Official thread: Tour de Suisse

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 20, 2009
147
0
8,830
same thing for kloden,but on reverse.
i think this was the worst 25k+ tt andreas made in recent years.:eek:
considering his time trial abilities,he got beaten real bad today,more than 2 minutes is a huge gap.
 
May 17, 2009
22
0
0
I've done some riding in Switzerland and I know how easy it is to find totally ball breaking climbs to ride up! Next year I'm designing the TdS route :p. 4000m of climbing per stage :D.
 
Jun 9, 2009
320
0
0
Eldrack said:
I've done some riding in Switzerland and I know how easy it is to find totally ball breaking climbs to ride up! Next year I'm designing the TdS route :p. 4000m of climbing per stage :D.
make one of the stages a circuit race up the matahorn with 30 sec time bonus sprints at the top.
 
Apr 11, 2009
2,250
0
0
"Originally Posted by Eldrack: I've done some riding in Switzerland and I know how easy it is to find totally ball breaking climbs to ride up! Next year I'm designing the TdS route . 4000m of climbing per stage."

39*23t said:
make one of the stages a circuit race up the matahorn with 30 sec time bonus sprints at the top.
Great ideas, LOL. You guys should apply for the race directorship :D

P.S. I'm looking forward to seeing Spartacus go backwards on Ventoux.
 
Mar 13, 2009
2,890
0
0
I'm never suprised when a time trialist climbs well. They are both sustainable efforts over a similar time period. Climbers are power to weight, tts are power to aero drag...small guys with a good position should have low aero drag, big guys can often drop a little weight. So give FC incentive to climb, great support and no solid climbs...not as surprised as I was to jens smash LL at tour of germany. TDF...please tell me you jest.
 
laurentiu46 said:
same thing for kloden,but on reverse.
i think this was the worst 25k+ tt andreas made in recent years.:eek:
considering his time trial abilities,he got beaten real bad today,more than 2 minutes is a huge gap.
Kloden's performances have always been inexplicable. People call out Canc for being doped (which I agree with but then I think all the top riders are doped) but Kloden is a joke compared to Cancellara. Once week he can be the best in the world and the next week he is sucking wind with the middle of the packers.

Is he like a head case or what?
 
Jun 22, 2009
23
0
0
Mellow Velo said:
What a fecking joke.

Undoubtably, the worst stage race of the year. Could even rival the Tour of Poland.:(
Designed for Cancellara to win in Bern - a Swiss ****-fest the way they(we) do it best - protectionism pure!

To top it off, I had a birthday party BBQin Bremgarten yesterday and it too 1 hours to reach the picnic spot Aare once we arrived in Bern instead of 5 minutes.

Did get to see Cancellara blow through like a train - wow! Dekker looked really fit and fast too.
 
Eldrack said:
I've done some riding in Switzerland and I know how easy it is to find totally ball breaking climbs to ride up! Next year I'm designing the TdS route :p. 4000m of climbing per stage :D.

I lived in Swissland for 7 years and it's nearly impossible to not climb - how the organisers managed to make a flat route would be impressive if it wasn't so brilliant. Next time import some Belgium chocolate while you're at it.
 
BroDeal said:
Kloden's performances have always been inexplicable. People call out Canc for being doped (which I agree with but then I think all the top riders are doped) but Kloden is a joke compared to Cancellara. Once week he can be the best in the world and the next week he is sucking wind with the middle of the packers.

Is he like a head case or what?
That's not true. The time trial was bad but he was in the top10 that's not in the middle of the packers.
In the last three or four years there was no race where Klödi was really bad. Klödi isn't different compared to other rides concerning that.
 
Faserr said:
That's not true. The time trial was bad but he was in the top10 that's not in the middle of the packers.
In the last three or four years there was no race where Klödi was really bad. Klödi isn't different compared to other rides concerning that.
You mean like Kloden winning the hilly time trial at Tirreno-Adriatico this year...and then getting dropped on a Cat 1 climb 40K from a stage's finish. :) Kloden as always been all over the map. You never know how he will ride.
 
Normally Klödi ist a better time trial rider than climber. This year at the Tour de Suisse it's the first time for some years that it was different. I don't know what happened, I think this whole time trial was a bit weird.
I think at the Tour he will be really good in the time trials and just a helper in the mountains...
But I don't want to say that he is clean, I trust none of these top riders.
 
Mar 13, 2009
5,246
0
0
39*23t said:
interesting though was andy schleck 2:37 down on fabs so basically a minute on everyone else. must be his best tt yet.
That is indeed interesting, and hopefully a good sign for the TdF *crossing my fingers*. On the other hand, Kim Kirchen finished way down, looks like he hasn't been practising much TT this year. Should be very interesting for the Luxembourg National Time Trial Championship that is coming up at the end of this week. Maybe Andy can even steal Kim's title!

I feel a little bad for Andreas Klöden - rides the Tour de Luxembourg that's designed for one of the Schlecks to win, rides the Tour de Suisse that's designed for Fabian Cancellara to win. But on the other hand these things are planned way ahead, and judging by Cancellara's season so far, no one could have expected this ride from him. He was supposed to ride in Luxembourg as well but pulled out the day before. I'm happy for him though, as well as for Kirchen, that they finally got wins after having such a terrible season so far.

When I read all your guys' problems about pixelly live-streams in Italian or Danish I'm really happy I live in Luxembourg - the national TV station has got to be one of the only ones outside of Switzerland to broadcast the TdS live. Even Eurosport didn't - all they showed was recaps of Dauphiné stages. What was that all about?!

Anyways, TdS is a great race, I'm looking forward to next year's edition - live on Luxembourg Television! :D:p
 
Yeah, Kirchen's TT was disappointing. Does anyone have the split times? Was it a case of him going all-out for 2nd place overall/TT win and going off too hard? Thomas Dekker looks in good form coming 3rd in the TT, good news for Evans too as he should be one of his main support riders.
 
Apr 20, 2009
147
0
8,830
KK doesn't really like the time trials which are longer than 25-30k,he will do much better in Monaco.
Look at the TdS prologue ,he was 6th or so.
Apart from Cancellara,who destroyed the field in both TT's,the gaps between the others were not so big.
 
Mar 13, 2009
5,246
0
0
He said in a Luxembourg newspaper that he couldn't find the right position on his bike and never got into a good rythm. He is really good at time trialing though, in case you don't remember he got second in last yeas TdF time trial - behind Stefan Schumacher, who was later disqualified.
He did end up winning the National title on Thursday hands down. The Schleck brothers pulled out in the last minute, but even if they hadn't he'd probably have won it.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY