• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris - Nice 2021, March 7 - March 14

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I knew I'd seen those bucktoothed blobfish space traveller things before. I think El Santo was fighting them in a Mexican B-movie.

vWTpzNq.png

I knew I'd seen those bucktoothed blobfish space traveller things before. I think El Santo was fighting them in a Mexican B-movie.

vWTpzNq.png
With the visor, it makes much more sense. Without it, it's a huge parachute on your face.
Also i think the British used the same helmets in the 2019 WCC ITT.

Pretty sure it was: "I lost some power, but gained some weight."
266full.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
Nah, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure it was: "Who needs power, when I have weight."

It is weight gain that is usually more of a problem, power loss is not so quick: engine (heart and lungs) remain strong for a longer time. Miguel Indurain at the age of 46 weighted 92 kilos but his aerobic power was 450 watts: his engine was still there (weaker by 10-15% than during his prime but at this age and dozen of years after retiring it's physiologically normal).

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS