• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

One Man Alone at the Command-El Pais Contador Article

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Actual translation:

Haimar Zubeldia says:
A estas alturas, lo que diga yo de Contador sólo va a servir para afirmar lo bueno que es. Cada carrera que estoy con él alucino más. En Contador todo es bueno. En la montaña no tiene rival. En Verbier me sorprendió el tiempo que sacó en los seis kilómetros finales. Al terminar las etapas iba habitación por habitación para darte las gracias por el trabajo.

"At this point, whatever I say about Contador will only serve to confirm what a good guy he is. Every time I race with him I am more fascinated"

(note alucino directly translated means hallucinate or fascinate, in this usage he probably means he is more convinced what a good guy he is every time they race together)

"Inside Contador, everything is good. On the mountain he has no rival. On Verbier I was surprised the time he took out (of the others) in those 6 final kilometers. At the end of the stages, he went from room to room to thank (the guys) for their work. "