• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Thread - World Championships: Elite Men's Road Race 262.2km, Mendrisio

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

issoisso said:
I remember him winning road stages this year at the Settimana Internazionale and last year at Paris-Nice, so not sure where you're getting 02 :)

one day road races.... that was his fourth single day win

A

Anonymous

issoisso said:
I don't think he meant that, he said "road races".

road races to me means 1 day, stage races means stage wins.. i dunno..

good god.. he just smiled.. :eek: is it me or does cadel have a very large head..

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Let’s not forget how much work the whole Aussie team did early on to chased down the break. They had the plan, they knew Cadel had the goods and they delivered.

Congrats Australia!

A

Anonymous

podium girls are kinda cute.. if a little formal..

and the top italians 8th and 16th.. so much for their tactics...

A

Anonymous

well this sums it up...

texted the missus "you are not going to beleive the finish of the worlds when you see them later.."

her reply and bearing it mind that could have meant anything, a brit, vino, any rider.. her reply "dont tell me cadel has actually won something"

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
hfer07 said:
I just cannot believe it- CADEL EVAS WON!!!- hats off to him and wishing he won't get the Rain bowl jersey curse.

Considering how much bad luck has plagued him since he traded in his knobblies for skinny tyres maybe he'll get a reverse effect from the rainbow curse and finally win a GT...

...we can live in hope...

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
BeachBum said:
Yah, I just looked it up yesterday, last road win was in '02. He better start practicing for the next time.

Does this salvage Silence-Lotto's year? If Retirement Shack doesn't pick up Horner, will he go back to S-L?

I think it makes S-L look worse. As soon as Evans takes off his S-L jersey, he wins a big race! :D

dimspace said:
podium girls are kinda cute.. if a little formal..

and the top italians 8th and 16th.. so much for their tactics...

Yeah. In retrospect they look like jackasses starting to pull with more than 100k to go. Cunego had noone left at the end. They did all the hard work of breaking the race open, and in the end, they had noone to profit.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
i fell asleep more than a couple of times during the race. i am very glad cadel evans won, we have discounted him too much. He seemed to be working hard this whole season, and finally paid off here. Congrats!!

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Thing that impressed me with that attack is he really, really buried himself just when everyone was looking around/at the moment of indecision with riders still thinking, hesitating, not sure.

...and Evans must have known he had a chance to TT to hold to finish. Others may have been betting they could bring it back. Wrong guess on a guy who can climb AND TT.

He held no cards in reserve while others were shuffling their decks.

That attack was a Hinault-like attack...No question about it.

(Yes, it seems Cunego was out of position).

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
dblueroom said:
i fell asleep more than a couple of times during the race. i am very glad cadel evans won, we have discounted him too much. He seemed to be working hard this whole season, and finally paid off here. Congrats!!

Are you kidding?

This was one of the most exciting Worlds I've ever seen.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
Are you kidding?

+1... I was about to post the same thing. If you can't stay awake during that race, you can't stay awake during any race....

A

Anonymous

ak-zaaf said:
Are you kidding?

i admit to having a little snooze between laps 11 and 15.. :D

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
well this sums it up...

texted the missus "you are not going to beleive the finish of the worlds when you see them later.."

her reply and bearing it mind that could have meant anything, a brit, vino, any rider.. her reply "dont tell me cadel has actually won something"

What's unbelievable is that you have a "missus" who actually CARES....:confused:

TRENDING THREADS