• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Olympics 2020 (2021): Harder to dope in Japan?

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
One of my personal favourites this Games is Australian Marathoner Sinead Diver finishing 10th at 44yo. Gets better - she never did any competitive sport let alone athletics until 33yo. Also holds the Australian record of 2 hours 24 minutes, and has 2 children from before starting competition.

Totally cleans

Facts? Schmacts! Never - ever - let reality get in the way of fantasies. Ever.

We don't need no stinkin' facts 'round here, this is the Clinic!

(For those not getting it: not testing positive don't mean an awful lot, we all know that. But it does mean he's been tested, contrariwise to what some would like folk to believe.)

Who do you think you are?

Obviously you think yourself so superior and important but all I can see is someone whose love for himself is over the top and who loves to put other people down on the internet to make himself feel better.

I wrote a statement that was mentioned on the website of the German public broadcaster ARD, not the most perfect, but a pretty decent source, similar to the BBC. I then put a questionmark behind it to get more information. And what do you do? You accuse me of "fantasies" that I would like to believe in your usual pretending-to-be-witty dismissive writing style.

I think the original source is the Times. If you have better information you can always write something like "that information is wrong, look here" or explain the backgrounds. Your tone is totally inappropriate although completely in line with 95% of your posts.

I could imagine Jacobs is not in a certain Tokyo target pool of athletes but still gets tested on another basis, most probably on a national level and maybe he's in another pool as well or maybe he even got into this very Tokyo pool later than others -

Anyway, you pretend you are interested in facts, but if that was your interest you would elucidate circumstances properly instead of doing what you do.

And what do you do? You accuse me of "fantasies" that I would like to believe in your usual pretending-to-be-witty dismissive writing style

I am not overly familiar with the posting style of the poster you replied to but to be fair a “pretending-to-be-witty dismissive writing style” is pretty normal in the CN forum over the years.

Sadly this style gets more appreciation than facts, logic and reason. Thanks for raising the level of discussion since you arrived.

The AIU clearly states that the online database available on their site is not necessarily complete - https://www.athleticsintegrity.org/know-the-process/registered-testing-pool

*Please note that it cannot be guaranteed that the searchable database or downloadable files available on-line exactly reproduce the World Athletics Testing Pool List, it is therefore intended for information only and should not be relied upon from a legal perspective. Please contact whereabouts@athleticsintegrity.org for more information.

If Times UK/NYT/ARD haven’t contacted them then it’s a lazy very low quality journalism.

I’m sure the Times UK forgot to mention that the three British sprinters out of four who won silver are also not in the AIU's online database.

The AIU clearly states that the online database available on their site is not necessarily complete - https://www.athleticsintegrity.org/know-the-process/registered-testing-pool

If Times UK/NYT/ARD haven’t contacted them then it’s a lazy very low quality journalism.

I’m sure the Times UK forgot to mention that the three British sprinters out of four who won silver are also not in the AIU's online database.

Those three outlets have consistently tried to slander Russian athletes over the last 6-7 years. It’s as if they working together. I wouldn’t trust a lot things they claim. It’s already been debunked.

One of my personal favourites this Games is Australian Marathoner Sinead Diver finishing 10th at 44yo. Gets better - she never did any competitive sport let alone athletics until 33yo. Also holds the Australian record of 2 hours 24 minutes, and has 2 children from before starting competition.

Totally cleans
There's a fair number of examples of women excelling at endurance sports after taking them up later in life; not sure what having had children has to do with athletic performance.

"Olympic 100m champion Lamont Marcell Jacobs has said he will not compete again until next year.

In response to a question on social media about when he would next race, the 26-year-old responded with "2022".

Jacobs followed up his shock 100m victory in Tokyo with another gold as part of Italy's 4x100m relay team.

His manager Marcello Magnani said injury was not a factor in the decision to take a break, but the time off is a preventative measure."

"Olympic 100m champion Lamont Marcell Jacobs has said he will not compete again until next year.

In response to a question on social media about when he would next race, the 26-year-old responded with "2022".

Jacobs followed up his shock 100m victory in Tokyo with another gold as part of Italy's 4x100m relay team.

His manager Marcello Magnani said injury was not a factor in the decision to take a break, but the time off is a preventative measure."

I was going to post the same, it sounds a bit strange. On the other hand he's set for life if he doesn't get busted and is probably going to milk that gold for the next few years. Overall he's gonna earn a few M per year for the next few years.
Italian media are super defensive about the whole track and field results, La Gazzetta (they keep getting trasier and trashier, a waste of paper) had a headline "hand's off our medals" that sounds like the worst that the British yellow press has to offer...

TRENDING THREADS