• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Official thread TdF Stage 15 Pontarlier - Verbier - 207.5 km

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 7, 2009
397
0
0
Visit site
El Imbatido said:
I don't like to bring up "you know who" excessively but he is riding pretty far down the peloton. About 2/3 down. Maybe he is gonna get some bottles for once?

Bobby Drivel will probably be on suicide watch by now:D

Sorry couldnt resist again
God, I hope he is not playing possum.... ugh
 
Jun 14, 2009
238
0
0
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Baggage handling lost the suitcase of courage when it was travelling from Italy to France. Rumor has it that it was shipped to Spain by accident.

So "courage" is our new euphemism for things we're not supposed to talk about in this forum?
 
Jun 18, 2009
1,086
1
0
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Baggage handling lost the suitcase of courage when it was travelling from Italy to France. Rumor has it that it was shipped to Spain by accident.

Well... I hope it wasn't on a Delta flight or it'll be lost forever.
 
Jul 7, 2009
397
0
0
Visit site
msjett said:
According to P&P ....it's LA playing mind games....:rolleyes:
Hopefully just wishful thinking, they need their cash cow to not crack.... it is all about ratings

I'd love to see him crack, maybe somebody did pour his suitcase down the drain :)
 
Jul 7, 2009
397
0
0
Visit site
msjett said:
We can't rely on the race to entertain us....we have to do it ourselves....
What is everyone having to drink for the race? It is still before 10am here so I am still on the coffee.

I have an off day today so I may have to break out some mimosas or peach bellinis soon.
 
Jul 17, 2009
162
0
0
Visit site
RigelKent said:
http://www.airdisaster.com/statistics/
says otherwise. Although in general it is much more dependent upon the operator than the manufacturer of the plane.

Go Canc!
Airbus A320 => 631 fatalities in 20 hull-loss accidents
Boeing 737 => 3,847 fatalities in 144 hull-loss accidents

Airbus A340 => 0 fatalities in 5 hull-loss accidents
Boeing 747 => 2,850 fatalities in 48 hull-loss accidents

These are the two most flown types of Airbuses and Boeings (by decent airlines, at least), and the comparison is quite clear.

But let's hope the cyclists give us something more cheerful to talk about in a few kilometres!
 
Jun 14, 2009
238
0
0
Visit site
sometriguy said:
What is everyone having to drink for the race? It is still before 10am here so I am still on the coffee.

I have an off day today so I may have to break out some mimosas or peach bellinis soon.

Water for me. Rehydrating after 2 days of Chinese Buffet inspired incapacitation.
 
Jul 7, 2009
397
0
0
Visit site
Danilot said:
Airbus A320 => 631 fatalities in 20 hull-loss accidents
Boeing 737 => 3,847 fatalities in 144 hull-loss accidents

Airbus A340 => 0 fatalities in 5 hull-loss accidents
Boeing 747 => 2,850 fatalities in 48 hull-loss accidents

These are the two most flown types of Airbuses and Boeings, and the comparison is quite clear.

But let's hope the cyclists give us something more cheerful to talk about in a few kilometres!
Those are just the numbers, you have to look at the statistics.

If there are 10k times as many boeings... then airbus is garbage