• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris - Nice 2021, March 7 - March 14

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
While I really would have wished Mader won the stage, in defense of Roglic: if he doesn't do that sprint and e.g. Schachmann does the sprint and overtakes Mader, Roglic looses the bonus seconds and the stage to a direct rival. Better be safe than sorry.

Tbf if Schachmann goes, Roglic still beats him in the sprint when he responds. I think fair enough in that case but Roglic jumped first twice to bring Mader back in that last km.

I'm of the opinion when you're someone like Roglic and Jumbo, you don't want to make enemies of the other teams. A badly timed crash or mechanical, Bahrain might just go feck it and take some revenge.

Reactions: Volderke
GC
Clipboard.jpg

Reactions: Sandisfan
Let's hope the other teams will make life really tough and unpleasant for Jumbo-Visma the next couple of months. :)
Who’s going to do that? This is the new blueprint. Skineos should’ve copyrighted and patented the formula (even though they lifted it straight from the Bruyneel Mtn strategy). Now RaboJumbo has built the ultimate machine. Next will be Quik Step or UAE with all these long term contracts and buying up the talent.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS