• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Oscar Awards

Best Picture: The Oprah Interview
Best Actor: Brad Wiggins
Best Supporting Actor: George Hincapie
Best Actress: Dara Torres
Best Supporting Actress: Sally Jenkins
Best Director: Johan Bruyneel
Best Original Screenplay: The Secret Race
Best Visual Effects: The Reasoned Decision
Best Documentary – Feature: Biogenesis
Best Short Documentary - Short: Deer Antlers
Best Foreign Feature: Puerto
Best Film Editing: Velonation
Best Short Film – Live Action: Lance vs. Tyler at Cache-Cache
Lifetime Achievement Award: Hein Verbruggen, Pat McQuaid

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Merckx index said:
Best Picture: The Oprah Interview
Best Actor: Brad Wiggins
Best Supporting Actor: George Hincapie
Best Actress: Dara Torres
Best Supporting Actress: Sally Jenkins
Best Director: Johan Bruyneel
Best Original Screenplay: The Secret Race
Best Visual Effects: The Reasoned Decision
Best Documentary – Feature: Biogenesis
Best Short Documentary - Short: Deer Antlers
Best Foreign Feature: Puerto
Best Film Editing: Velonation
Best Short Film – Live Action: Lance vs. Tyler at Cache-Cache
Lifetime Achievement Award: Hein Verbruggen, Pat McQuaid
certainly Schumi got a gong?

The Film "End of Rabo" got nominated for every category but lost in all of them.
Leinders was beaten by Wiggins for best Actor while despite playing a far more courageous role The Chicken was defeated by Hincapie for best supporting actor. Clear American Bias by the members.

I found it funny.

On a related question.

I have the Armstrong interviews clogging up my PVR. I've been meaning to watch them, but the question is if it's worth my time or the space on my PVR?

I'm thinking, it's only a half confession(it was all me, sorry, they all did it too!, bla bla bla, the usual stuff).

Is there anything new thats worth sitting trough the irritation of someone not quite telling the truth?

May 7, 2009
Visit site
the asian said:
Interesting that you chose Wiggins over Lance for Best Actor.

Lance's acting sucked. At least Wiggo has some of the people fooled. Neither one of them, to my knowledge, has called anyone "fat".

the asian said:
The Film "End of Rabo" got nominated for every category but lost in all of them.
Leinders was beaten by Wiggins for best Actor while despite playing a far more courageous role The Chicken was defeated by Hincapie for best supporting actor. Clear American Bias by the members.

Andy Schleck was nominated in several catergories but came 2nd in all

Parker said:
Why? Because I say something that is crap is crap. What is so funny about it? It's just a list of Oscar categories matched up with familar Clinic targets? And half of it doesn't even make sense.

Where's the invention or wit? It's just rubbish.

we get it. you dont like that anti doping supremo bradley wiggins got mentioned.

For the record i dont think he should be on there either. His acting has been terrible and more deserving of a razzie. Hed definately get beaten for that by kerrison though, for his performance in "an interview with CN". Especially forgetting his lines on screen at 6 minutes and staring blankly into the camera going -uhhhhh.

The Hitch said:
Andy Schleck was nominated in several catergories but came 2nd in all

we get it. you dont like that anti doping supremo bradley wiggins got mentioned.

For the record i dont think he should be on there either. His acting has been terrible and more deserving of a razzie. Hed definately get beaten for that by kerrison though, for his performance in "an interview with CN". Especially forgetting his lines on screen at 6 minutes and staring blankly into the camera going -uhhhhh.

That was the old Andy. The new Andy was nominated but abandoned the award show ;)

The Hitch said:
No. It was just crap.

For example: Best Visual Effects: The Reasoned Decision

What does that even mean? Go on - explain the hilarious joke.

Or are you just all clapping like demented seals because you don't want to be the odd one out.

Parker said:
No. It was just crap.

I agree, its not that funny. But with the kind of smackdown you offered in response, i find it hard to believe it was merely because you found the joke unfunny.

Usually people respond negatively to jokes they find offensive or dislike the content off.

If its simply not your type of humour, why be a jerk about it?

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Parker said:

The Reasoned Decision generated the best visual effects, namely Lance’s face after reading it.

I thought the visual effects of redacting out riders names etc leading to a storm of conjecture and careful analysis of historical data to identify them was worthy of an Oscar :D

I'm wondering what category Oscar fits into though? Surely he deserves and Oscar?? Possibly Visual Effects, with all the cartoons of his apartment showing his movements snail trail, and with the prosthesis and cricket bat in the corner? And some of them being patently wrong?