• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Papp you are a damn Joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
Visit site
I have nothing but praise for Jonathan Chodroff's decision to accept responsibility for his actions," said Papp. "He made a mistake - albeit a costly one - but unlike at least one of his colleagues in the US pro peloton, Jonathan stood up and took it like a man."

What a guy Joe. you sell this crap to athletes, line your pockets and now you crap on about the fact you have nothing but praise for their actions in admitting their mistakes??!!

"Took it like a man":?? if it weren't for people like you, guys like him would not be in the predicament that they are in via the drug dealing enterprises of you and others like you.
You criticize "his colleagues" yet it is low lifes like you that are the real villains here, not the riders.

Now you have the audacity to preach on the evils of drug taking, it makes me sick.

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Well who's Papp referring to? If its Floydd Landis then I totally disagree. But if its Lance Armstrong then I'd say good call, very good call!:D jk jk:p
No really, everyone deserves their second chance, or else we'd all be f***ed. You accuse him of having double standards [?], but one can't change the past, so a lot of things one says after the crime are going to sound a little hypocritical ..

online-rider said:
Well who's Papp referring to? If its Floydd Landis then I totally disagree. But if its Lance Armstrong then I'd say good call, very good call!:D jk jk:p
No really, everyone deserves their second chance, or else we'd all be f***ed. You accuse him of having double standards [?], but one can't change the past, so a lot of things one says after the crime are going to sound a little hypocritical ..

Indeed, and I'm sure Joe is treating everyone the same, and how he would like to be treated as a former doper and supplier of dope. If Lance Armstrong came out tomorrow and admitted, gave up everything, and helped reveal those corrupt in the sport then we would all have to respect that move no matter how much he is despised for his past.

A

Anonymous

As said many many times, you dope you get caught, but you stick by the omerta and refuse to name names and you are damned.

You dope and get caught, you name names, suppliers, colegues etc and you are damned.

No win situation.

Joe doesnt have to come on here, it says something of him as a person that he does. (will be interesting to see if any posters dissapear from around here over the next few weeks, or harbour any particular personal bitterness towards joe. Im sure a few of the affected riders must pass by)

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Well said Spartacus.

He is drug dealer like every other drug dealer on the street and deserves to go to jail for it. Now he's snitching away like a rat.
And his attitude on here is pathetic, he obviously doesn't have any friends in the real world...

A

Anonymous

Morgazano said:
Well said Spartacus.

He is drug dealer like every other drug dealer on the street and deserves to go to jail for it. Now he's snitching away like a rat.
And his attitude on here is pathetic, he obviously doesn't have any friends in the real world...

Youre on his list then?

Morgazano said:
Well said Spartacus.

So you despise Papp for breaking rules and laws, yet when he tries to reveal others who have committed similar actions, you despise him for that too?

You can't have it both ways.

It's the same story with Landis/Armstrong, people hate Landis for being a doper and at the same time hating for trying to reveal other dopers.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
So the fact that he's helping uncover his own drug ring makes him the bad guy? Calling someone a snitch for turning over his list of clients that are breaking the rules is ridiculous, he's helping to clean up the sport! Granted, he helped create the problem in the first place, but at least he's trying to help fix his own (and others') mess now that he has seen the error of his ways. As far as I'm concerned, he's no worse than an undercover cop who "rats out" the crooks he's been investigating. Sure, they think he's a snitch and hate him for it, but those of us who have always raced clean should be applauding him for being the one "rat" who has the balls to name names and point fingers. Even if he's only doing it to get a lighter sentence it's worth it if he uncovers a bunch of cheaters.

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
Visit site
Ferminal said:
So you despise Papp for breaking rules and laws, yet when he tries to reveal others who have committed similar actions, you despise him for that too?

You can't have it both ways.

It's the same story with Landis/Armstrong, people hate Landis for being a doper and at the same time hating for trying to reveal other dopers.

Papp is not just a doper he is a dealer, or was. There is a difference, which is why dealers are treated more harshly under the law.

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
In before this idiotic thread gets locked. I'm guessing a few people aren't sleeping well these days. I hope Joe rats all those cheaters out. :)

Yeah well it would appear idiotic in Mooseworld.

A

Anonymous

SpartacusRox said:
I have nothing but praise for Jonathan Chodroff's decision to accept responsibility for his actions," said Papp. "He made a mistake - albeit a costly one - but unlike at least one of his colleagues in the US pro peloton, Jonathan stood up and took it like a man."

What a guy Joe. you sell this crap to athletes, line your pockets and now you crap on about the fact you have nothing but praise for their actions in admitting their mistakes??!!

"Took it like a man":?? if it weren't for people like you, guys like him would not be in the predicament that they are in via the drug dealing enterprises of you and others like you.
You criticize "his colleagues" yet it is low lifes like you that are the real villains here, not the riders.

