• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Thread: Stage 17 Bourg-Saint-Maurice to Le Grand-Bornand

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 27, 2009
Visit site
Interesting that Mr non-selection Charile W is with him.. Silence-Lotto needs to have their butts kicked. Can't see Evans finishing abandon coming today I think. Shame he is better than that.

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
Carl0880 said:
I am waiting to see the bunch go through all those hairpins turns that Thor went through. Almost destined to be some crashes (Watch out F. Schleck)

There were no crashes, but I thought it was a pretty cool picture showing the peloton moving through that section.

Bala Verde said:
I wonder if Hushovd can stay away today. That would be good for him.

The green jersey winning the Queen mountain stage. Now if by some miracle this happens, then it would truly make this one of the strangest Tours, with all the near yellows of this tour, lack of defining stages, low number of attacks.

So the way this tour is going, heck anything is possible.

The Barb said:
So, we're half way through the stage ... What does everyone think now?

I still think Andy Schleck wins ....... but I'm very comfortable having backed Uran at 30-1.

Schleck is a good choice. Contador will probably go over the last climb with him, but Contador would be smart to not take any risks on the descent.

Nibali would be another good choice.