• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Olympics 2020 (2021): Harder to dope in Japan?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Can you provide us with evidence that the Russians paid off the IOC to let them compete in the Olympics.
Saying the US is WADA's biggest donor is an objective statement of fact that can (or cannot) be supported by evidence (ie you are required to support your claim that the US's contribution to WADA's $38m 2019 budget is greater than the $17m the IOC paid in 2019 ).

Saying that something is all about money and influence is, clearly, a subjective statement of opinion. If such opinions had to be supported by facts this site would close tomorrow as everyone would be banned saying this rider is doping or that rider is doping.

Saying the US is WADA's biggest donor is an objective statement of fact that can (or cannot) be supported by evidence (ie you are required to support your claim that the US's contribution to WADA's $38m 2019 budget is greater than the $17m the IOC paid in 2019 ).

Saying that something is all about money and influence is, clearly, a subjective statement of opinion. If such opinions had to be supported by facts this site would close tomorrow as everyone would be banned saying this rider is doping or that rider is doping.

The IOC does pay most of it, but as far as individual countries go, the US pays basically twice as much as the next highest country, and way more than most countries. USADA, or whoever technically pays it, was withholding half their payment this year and I don't know if they paid the rest or not.

The IOC does pay most of it, but as far as individual countries go, the US pays basically twice as much as the next highest country, and way more than most countries.
In 2019 the USA coughed up $2.5m (out of a total budget of $38m). Canada, on the other hand, coughed up $1.2m plus another $1.5m, for a total contribution of $2.7m. The way I was thought math in school, $2.7m is greater than $2.5m.

We should also note that the USA has thrown a hissyfit and has decided to only contribute $1.6m this year.

In 2019 the USA coughed up $2.5m (out of a total budget of $38m). Canada, on the other hand, coughed up $1.2m plus another $1.5m, for a total contribution of $2.7m. The way I was thought math in school, $2.7m is greater than $2.5m.

We should also note that the USA has thrown a hissyfit and has decided to only contribute $1.6m this year.

I did note the US only paid half this year, thanks for reading. I didnt say anything about who paid what in 2019. WADA's own website shows Canada contributing only 1.4 million in 2021. Maybe they paid more I dunno, I'm just looking at WADA's report. I only provided the information from wada's website as to the 2021 contributions.

As for who influences WADA etc im not arguing on any side of that. Was just providing the statistics you asked for since you wouldn't do it yourself, when you apparently are well aware of it.

We have full accounts for 2019, showing actual numbers, that's why they've been the ones used in this convo up to now. Your 2021 figures are a) projected; and b) incomplete.

Can we atleast agree that $2.7m is greater than $2.5m or is this going to get into advanced math?

Indeed we can. But can your provide your statistics?

This report, from wada's website has canada paying 1.25 million in 2019 and the US paying 2.5 million. How come everyone else has to provide proof? But you just get to argue.

Ask and you get. Canada also chucks in an additional $1.5m under the Montreal agreement. It's in the Annual Report, as I've already indicated.

Ok , I see that, can you explain what that is? What are the details of the montreal agreement?

NM, heres the details.

You know, fmrol asked for me to provide evidence of American influence in WADA. Can you provide us with evidence that the Russians paid off the IOC to let them compete in the Olympics.
I was talking about americans, they can influence any org in the world and nobody can do anything about it. Dont want to go in to politics but I just read an interview with Jose Bustani former chief of the OPCW. He said John Bolton came to him and said you need to resign if not "we know where you children live". Some crazy *** what they are allowed to do.

The CAS isn’t perfect by any stretch but they are better then you give them credit for. You are entitled to your opinions. As for the ‘western world’ conspiracy theories you are entitled to that opinion too but I’m not going there as we get into discussion not allowed here.

I’ve seen what the Western Powers are capable of, bombing my country for almost three months straight. These are the same powers that went into Iraq, and Libya and Syria. The same powers that lied about WMD’s are the same powers that are pushing the anti Russian narrative for the last 6-7 years, including Election meddling and ‘state sponsored’ doping.

Interesting also is the use of ‘conspiracy theories’ when the media narrative isn’t trusted.

I was talking about americans, they can influence any org in the world and nobody can do anything about it. Dont want to go in to politics but I just read an interview with Jose Bustani former chief of the OPCW. He said John Bolton came to him and said you need to resign if not "we know where you children live". Some crazy *** what they are allowed to do.

John Bolton is a war mongoring psychopath that should have been put in jail alongside Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Powell, Rice, Wolfowitz and other criminals. But we know that was never going to happen.

Jamaica doing Jamaica things in the women's 100m in track and field, lol.

I know that Finke is young, but he was never that impressive on an international level, then he smashes the trials and wins 2 gold medals against a stacked field.
I know, Paltrinieri is not at 100% after Mono, but Romanchuk and Wellbrock are the reigning WCs in 800/1500m and monsters in their own way.

Jamaica doing Jamaica things in the women's 100m in track and field, lol.

I know that Finke is young, but he was never that impressive on an international level, then he smashes the trials and wins 2 gold medals against a stacked field.
I know, Paltrinieri is not at 100% after Mono, but Romanchuk and Wellbrock are the reigning WCs in 800/1500m and monsters in their own way.
Meanwhile I'm very interested how Hassan is gonna do combining the 1500, 5000 and 10000.

Barely a mention of her coach getting banned for life in Dutch media ofcourse.

The swimming and runnings events this year are just :astonished: to me.
I am not really up-to-date; in running of course the shoes have been a game changer, and in swimming they say the training technics have changed so much... but to me the results are not really understandable and seem a bit wild at times. I've actually given up on understanding them.

Those accusations are almost solely words of one man who fled the US in 2015, and has had an address there since 2011. A man who contemplated suicide and then blamed his wife. He didn’t get paid enough so he attacked the integrity of many athletes that contested their suspensions and won them in CAS. The last time I saw his face in the news he looked like a completely different person, like a slightly younger version of Scottish actor Brian Cox (of Manhunter, Braveheart, Rob Roy, Bourne Identity, etc fame). Before that he had a full face mask on with sunglasses.

I know in the Western world the flavor of almost every month is to target Russia, and this campaign spilled over into sports in 2014. Instead of trying to build individual cases, they went for the ‘state sponsored doping’ cause it was convenient and the media ran with it and that was also very convenient, went hand in hand with their theory that “Russia stole the elections…” (which has been debunked as well).
Hmmmmm

Are you trying to say that the evidence that Russia turned their antidoping infrastructure into doping infrastructure for the Sochi Olympics, which is why there is a weakass ban on them in the Olympics (ROC athletes rather then Russia), is untrue?

Reactions: Cookster15

TRENDING THREADS