• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Olympic Road Race Men

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
trevim said:
Millar said that Wiggins and Froome were worth of 2 guys each. And Stannard could do the same. So it's actually 2+2+2+1=7 man team :D With a couple of pulls from Tony the man Martin it all comes together as expected

Oh and Cav was worth of 2 in the sprint (this much is true) so they probably have something like a 10/11 man team.

How many men is a fresh Cancellara worth? Looking forward to him dragging Sagan away on the last ascent of Box Hill, then all the way to the end.

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I thought Boardman's "Boardman says if GB do this it would be "most extraordinary" thing he's seen in sport..." was even more telling... Another explanation of why he left British Cycling.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Only 2 laps left then 50 km flat. :( Such a shame, we could've seen a fantastic race from now the the finish on a proper course. Maybe we still will, but I doubt it. Looks like an easy job for Sky.

goggalor said:
Only 2 laps left then 50 km flat. :( Such a shame, we could've seen a fantastic race from now the the finish on a proper course. Maybe we still will, but I doubt it. Looks like an easy job for Sky.

Didn't we all expect a sprint? I know I did. Don't know what you get so worked up about.

The race is pretty neat and non-boring to watch. The final 40km will probably be a bit boring but yeah. They are trying their max

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Update:

Westra (Holanda), Schar (Suiza), Roelandts (Bélgica), Brajkovic (Eslovenia), Beppu (Japón), Menchov (Rusia), O'Grady (Australia), Castroviejo (España), Pinotti (Italia), Duggan (Estados Unidos) y Kristoff (Noruega)

a 35" Gilbert (Bélgica)

a 40" Nibali y Paolini (Italia), Chavanel (Francia), Bauer (Nueva Zelanda), Rast (Suiza), Fuglsang (Dinamarca), Kreuziger (República Checa), Boom (Holanda) y Grivko (Ucrania)

a 1:25 Pelotón

After the last climb of box hill, they'll open the motor and close the 1:25 easily to deliver Cavendish the win. They are happy with the status quo at the moment.

I don't see what tactics might change this scenario...:confused:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Didn't we all expect a sprint? I know I did. Don't know what you get so worked up about.

The race is pretty neat and non-boring to watch. The final 40km will probably be a bit boring but yeah. They are trying their max
I think it's perfectly reasonable to get mad at courses being tailor-made for specific riders for commercial considerations, and to stay mad long after the course has been announced.

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
You'd expect at least one of the GB train members to get tired before the finale...:rolleyes:

Also what is up with so many pointless slomo shots? I mean, sure, use them to show someone avoiding a crash etc., but just for a corner?

TRENDING THREADS