• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ovo Energy Tour of Britain UCI 2.HC (07.09-14.09)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Today we set off from the south side of the river

Gateshead_millennium_bridge_open.jpg

Tyneview.jpg

230px-Newcastle_baltic.jpg

With the Millennium Bridge which blinks to allow larger sea vessels to pass underneath, the Sage looking like a slug and the Baltic Arts Centre.

The then pass through Low Fell and on past the Angel of the North,

This I assume will be the warm up, next they drop down towards the Team Valley before taking a left turn onto a non categorised climb lasting 2.7km with 7-8% average gradient, this could be where the break of the day is formed unless some of the men interested in GC want to contest the early bonus sprint in Whickham, once of the top of the climb there is a short descent towards Sunniside and then on to Whickham where the first sprint of the day takes place.

Then a fast drop down to Swalwell and onto Blaydon where the Peloton might break out into a chorus of the Blaydon Races,

29426474570_980fa6d8f0_z.jpg

Now they head up Shibden Bank across to Chopwell a former pit village known locally as little Moscow and down into the Derwent Valley,

We now drop quickly into the Derwent Valley and up towards Shotley Bridge where we take a turn up into the North Pennines to the KOM at Snods Edge

We pass through Edmundbyers and up from the Derwent Valley over to the Wear Valley down Crawleyside bank into Stanhope, hopefully the road over this section wont be blocked by sheep.

Not much time is spent in Weardale as we climb unthank bank to the second KOM of the day.

At this point we cross Bollinhope Common

B6278_on_Bollihope_Common_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1340723.jpg

And decending to Teesdale, another brief stay and is is up and over to Brough in the Eden Valley.

We now head south to Kirby Stephen and south through the Howgills down to a sprint in Sedbergh which apparently has a posh school.

We then go up the narrow road towards Dent, where they could pop in to the a brewery but they turn right and up to the final KOM of the day.

img_0_0_dc.jpg

Dropping down to Kirby Lonsdale we now turn towards Kendal,

I must confess I don't know the root from Kirby Lonsdale to Kendal but this is James Knox's home roads in this area.

We finish in Kendal where they are famous for Mint Cake and shoes finishing up Beasts Bank where Ciolek beat a young Sam Bennett in 2013.

Today we set off from the south side of the river

Gateshead_millennium_bridge_open.jpg

Tyneview.jpg

230px-Newcastle_baltic.jpg

With the Millennium Bridge which blinks to allow larger sea vessels to pass underneath, the Sage looking like a slug and the Baltic Arts Centre.

The then pass through Low Fell and on past the Angel of the North,

This I assume will be the warm up, next they drop down towards the Team Valley before taking a left turn onto a non categorised climb lasting 2.7km with 7-8% average gradient, this could be where the break of the day is formed unless some of the men interested in GC want to contest the early bonus sprint in Whickham, once of the top of the climb there is a short descent towards Sunniside and then on to Whickham where the first sprint of the day takes place.

Then a fast drop down to Swalwell and onto Blaydon where the Peloton might break out into a chorus of the Blaydon Races,

29426474570_980fa6d8f0_z.jpg

Now they head up Shibden Bank across to Chopwell a former pit village known locally as little Moscow and down into the Derwent Valley,

We now drop quickly into the Derwent Valley and up towards Shotley Bridge where we take a turn up into the North Pennines to the KOM at Snods Edge

We pass through Edmundbyers and up from the Derwent Valley over to the Wear Valley down Crawleyside bank into Stanhope, hopefully the road over this section wont be blocked by sheep.

Not much time is spent in Weardale as we climb unthank bank to the second KOM of the day.

At this point we cross Bollinhope Common

B6278_on_Bollihope_Common_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1340723.jpg

And decending to Teesdale, another brief stay and is is up and over to Brough in the Eden Valley.

We now head south to Kirby Stephen and south through the Howgills down to a sprint in Sedbergh which apparently has a posh school.

We then go up the narrow road towards Dent, where they could pop in to the a brewery but they turn right and up to the final KOM of the day.

img_0_0_dc.jpg

Dropping down to Kirby Lonsdale we now turn towards Kendal,

I must confess I don't know the root from Kirby Lonsdale to Kendal but this is James Knox's home roads in this area.

We finish in Kendal where they are famous for Mint Cake and shoes finishing up Beasts Bank where Ciolek beat a young Sam Bennett in 2013.

Bit of irrelevant information. I spent 3 and half years working on the small patrol boat (P165) on the second picture down when I was in the Royal Navy. Teaching University students who are potential officers for the navy, basic navigation, seamanship skills and how to drink copious amounts of alcohol. :cool: