• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Olympic Track Cycling

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

SlickMongoose said:
It seems like a silly rule - why not have a specific point on the track rather than a variable time when the bike might or might not come off?

I is a specific point. 2,5 laps before the finish. There is a white line. Your front wheel can't cross that line before the derny has fully passed it.

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Rules don't apply for British cyclists?
- Froome can run and gets the time of other riders
- Cavendish can slam someone out of an event
- Arminstead can miss 3 doping tests
- Kenny can pass the derny

Re: Re:

Aproblem said:
Singer01 said:
there are a lot of bitter pointless twats on here. if jason kenny is winning because he is juiced, why is he so teeny tiny? i'll give you a lot of others but a sport that involves muscle mass being won by someone with such a different body shape, maybe its not just drugs?

Yep's it not just the drugs. It's also the fact that rules seem to be completely different for British cyclists.
100% he should have been dq'd. however, when it was a fair race he beat a bunch of giants. also the house of Kenny and Trott is now in the top 10 in the medal table.

It's a real shame at least one more endurance event/bunch race isn't allowed into the Olympic programme. The Points race and Scratch race make for much more aggressive and entertaining riding when they aren't part of a multi-event competition like in the omnium.

Re: Re:

Aproblem said:
Singer01 said:
there are a lot of bitter pointless twats on here. if jason kenny is winning because he is juiced, why is he so teeny tiny? i'll give you a lot of others but a sport that involves muscle mass being won by someone with such a different body shape, maybe its not just drugs?

Yep's it not just the drugs. It's also the fact that rules seem to be completely different for British cyclists.
after what i've seen at these Games, i gotta agree.

JRanton said:
It's a real shame at least one more endurance event/bunch race isn't allowed into the Olympic programme. The Points race and Scratch race make for much more aggressive and entertaining riding when they aren't part of a multi-event competition like in the omnium.

This. The Keirin, Team Sprint and Individual Sprint are all basically the same race. Is it a surprise the best sprinter won all three? The velodrome action really misses a 250 lap points race and/or Madison.

TRENDING THREADS