• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris - Nice 2021, March 7 - March 14

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Clipboard.jpg

answering the is Coquard as bad at climbing as Ewan debate from earlier

• Haha
Reactions: Samu Cuenca
I dont think he is as puncheur as Valverde used to be. Today if Alaphilipe had been there he would have won.
Roglic is obviously versatile but what Valverde did year after year for a long time was very impressive. Roglic probably could win an Ardennes classic if he changed his season targets. He's already a better grand tour rider than Valverde.

I dont think he is as puncheur as Valverde used to be. Today if Alaphilipe had been there he would have won.
Maybe you are right on prime Valverde having a bit more punch, but Roglič gains in other areas (TT, long climbs, better GT rider in general).
About Alaphilippe...again maybe you are right. But maybe if Roglič was in T-A yesterday, maybe he would have smoked them all. We'll never know. Luckily we'll have races in the future where they'll compete against each other again.

Maybe you are right on prime Valverde having a bit more punch, but Roglič gains in other areas (TT, long climbs, better GT rider in general).
About Alaphilippe...again maybe you are right. But maybe if Roglič was in T-A yesterday, maybe he would have smoked them all. We'll never know. Luckily we'll have races in the future where they'll compete against each other again.
I had not put money on Roglic beating Alaphilipe yesterday at Tirreno

TRENDING THREADS