• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Omega Pharma Quick Step: Are you kidding me??

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Michele said:
Can anyone explain me the tweet of Shane Stokes after Uran's TT performance?
Is there something Im missing...?:confused:

Didn't see it but he's working for cycling "omerta" tips now, so would expect him to be very politic in his posts.

Just looked and cannot see anything pertaining to the TT - got a link?

lol so true.

roundabout said:
A few people "in the know" seem to think he is dodgy, but it seems that we are back to have never tested positive style arguments

Well he only joined Abarca in their "never tested positive" era.

Basso's numbers look like an error to me unless he is that un-aero. What did he do up to the first check? 6.0 W/kg on Montecampione? Yeh, nah.

Mar 26, 2009
www.ciclismo-espresso.com
Dear Wiggo said:
Didn't see it but he's working for cycling "omerta" tips now, so would expect him to be very politic in his posts.

Just looked and cannot see anything pertaining to the TT - got a link?

I just checked but cant find anything, it seems like he deleted (I even replied to his tweet that day).

It was something like "wherabout will Uran lose the jersey?", something like that.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
SafeBet said:
It's hillarious that Poels, Brambilla and De Gendt weren't even among the riders who finished the TTT together for OPQS.

Trolling or mistaken, this and the reactions by samson777, burning, Moose McKnuckles show beautifully how clinic works. One types untruth and others to whom it suits jump on it hungrily. Disgusting.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Kokoso said:
Trolling or mistaken, this and the reactions by samson777, burning, Moose McKnuckles show beautifully how clinic works. One types untruth and others to whom it suits jump on it hungrily. Disgusting.
Thanks for your beautifull words, chapeau.

Kokoso said:

golf-clap.gif

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
ScienceIsCool said:
His single ITT performance at last year's Giro is the only outlier among all his ITT performances until Romandie this year. Otherwise, yes; he's consistently 4-6 s/km slower than the winner of ITT's. Source: ProCyclingStats

An average increase in performance of ~6 seconds per kilometer at (estimated) 50 km/hr requires ~20% more power (or reduced drag).

Just presenting the facts.

John Swanson

20% more power. :rolleyes:

All I could find with a search for 'Uran Whereabouts'. I don't remember this Gazzetta article?

https://twitter.com/EnriqueJulian23/status/446625509674598400

Tambien publica Gazzetta que en 2013 hubo problemas con los whereabouts de un ciclista que ya no esta en plantilla. Esto es Hayman o Uran.

Gazzetta also published in 2013 there were problems with the whereabouts of a cyclist who is no longer on the roster. This is Hayman or Uran.

The Hitch said:
Yet people always use it.

Under that logic Santa wasn't anything special in the 2013 Giro becuase he sucked the second half of the mountains.

Nowhere near the same "logic".
Santa was super special from early March until May 19th, not one day.
Rest day, May 20th: His epo mate Di Luca gets popped for a positive.
Next day, dropped like a stone on a 3rd cat.

The logic here is that one TT tells all and we ignore the everything else.

Today Uran looked drained.
A one stage high followed by low = Lousy programme or putting too much effort into
one stage and suffering in the next test.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Nowhere near the same "logic".
Santa was super special from early March until May 19th, not one day.
Rest day, May 20th: His epo mate Di Luca gets popped for a positive.
Next day, dropped like a stone on a 3rd cat.

The logic here is that one TT tells all and we ignore the everything else.

Today he looked drained.
A one stage high= Lousy programme or putting too much effort into
one stage and suffering in the next test.

Di Luca got popped for a OOC test before the giro, the announcement was made during the Giro.

TRENDING THREADS