to work and 20 home). Had a good mix of small hills and flats even had in *** drivers. I swear southern california driver suck when it comes to driving with cyclist on the road.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
My Stage 1

27 miles 20.2 avg---I kept it flat today, since the stage was flat. 97 degrees today, I should have rode at 6am or so.

Going to work a few hills in on my Stage 2. There were no crashes in my Stage, but I did help a Penn Student learn about the dollar bill in the blown out tire trick so he could get home.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
I was unable to ride yesterday, so I did the prologue today (I guess I'm dropping the rest day to catch up with the Tour). Exactly 8.9 km in 14.38 min. Slightly more hilly, but with almost no corners. At least I beat Cardoso. :p

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
I'm out.. Too much on my plate this season. I actually did the prologue yesterday on the BMX bike.. Rode from Magnetic HQ to a friends house for homemade sausage and beer, then back for a total of about 8k. Today I did a boarder hop into Wisconsin with a shebeast for about 70k. The reason I'm backing out is that I'm not going to be able to ride much this week, or month for that matter due to my work commute is 2 places on opposite sides of the cities, so have fun everybody.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Got lost twice. Ended up with almost two hours in the saddle. No clue about distance, but had a lot of fun. Tomorrow should be fun as well, then back to the grind of fighting it out with motorized vehicles.

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Stage 2
Did 103 km today. Did four ~ 2 km climbs at average 7-8 % + a climb of 4.5 km at 5 %. Average not so great 28.9 km/h.
Had a friend riding with me today.
BroDeal: Thanks for the idea, dude:). I'm having a blast!:D

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Post-poned stage 1: 68 km with some short and steep hills on the way. Awful lot of wind. Forgot my watch home, so no idea about the time.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Probably around 27 miles today. Rain came and went. Took it slow in the wet. Google found some cobbles for me that is pretty much on my route, so tomorrow I get shaken up as well.

TRENDING THREADS