Now you have the audacity to preach on the evils of drug taking, it makes me sick.

Wow, if you knew what you were talking about regarding this, you would realize how stupid your post is. Put the time line together again, and ask yourself this question "Wait, could the government and agencies have used the apparatus already in place to monitor and bust those using it AFTER they busted Joe and found out about it?" (the wheels of justice sometimes turn slowly, or wait for someone to blow the cover off before they cover their asses by using the information they have had for awhile to finally do something.) I assure you that it is a question you need to ask yourself, because when all this gets washed out, you will realize that stupidity like your post was just blowhard anger because you couldn't handle the fact that your heroes are frauds.

Also note: It is doubly stupid to suggest that without Papp, these guys wouldn't have doped. I would be willing to bet that when they used the website set up by Joe, it wasn't their first gang bang.

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
That what redemption is all about though. Good on guys like Papp, landis, the late vdb, theunisse, dufaux etc who have the balls to fess up once they've been done. Redemption. It the clowns that still deny like Armstrong vavlerde and today Sevilla that are the joke. Can't wait to see what novitsky make of lances 99 tour urine b-samples

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
There's a lot of anger in the sport the past couple of days. I take it as a sign that the pressure is on and a lot of people are scared. Papp dealt for a limited period of time. He probably didn't supply all of the products athletes in different sports wanted. If there are investigations into 187 people, with e-mails, credit cards, shipping info, etc., a lot of those guys might be willing to talk, and identify there other suppliers. The AFLD announced months ago that they're working with Interpol to identify drug networks across sports. This could make a huge contribution to that sort of effort.

Here's what Floyd said about the people trying to stop him from attending the conference.

Attempts by others to make that process into something other than I have described above, and to discredit my current efforts by pointing to my past mistakes (which I have acknowledged), simply represent their continuing, misplaced, misguided and fear-driven efforts to temporarily sustain a manufactured truth that does not square with reality of their life

That pretty much sums up one anger front. But the people here who are all riled up is another story. We don't know who the 187 are. And if people are that angry because there's an investigation into 187 unnamed athletes, I have to wonder why they're bothered so much.

I cleared my Ignore List this morning. I've added two names, and this thread now has a much more reasonable feel.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I agree with most sentiments on this thread. The timeline dates back to 2007-2008. Papp has since confessed and been outspoken about his doping and his involvement in doping. He is no saint, not by any means, but he has made mistakes and he has paid for those mistakes (IMO). He, like others that have spoken out and defied the omerta, should be listened to rather than ignored. Some may doubt the veracity of their opinions/confessions because of their doping and the questions this raises in regard to their honesty and morality, but eventually everyone has to be able to look at themselves in the mirror.

A

Anonymous

Morgazano said:
Well said Spartacus.

The closer we get to actually doing something about doping in cycling, the more shrill the monkeys become.

I too have to wonder about all of the resistance...

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Sparts, Papp made something like 80k selling online during a 1yr period. I believe that is 80k gross (revenue in), not "net" (profit). So I'd have to argue that he "lined his pockets".

Maybe Joe could post here, but I'm pretty sure he was not driving around in a Beamer and drinking Cristal out of stripper's navels :rolleyes:

As for Chodroff, he was buying drugs off a website w/ a name like "Xingtsao Bioproducts". He did not even know it was Papp (or the US govt.) on the other end. How do you think he found that website? Here's a guess: probably he googled "Chinese EPO" and "Chinese HGH". Yet you claim if not for Joe, poor Chodroff would be clean today??

Please. If not website A, he would have bought from website B.

You are like the angry mother who scolds the local newstand vendor b/c her innocent son bought a Playboy there :p

SpartacusRox said:
Papp is not just a doper he is a dealer, or was. There is a difference, which is why dealers are treated more harshly under the law.

Err, I don't think anyone has ever condoned Joe's conduct in terms of supplying drugs. I'm quite sure everyone believes that Joe should take any punishment the legal system delivers him.

But again, I fail to see how that makes his position today somehow bad (worse than saying nothing?). It's mind boggling that certain people are against former cyclists speaking out about doping, it's almost as though they prefer the status quo.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
SpartacusRox said:
...you sell this crap to athletes, line your pockets and now you crap on about the fact you have nothing but praise for their actions in admitting their mistakes??!!....

I guess he should have said nothing at all, and let Chodroff and others continue? Oh...and also...you think that the cheats like Chodroff et al. wouldn't have found it without Papp? You think he is the only person dealing? Give me a break. There are plenty of others, perhaps some of whom are on Papp's list, and will soon be revealed. I hope they also make their "lists" available to the FDA investigators and USADA. Get them all, and thank you Joe.

Status
Not open for further replies.